Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Okay, I can see you are one of those highly defensive types. Smiley Happy

I'll try to explain myself a bit better..

I said two steps forward, one step back, because:

Sony is now including a headset with every PS4 (unlike PS3) yet not including the PS Camera.

MS is including a kinect with every Xbox One, but Sony is removing the original rumored PS Camera in every box, to lower the price -- Which is understandable.

The 360 launched with a headset in every box. It came out a year before the PS3 and was the cheaper of the two.

Because of that, the online community was much more larger (and dedicated) than the PS3 community -- and they even paid for it!

A con for this, was there were a lot more "young" gamers online.

PS3 comes out, does not include a headset, but has free online. Because it was the more expensive of the 2, there were a lot less "kids" on PSN. (but this soon changed over time / after the price drop.) The online community is / was much more less dedicated than 360. (More people play MP games on 360, use mics, join online tournaments, etc.)

Now, when I say PS4 will be the 360 of next gen, here is what I am saying: (Take them as pros, cons, or however the hell you want.)

• It will be the cheaper of the 2 consoles: So this means more "young" gamers online, at launch -- with headsets, included with the console.
  • We pay for online multiplayer now -- When fanboys / loyalists used to say that was a con for owning a 360.
  • A better online network and a larger (more dedicated) online multiplayer base.

Not including the PS Camera is not a step back. It''s all about CONSOLE sales,... not selling, and getting that peripheral adopted. Sony wants to sell more GAMES as their #1 objective, and a add-on camera included to increase the price hurts the sales of said Console. So NOT including the camera is a positive for CONSOLE adoption (The MAIN Purpose) because only that will help Sony sell more games, and to get MORE development support. You say it's understandable, but at the same time thinking a game console without a camera included is a negative, when that understandable positive is FAR more important to the success of a console, and it's games.

So the PS4 will get more young players because it's cheaper, and includes a headset in every box (Unlike the Xbone) and that is a negative? Don't you see that included headset, and the $100 cheaper price canceles out that negative due to those things being far more important?

The PS3 coming out with less support/kids only did two things = #1. It hurt Sony badly, and #2. Sony learned from their mistakes = Why their decisions about what they include, and do not include with the PS4... Would you rather have Sony go under just to have less sales because of a camera, and less support/kids?

• Cheaper is better regardless
  • I was an Xbox fan, and supported paying for superior online play at the time. Now Sony offers me far more Single Player games to play with PS+ than Microsoft does with XBL GOLD
  • This is why Sony needs to charge for Online play. You can't get better by giving it away for free. Especially with Sony reeling so bad after the PS3 costs that created billions in debt. Sony wasn't in a good financial situation, and they are trying to do better. I feel they deserve that support, because they have shown they want to do better by all their decisions. = Do you kick a Dog that wants to do the right thing when it's down?

Nah, I fully support the underdog (Financially) this coming generation 100%, and that is Sony.

Mike, calm down. You're preaching to the choir here. Smiley Happy

I was only pointing out things that some may find as a "pro" or "con."

I myself never once said I found any of those pros or cons. I said "Take them as pros, cons, or however the hell you want."

Please read my post more carefully Smiley Happy

My opinion about the PS4 being the 360 of next-gen remains the same. And I'll repeat myself.. "That is neither a complete compliment nor a complete insult." Take it as you want.

And you are obviously not a fan of the "underdog," since you are pretty much saying you were an "Xbot" who is now fully converted to PlayStation. That isn't someone following the underdog, that is someone following the top dog. Smiley Wink

I myself have been a fan of PS since 1996. (I'm 30 now.) Even though I've always been a multi-platform gamer / owner, the PlayStation has always been my favorite brand since it was introduced. Top dog (PS1, PS2) or not (PS3).

Better exclusives>Weak multiplatform ports, IMO.

I only play the other consoles for their exclusives, but all multi-platform titles are bought on my PS3. (Even if they are the "weaker" version to some.)

Needless to say, all of my gaming is done on my PS3, considering MS doesn't have a very large list of awesome exclusives.

And this will be the same for me, when I own both a PS4 and Xbox One.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 91 of 94 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Financially Sony isn't Top Dog, and that's why they are the underdog.

I feel any support for the Xbone sends a bad message. Microsoft needs to fail first, get some new people in charge, gain some humility back, and do far better next time before I feel they deserve any support.

Message 92 of 94 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1748 posts

Jul 5, 2013

X-Box One is always On, & the Camera is for the most Part, a big part of the Console, as the PS4 has a very easy Accesible Camera...
& it's not like the Camera can work without being Plugged in... So I would feel much better about a Camera on the PS4 then an X-Box...

As with the X-Box One, i'd probably be feeling like i'm being watched, @_@

It would be cool though, if the New PS Eye Toy would work on the PS3, though, oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 93 of 94 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

Financially Sony isn't Top Dog, and that's why they are the underdog.

I feel any support for the Xbone sends a bad message. Microsoft needs to fail first, get some new people in charge, gain some humility back, and do far better next time before I feel they deserve any support.

Well it doesn't matter what you or I feel. MS will make a lot of money off the Xbox One.

And Sony is going to make a lot of money off the PS4 (and its games.)

And the way things are looking (presale wise), the PS4 is going to financially be the top dog this next gen.

I'm willing to bet more homes will have a PS4 than an Xbox One.

Just like 360 was in more homes, than PS3.

Even after MS drops the Xbox One price in a few years, it will be too late. I doubt they will climb their way back, like PS3 did after its price drop(s).

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 94 of 94 (165 Views)
0 Likes