Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/15/2013
Online
1245 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

I love how people don't even read the entire thread before they post anything, I'm not going to respond to stupidity anymore, As stated 100 times it has nothing to do with the WII or even getting up and moving to play, and someone gave you Kudos? Don't you understand It has nothing to do with what has already been re hashed 1000 times by things like the wii? It isn't a replica it is something completely different you just aren't aware enough to see it.. and If you are worried about the government make sure you throw out your phone, IDs, your Car if you even own one, burn down your house and then go live in the woods, and after you live in the woods make sure to burn your finger prints off if you ever used a bank before in your life or been detained by the police, and after that make sure to use facial reconstruction surgery for all the cameras that indeed have facial recognition all over the world and that have been watching you longer than the xbox one

I seriously hope the next responder takes the time to read all 8 pages, otherwise don't even bother as it will be a re hashing of the same thing over and over

Oh and make sure somehow you go and delete your birth from the system as that is also recorded...

the fact that people are paranoid over xbox one with these trillion dollar satellites floating in the sky pointed down at us like WTH really are you guys this dumb?

 

People don't like it because people don't have any future sight.. they think oh my god I have to move my fat @#$ I don't want to that makes me angry give me a controller and it has nothing to do with that...

 

If by the end game of the kinect they simply replicate what the WII is doing? you think microsoft with their billions is that stupid?? This has nothing to do with pure kinect or motion games.

 

The reason my response is more hostile than normal is not because of the fact we all don't agree, that is fair enough.. My problem is people keep posting without reading and repeating what was said before them and frankly the stupidity is starting to make me itch.

 

And you know what is funny to all you paranoid people out there? After you just completed the horrid list I wrote to escape from the governments eye they most likely could STILL know who you are by dental records.. so don't forget those teeth...

 

When it is all said and done most likely in 50 years there will be body scan identification anyway, it won't just be your finger prints, most likely everything about you including finger prints and much more personal information from your nut size to your arm length... if you are paranoid over the xbox one you should run right now...


So before you go rambling on about the governement and such, maybe you should have asked me to explain myself a little more in depth. I'm not worried about the government in the aspects you talked about. For me its about privacy, its the fact there is a camera in my room that has the possibility to watching what I am doing. Would you like a camera in your room watching your every move, hearing what goes on in the privacy of your household? Again, you can say that microsoft said they won't watch you, but its how much your really trust them. Oh and let me know when a trillion dollar satelite can see every microscopic detail in my house under my roof (or watch me during intimate times with my future wife, yeah, I said it)

 

Yes, I know what the kinect can do, and really, it serves no purpose for me. I don't buy a kinect so I can skype when I can just do that on my computer. Yes, I know you won't always have to get up and move around (I loved the little infering on how everyone who doesn't want to get up and move around is fat, real nice there bud, even though I'm 5'7 and 117 some pounds). I never said it had to do with the WII, I gave an EXAMPLE, on how and why motion gaming and motion stuff in general is a gimmick to me. You want to know whats funny to me? You keep saying the kinect is not all getting up and moving around, but yet, what are most of the games I have seen for the kinect? Dancing games, motion games, games on rails, etc. Not to mention there was not one thing shown at E3 gamewise that seemed to utilize the kinect that stood out to me. Why spend an extra 100 dollars on something that I can do with a controller. So i can swipe my hand to move tiles?  Big deal, I can navigate just as easily with a controller. So i can speak to it? Ok, I can go to something by pressing the A button and moving the analog stick and I can reach down and get up (yes I actually said I like to move around) to turn it onby pressing a button. I don't care about skype, and I don't like motion games. So that leaves them integrating the kinect into games as a feature, which I saw nothing at E3 that stood out to me, and it didn't really stand out to me this current gen when they implemented it. The only thing that stood out to me was the thing where zombies can hear things in the background in Dead Rising 3, which I can see being an annoyance for alot of people who live in a noisy household/area.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 94 (195 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/15/2013
Online
1245 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

Oh I forgot about pretty much the fact they have your DNA on record if you have gone to a hospital and they did certain tests... RUN PEOPLE RUN ( Fun Fact! ) If you are sick and go to the hospital for say to check your blood for illness... for whatever reason, be it intoxication, disease, autoimmune.. they are allowed to actually KEEP some of your blood ( and it doesnt have to be for the current tests they are running on you when they drew it ), they won't inform you either... people are so in the dark idk how they haven't broken every single one of their toes by now. They have control and view over every part of your life just think about it

 

Once you understand we are all ready doomed then you can stop worrying and enjoy the little things.


