Nov 16 2013
By: Hollister_Boy_89 First Son 30 posts
Accepted Solution

Ps4 warranty

21 replies 408 views Edited Nov 16, 2013
Hey guys! People who got their ps4 at best buy is it worth buying the $90 warranty they offer for 2 years (covers accidental damage and if it stops responding...they said they don't fix it they will just give you a new one) "compared to sony that you need to send it and pay a deductible...so they say" Thanks' and sorry if this question was asked...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

Re: Ps4 warranty

Nov 16, 2013
Yes. I paid $40 for one year warranty from GameStop.

Just look at these forums. Just about everyone who runs into an issue where their PS4 stops working has to deal with going through Sony and waiting who knows how long. Plus the warranty gives you peace of mind that if anywhere were to happen, it's as easy as taking it back to the store.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
624 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I didnt pay any deductible to Sony when i sent my PS3 in?  But yes its worth it! I think $90 for 2 years peace of mind is worth it !  

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (394 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Hollister_Boy_89 wrote:
Hey guys! People who got their ps4 at best buy is it worth buying the $90 warranty they offer for 2 years (covers accidental damage and if it stops responding...they said they don't fix it they will just give you a new one) "compared to sony that you need to send it and pay a deductible...so they say" Thanks' and sorry if this question was asked...

No. The Sony warranty is 3 years with accidental damage protection for $60. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (392 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2967 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

You can get the warranty from sony for $60 with Accidental Damage (must get within 30 days), $50 without AD and as an added bonus you can purchase it as long as you are within your 1 year limited warranty. 

http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/pricing/index.htm

From the FAQ

Q.  Who is eligible to purchase these new service plans 

A. The PlayStation® Protection Plans are available for purchase by customers who are still within their original one-year limited warranty. Accidental Damage Plans are available to anyone who has purchased a system in the past 30 days

edit: added price without AD and 30 day limit on AD

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Well I've got a Best Buy Warranty and they can't do anything for me. They can't give me a new PS4 since they're out(my PS4 seems to be defective) and they told me my best bet is to contact Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Thanks guys I got it just in case since it's new and I don't know what could happen to the system
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (365 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

You can get the warranty from sony for $60 with accidently damage, and as an added bonus you can purchase it as long as you are within your 1 year limited warranty. 

From the FAQ

A. The PlayStation® Protection Plans are available for purchase by customers who are still within their original one-year limited warranty. Accidental Damage Plans are available to anyone who has purchased a system in the past 30 days

No that's incorrect. It's 30 days

CONSOLE DEVICES (only available for PS3™ and PS4™) - In addition to coverage for Product hardware failures due to defects in workmanship and/or materials, or due to normal wear and tear, this Service Plan also provides coverage for accidental damage from handling (such as drops, liquid spills, and cracks) and failures that occur during normal use and operation in accordance with the manufacturer's written specifications, in an appropriate operating environment. Coverage will apply only if purchased within thirty (30) days from the date Your Product was purchased. Product inspection for neglect or abuse will be performed prior to service and the determination is at the sole discretion of the authorized service provider.

<Edit> Maybe I'm reading that wron that does seem to apply only to the accidental damage part. I saw the warranty info on my PS4 last night and took it to mean everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2967 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

You can get the warranty from sony for $60 with accidently damage, and as an added bonus you can purchase it as long as you are within your 1 year limited warranty. 

From the FAQ

No that's incorrect. It's 30 days

CONSOLE DEVICES (only available for PS3™ and PS4™) - In addition to coverage for Product hardware failures due to defects in workmanship and/or materials, or due to normal wear and tear, this Service Plan also provides coverage for accidental damage from handling (such as drops, liquid spills, and cracks) and failures that occur during normal use and operation in accordance with the manufacturer's written specifications, in an appropriate operating environment. Coverage will apply only if purchased within thirty (30) days from the date Your Product was purchased. Product inspection for neglect or abuse will be performed prior to service and the determination is at the sole discretion of the authorized service provider.

<Edit> Maybe I'm reading that wron that does seem to apply only to the accidental damage part. I saw the warranty info on my PS4 last night and took it to mean everything.

the 30 days is only for accidental damage, per the faq. 

edit: accidental warranty is just about useless on a console that doesn't move. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (345 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (339 Views)
0 Likes