Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
15655 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

May 9, 2013

TheDster wrote:
I'm not getting cause no bc with ps3 games. I can't afford to buy all my games over again even at reduced 20 it's 4 k, I estimate I got 3 k little more maybe less in ps3 games alone. I didn't buy but 5 to 7 at full prices though.

Crawled back out of that hole again I see. You should go back. This place is much better off without you.
Why would you use your PS4 to play PS3 games for? You have 5 PS3's to begin with.... But you obviously don't uderstand why its impossible to do it anyway. And I'm certainly not going to bother explaining it to you because my 6 year old niece can understand things better than you, and she is in her "why?" phase.

Greed never prospers, had they been 40 bucks brand new, just came out I bet they would of done a lot better?
You have no clue as to why games cost what they cost. And as I said above, you're too stupid to bother explaining it.
You should have stayed off this forum. 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 31 of 69 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15655 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

TheDster wrote:
I'm not getting cause no bc with ps3 games. I can't afford to buy all my games over again 

Where the *bleep* did this whole 'buy games again' thing come from, anyway?  It is highly unlikely that 'PS3 Classics' will be offered on the PS4.

I don't know about everyone else, but I bought my PS3 to play PS3 games.  I bought a PS Vita to play PS Vita games, and I will buy the PS4 to play PS4 games.  If I want to revisit my PS3 collection, I will play PS3 games on the PS3 that will be conveniently located right next to my PS4 and will be hooked up to the same TV.

If my PS3 should happen to eventually stop working, I will either get it fixed, or buy a new one (I suspect the PS3 will be $99-149 within a couple of years of the PS4's release).  I also realize that within a couple of years, I will likely have no further interest in playing PS3 games (as what happened with PS2 games shortly after I purchased my PS3), so whether or not my PS3 breaks, it may be a moot point.

If the 'buy games again' thing comes from the fact that the PS4 will have the Gaikai streaming service, I honestly expect that to be a subscription service (annual or monthly fee for unlimited game streaming, kind of like a Netflix for games), and not an ala carte service (pay for each game you wish to stream).

Don't bother yourself with him. He doesn't get it, and never will.

He's probably trying to sell his 5 PS3's to get a PS4 and doesn't want to also get rid of the $4k he spent on PS3 games for it. 

But, he does not possess any cognitive ability to be able to see that if he kept AT LEAST ONE PS3, he can continue playing PS3 games, and use his PS4 for PS4 games.

But we'll still see him.... he'll get a PS4 ANYWAY.... eventually.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 32 of 69 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8478 posts

May 9, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

Well guess what it will be on win 8, and the ps4 will be win 7..

They will be on some form of windows as of yet it is unknown.

But games are going to be built on a windows platform, also games will be built on each console for each console...

So yeah the next gen it pretty much relaxed on security...

Having PC architecture does not necessarily mean it runs on Windows.

Apple makes computers that run on PC architecture (Intel i-core processors), but they have nothing to do with Windows.  They run on a Macintosh Operating System, which is more-or-less based on Unix.  Many PC users use some flavor of Linux, which is also a Unix-based OS.

The PS4, like the PS3, will run on a proprietary Sony Playstation operating system, which will probably also be Unix based.

Message 33 of 69 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

May 9, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:
i agree, UTTER GARBAGE. This share gimmick is suck a useless junk tool, PS4: NO THANK YOU

You are just stuck on the Social Media aspect of the word SHARE, which has become way, way too ubiquitous.  Share this, share that, share this post in 3 seconds and great fortunes will befall you.

It is much more than a gimmick on the PS4.  As I stated earlier in this thread, behind that SHARE button will be a whole slew of features, that many gamers will find extremely useful, even if they don't have a Facebook or Twitter account.

In the past few months, there have been no less than 100 topics started wondering what is the easiest or cheapest way to record gameplay to post to youtube or facebook.  With the PS4, that will be as simple as pausing your game, hitting the SHARE button and selecting the RECORD GAMEPLAY feature, and once done recording AND EDITING your gameplay video (you know, to remove those 15 deaths you suffered during the recording so you can make it look like you got through that extra difficult moment on the first try), a simple matter of uploading to youtube directly from the PS4's GUI.  All without quitting your game.

