Oct 30 2013
By: catamountalum04 Lombax Warrior 113 posts

Ps4 user question

5 replies 168 views Edited Oct 30, 2013

So on the ps3 we can only have our psn on up to 5 consoles.  I was reading the FAQ about the ps4 and got confused about this topic in regards to the console.  So if I read right we can only have our name on one ps4?  If I read right we have one primary console and if we sell that console then we have to deactivate that console before we can make another console our primary.  Is this right and the question I thought of what happens if the console breaks how do we make the second console we buy to replace the first one the primary?

Message 1 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: Ps4 user question

Oct 30, 2013

If my question did not make sense I can rephrase it.  I just want to make sure I understand how the USN name works so I don't lock myself out if I play a friends console

Message 2 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Oct 30, 2013
From what I understood ; you can activate your PSN on up to 5 friends consoles considered shared.... Yours will be the primary so 6 in total. The catch is that games from PSN can only be played on two consoles at any given time... Yours and only on one of your friends....
Message 3 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13560 posts

Oct 30, 2013

catamountalum04 wrote:

So on the ps3 we can only have our psn on up to 5 consoles.  I was reading the FAQ about the ps4 and got confused about this topic in regards to the console.  So if I read right we can only have our name on one ps4?  If I read right we have one primary console and if we sell that console then we have to deactivate that console before we can make another console our primary.  Is this right and the question I thought of what happens if the console breaks how do we make the second console we buy to replace the first one the primary?

1. Wrong. The PS3 limit was reduced to 2.

2. The PS4, you select one console to be your 'primary" console. Any other users on the same console can access your games, including enjoying the benefits of PS+ and online play.

3. There is NO LIMIT on how many other consoles you can log on to. However, only YOU can play those games. No other users on that PS4 can access your games without being logged in under your account. Also, no other users get the PS+ benefits if you are a PS+ member.

4. If your PS4 breaks, send it to Sony. Or, just deal with the fact that you can no longer have a primary console (which, unless you have other members in your household that also use the PS4, is not an issue)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Oct 31, 2013

so if i for some reason go through 3 consoles over a five year time frame do i need to go through the hassle of deactvating the broken consoles?

Message 5 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Oct 31, 2013

catamountalum04 wrote:

so if i for some reason go through 3 consoles over a five year time frame do i need to go through the hassle of deactvating the broken consoles?

For what, PS3 or PS4?

PS3: Yes, you'd have to deactivate them. You can do this from the Sony website (I don't know the location), and you can deactivate all consoles once every 6 months.

PS4: You don't HAVE to. Only if you want to set a new console as a "primary" console so that others can access your content.

If the PS4 is going to be used strictly by you, then there is no need to deactivate anything.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (92 Views)
0 Likes