And again, its not the fact I already know they are doing it, its the PRINCIPLE of them doing it. But no, people are so comfortable with them taking away our privacy that they don't care about doing anything about it or standing up to it. I know they have records of me, have satelites, etc, but does that mean I have to just sit back and agree or like it? No, I have the freedom and right to not like it if I want to.

I'm not paranoid, I just don't agree with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 94 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013
1. I dont want the camera
2. Never will
3. Im glad. Or else, the price would be higher.

Im just fine with that not being included.
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 94 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Okay, I can see you are one of those highly defensive types. :smileyhappy:

I'll try to explain myself a bit better..

 

I said two steps forward, one step back, because:

Sony is now including a headset with every PS4 (unlike PS3) yet not including the PS Camera.

MS is including a kinect with every Xbox One, but Sony is removing the original rumored PS Camera in every box, to lower the price -- Which is understandable.

 

The 360 launched with a headset in every box. It came out a year before the PS3 and was the cheaper of the two.

Because of that, the online community was much more larger (and dedicated) than the PS3 community -- and they even paid for it!

A con for this, was there were a lot more "young" gamers online.

 

PS3 comes out, does not include a headset, but has free online. Because it was the more expensive of the 2, there were a lot less "kids" on PSN. (but this soon changed over time / after the price drop.) The online community is / was much more less dedicated than 360. (More people play MP games on 360, use mics, join online tournaments, etc.)

 

Now, when I say PS4 will be the 360 of next gen, here is what I am saying: (Take them as pros, cons, or however the hell you want.)

  • It will be the cheaper of the 2 consoles: So this means more "young" gamers online, at launch -- with headsets, included with the console.
  • We pay for online multiplayer now -- When fanboys / loyalists used to say that was a con for owning a 360.
  • A better online network and a larger (more dedicated) online multiplayer base.

Not including the PS Camera is not a step back. It''s all about CONSOLE sales,... not selling, and getting that peripheral adopted. Sony wants to sell more GAMES as their #1 objective, and a add-on camera included to increase the price hurts the sales of said Console. So NOT including the camera is a positive for CONSOLE adoption (The MAIN Purpose) because only that will help Sony sell more games, and to get MORE development support. You say it's understandable, but at the same time thinking a game console without a camera included is a negative, when that understandable positive is FAR more important to the success of a console, and it's games.

 

So the PS4 will get more young players because it's cheaper, and includes a headset in every box (Unlike the Xbone) and that is a negative? Don't you see that included headset, and the $100 cheaper price canceles out that negative due to those things being far more important?

 

The PS3 coming out with less support/kids only did two things = #1. It hurt Sony badly, and #2. Sony learned from their mistakes = Why their decisions about what they include, and do not include with the PS4... Would you rather have Sony go under just to have less sales because of a camera, and less support/kids?

 

  • Cheaper is better regardless
  • I was an Xbox fan, and supported paying for superior online play at the time. Now Sony offers me far more Single Player games to play with PS+ than Microsoft does with XBL GOLD
  • This is why Sony needs to charge for Online play. You can't get better by giving it away for free. Especially with Sony reeling so bad after the PS3 costs that created billions in debt. Sony wasn't in a good financial situation, and they are trying to do better. I feel they deserve that support, because they have shown they want to do better by all their decisions. = Do you kick a Dog that wants to do the right thing when it's down?