Not only can you share your gameplay videos, but you can invite your friends to watch you play through that extra difficult moment, and if it turns out that extra difficult moment is too much for you, one of your friends can actually take control of your character and help you through it.  Sony hasn't said whether or not your friends would need a copy of the game to take control, but I would assume that they do.

You can live-stream your gameplay to your ustream.tv channel, as well.

HAHAHAHA Holy cow you must be high.

The whole premise of the share function is UTTER GARBAGE. Why would any gamer, other than some kid younger than 10YO, and not know any better, post gameplay vids of how they play, what they play, their opinions, spoilers of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING of the game, yadda yadda yadda.

Sony claims the Share function can be turned off to prevent gameplay disruptions.....then why the EFF would they even include this default piece of trash gimmick in the first place?

maybe you might use the share fuction, but please tell me: how often do you plan to use this? how long do you plan to use this when everything can be found from numerous OTHER gamers on youtube? why would you, and every other gamer post their gameplay vids for their friends to see, and be spoiled of story, gameplay, etc.? do you actually forsee gamers to use this function? do YOU forsee yourself using this on a regualr basis, to constitute this was a good idea well worth the efforts and $$$ of R&D?

Well  gve him time he doesnt  know yeat  xbx 720 has one too  lol.:smileyvery-happy:  which is true btw

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 34 of 69 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

TheDster wrote:
I'm not getting cause no bc with ps3 games. I can't afford to buy all my games over again 

Where the *bleep* did this whole 'buy games again' thing come from, anyway?  It is highly unlikely that 'PS3 Classics' will be offered on the PS4.

I don't know about everyone else, but I bought my PS3 to play PS3 games.  I bought a PS Vita to play PS Vita games, and I will buy the PS4 to play PS4 games.  If I want to revisit my PS3 collection, I will play PS3 games on the PS3 that will be conveniently located right next to my PS4 and will be hooked up to the same TV.

If my PS3 should happen to eventually stop working, I will either get it fixed, or buy a new one (I suspect the PS3 will be $99-149 within a couple of years of the PS4's release).  I also realize that within a couple of years, I will likely have no further interest in playing PS3 games (as what happened with PS2 games shortly after I purchased my PS3), so whether or not my PS3 breaks, it may be a moot point.

If the 'buy games again' thing comes from the fact that the PS4 will have the Gaikai streaming service, I honestly expect that to be a subscription service (annual or monthly fee for unlimited game streaming, kind of like a Netflix for games), and not an ala carte service (pay for each game you wish to stream).

Don't bother yourself with him. He doesn't get it, and never will.

He's probably trying to sell his 5 PS3's to get a PS4 and doesn't want to also get rid of the $4k he spent on PS3 games for it. 

But, he does not possess any cognitive ability to be able to see that if he kept AT LEAST ONE PS3, he can continue playing PS3 games, and use his PS4 for PS4 games.

But we'll still see him.... he'll get a PS4 ANYWAY.... eventually.

Wow kid. Settle down and take your juice, although you've more than likely already roided up for the day.

Just because I don't like the PS4 b/c of it crap gimmicks doesn't mean that you and the very few gamers who like these settings are tremendous in numbers and constitute a worthwhile PS4 design. Can you please tell me what ratio you forsee of gamers who constantly SHARE to gamers who rarely/never SHARE? more than likely this ratio will be less than 10%. when this is first released we may see 50% of people posting short clips, but that is fully on the short term. long term will be 10% or less.

i appreciate you covering your bases with claiming ".... he'll get a PS4 ANYWAY.... eventually."  IF i, and every other gamer with basic logic, might eventually get a PS4 it'll be not until Slim version or slim v2.0 becomes released as more than likely it'll be a MUCH better improvement upon the garbage heap we saw at their press conference.

just a side note, i MAY get a PS4 on launch day so i can jack up the price pretty nicely on craigslist/ebay/amazon/etc., the only problem i see of this is that it's not smart to try and see something so expensive b/c demand is not exponentially high (unlike the Wii)

apparently you have nothing to do with your life than to troll the PSN forum (HAHA).

Message 35 of 69 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4138 posts

May 9, 2013

Turtle3000 wrote:

a console emphasised on sharing and garbage marketing aka the share button. ive seen all the articles and it sounds like bloatware built into the systems firmware and HARDWARE WHY??!? how many hardcore gamers want this... not me and i can find atleast a million gamers who agree.. no exagerations. Sony says its what the developers want.. its not, this is what sony wants (free advertising). and that is why im leaning on the xbox 720 over the Sony Orbis(ps4) this round. plus the rumer of

a universal windows8 the 720 supposedly runs on doesnt help the ps4's bid for my money.

On a side note you would think sony would figure out how to make a decent web browser for the vita after the psp garbage browser but no editing any amount of text is a chore. oh well.. this post took over 10 minutes to edit no joke Sent from my psvita

a console emphasised on sharing and garbage marketing aka the share button.

Have you ever seen youtube. As it is right now, it is a pain in the **bleep** to record your actual game play and to download it to youtube, so you can share it with friends. You need to buy a few accessories to get it to work right. So adding this feature seems like a smart move. Plus your friends could be having a problem stuck in a level, and you can share how you beat it by letting them see how you played.

how many hardcore gamers want this

Don't know how you came to this conclusion. Many gamers that love games love to show off their gameplay, because you don't doesn't mean you have to discredit the rest of the gaming community. Plus come back after you found your million of users that feel that way. Don't just spit a high number if you can't back up your claim.

Funny that you come to a Sony website that is surrounded by Sony customers and you start your rant on how you are not going to get a PS4. Sounds like a troll to me.

this post took over 10 minutes to edit no joke Sent from my psvita

Sounds like you just have a horrible time writing anyway. I see so many grammar errors that you really can't blame the Vita for your typing ability.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 36 of 69 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3421 posts

May 10, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

hjason1 wrote:

Well guess what it will be on win 8, and the ps4 will be win 7..

They will be on some form of windows as of yet it is unknown.

But games are going to be built on a windows platform, also games will be built on each console for each console...

So yeah the next gen it pretty much relaxed on security...

Having PC architecture does not necessarily mean it runs on Windows.

Apple makes computers that run on PC architecture (Intel i-core processors), but they have nothing to do with Windows.  They run on a Macintosh Operating System, which is more-or-less based on Unix.  Many PC users use some flavor of Linux, which is also a Unix-based OS.

The PS4, like the PS3, will run on a proprietary Sony Playstation operating system, which will probably also be Unix based.

They have said it will have a variation of windows 7 while the 720 will have a variation of windows 8...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 37 of 69 (135 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8478 posts

May 10, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

They have said it will have a variation of windows 7 while the 720 will have a variation of windows 8...

WHO said the PS4 will run on a varient of Windows 7?  You realize Windows is made by Micro$oft, right?   Not a chance M$ lets Sony use a version of Windows on the PS4.  Sony wouldn't use it even if it was offered for free.  Too easy to hack a machine based on Windows.

Most likely, the PS4 will stick with the proprietary version of Unix they've been using since the PS1 (well, not the SAME version of Unix, but a version optimized for the PS4's hardware).  It has worked well so far, why change?

Message 38 of 69 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Re: Ps4 why I am not buying... dear sony

May 10, 2013

Why did Sony make the share functionality a dedicated button and not a menu option? It is something that I dont want my little kids playing on and uploading stuff. OK tho, ill wait to hear more about how this feature will work.

Message 39 of 69 (127 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25163 posts

Re: Ps4 why I am not buying... dear sony

May 10, 2013

sparepart wrote:

Why did Sony make the share functionality a dedicated button and not a menu option? It is something that I dont want my little kids playing on and uploading stuff. OK tho, ill wait to hear more about how this feature will work.

Because more people than your kids are going to be using it. They have already told you how this feature will work.

I've been saying for a while now that "gamers" always seem to go in the opposite direction of everyone else. Social media has revolutionized communication and the internet, even helping to topple a dictator in Egypt. What do gamers say? "I don't want a social media machine", and "I don't want a Playstation Facebook". Like it or not, social media is going to be an integral party of not only the PS4, but society as a whole from hear on out. Sure, "gamers" can continue to get things backwards, however Sony and other game companies know that they're a relatively smaller segment of the total market.

As far as sharing media, it's just like any other aspect of social networking. You can share as much or as little as you want, or even nothing at all. In "gamerdom" there seems to be this thinking that you MUST share 100% of your entire existence with the entire universe. Only a fool puts every single detail about their lives on the web, laid bare for all the world to see, but there isn't a happy medium among the gamer cognoscenti. It's always all or nothing, and it's a sentiment that the rest of the world doesn't seem to share.

Message 40 of 69 (121 Views)