     

    Nah, I fully support the underdog (Financially) this coming generation 100%, and that is Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 94 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013
 
You_Silly_Humans wrote:

Oh I forgot about pretty much the fact they have your DNA on record if you have gone to a hospital and they did certain tests... RUN PEOPLE RUN ( Fun Fact! ) If you are sick and go to the hospital for say to check your blood for illness... for whatever reason, be it intoxication, disease, autoimmune.. they are allowed to actually KEEP some of your blood ( and it doesnt have to be for the current tests they are running on you when they drew it ), they won't inform you either... people are so in the dark idk how they haven't broken every single one of their toes by now. They have control and view over every part of your life just think about it

 

Once you understand we are all ready doomed then you can stop worrying and enjoy the little things.


You are being ridiculous.

 

People can't control everything that happens in their life, but they can make the choice not to buy a system that needs a Camera always plugged into it. They can even have the right to dislike the thought of Microsoft making an always on camera that is mandatory in-order for the console to function.

 

You fail to realize that some things in life are necessities, a game console, and especially a camera are not. A camera isn't even necessary to play games, but Microsoft made the dumb decision to force that on everyone who wants their system. = Well guess what, not everyone who wanted their system wants Kinect, and they have the right to HATE the thought of it being mandatory to play while increasing the costs of the system.

 

Get a clue!

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 94 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/04/2013
Offline
14 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013

I also don't care about not getting the PS4 eye with the PS4. If I wanted it, I could buy it separately, but alas, I don't want it and like Sony much more for making it a choice rather than mandatory like Microsoft did with Kinect. Also, the PS4 won't always be watching me, while the X1 wil.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 94 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013

I really don't care.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 94 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/15/2013
Online
1245 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:
 
You_Silly_Humans wrote:

Oh I forgot about pretty much the fact they have your DNA on record if you have gone to a hospital and they did certain tests... RUN PEOPLE RUN ( Fun Fact! ) If you are sick and go to the hospital for say to check your blood for illness... for whatever reason, be it intoxication, disease, autoimmune.. they are allowed to actually KEEP some of your blood ( and it doesnt have to be for the current tests they are running on you when they drew it ), they won't inform you either... people are so in the dark idk how they haven't broken every single one of their toes by now. They have control and view over every part of your life just think about it

 

Once you understand we are all ready doomed then you can stop worrying and enjoy the little things.


You are being ridiculous.

 

People can't control everything that happens in their life, but they can make the choice not to buy a system that needs a Camera always plugged into it. They can even have the right to dislike the thought of Microsoft making an always on camera that is mandatory in-order for the console to function.

 

You fail to realize that some things in life are necessities, a game console, and especially a camera are not. A camera isn't even necessary to play games, but Microsoft made the dumb decision to force that on everyone who wants their system. = Well guess what, not everyone who wanted their system wants Kinect, and they have the right to HATE the thought of it being mandatory to play while increasing the costs of the system.

 

Get a clue!



Thank You! Exactly!

 

@sillyhuman, you made the comment some people don't want to move into the future, but the fact is some people just like the way things are. It doesn't mean they don't want to move into the future. I'm sure you yourself have things you don't want to have changed. Gaming with a controller has been done ever since game systems were made (with the exceptions of handhelds), I don't see it changing anytime soon. Some people like things others could care less about or don't like. Thats what makes things interesting, we all have differing opinions.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 94 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/14/2009
Offline
1733 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

What ever happened to being Open Minded about Products...

I play most Genre, use any Controller, & am a Multi-Console user...

I use both Controllers, Fight Sticks, Six Axis, & Motion Controllers...

How can one claim their a Hard Core Gamer, when they won't even look at other ways to Play? @_@

Plus what is the difference if Sony gave you a Camera Free with the PS4, or if they gave you a Game that has a Free Camera anyways?

Even though I didn't get an Eye Toy with my PS3, I still got 3 of them without any extra fees... 

If your paying for a Camera on the PS3, then you were over priced, lOl...

With that said, why not include it in the PS4, & that way everyone will have Access, I can't see why that would change the Price, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
.......................
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!


Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 94 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/14/2009
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013
Forcing Kinect on Xbox One enthusiasts is a sincere source of concern for some. I think Sony made the best choice for their fans by making the Eye an optional purchase, even if it fragments support. I intend to buy the camera, and I seriously hope camera support is fundamentally integrated into the entire PS4 experience even if games don't choose to utilize it.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 94 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes