Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4123 posts

Re: Ps4 why I am not buying... dear sony

May 10, 2013

The OP speaks on behalf of 1 million "hardcore gamers" not wanting the "Share" feature.

Yet, a lot of "hardcore" gamers, I know, LOVE the idea. (if your definition of a "hardcore" gamer is competitive gamer who only plays games like CoD and Madden.) They like the option of streaming their matches without having to rely on their capture cards.

Other gamers probably don't have much of an opinion about it yet.

I don't have a capture card, so I like the idea of the "Share" feature. Who knows how often I'll use it, or what all we will be able to do with it. But, I like that it's there.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 69 (257 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24477 posts

May 10, 2013

One of the things it's going to be useful for is to let people preview a game, or to make a walkthrough. I can see someone saying "hey man, you got that new game right?". "Yeah, check it out, here's level one". Maybe it will have a list of some of your favorite movies, some television programs, etc. You're not going to be seeing what someone ate for dinner on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 69 (254 Views)
VP of Gaming
29356 posts

May 10, 2013

I didnt like the idea of the share button and the whole social media thing from the start... hopefully they will not implement it too much so wont have to use it. just like sixaxis on the ps3 controller i was worried many games would force us to use it but all the ones i liked didt force to usethat some used it

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 69 (238 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4123 posts

May 10, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

I didnt like the idea of the share button and the whole social media thing from the start... hopefully they will not implement it too much so wont have to use it. just like sixaxis on the ps3 controller i was worried many games would force us to use it but all the ones i liked didt force to usethat some used it

Why would they force you to stream your gaming to uStream?

That is what the "Share" button is primarily trying to be. A feature that allows you to push "Share" and suddenly begin sharing/streaming what you're playing.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 69 (234 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29356 posts

May 10, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

That is what the "Share" button is primarily trying to be. A feature that allows you to push "Share" and suddenly begin sharing/streaming what you're playing.

that is insane what if i press the button while playing by mistake or something

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 69 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24477 posts

May 10, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

that is insane what if i press the button while playing by mistake or something

You honestly think there wouldn't be a "cancel" option BEFORE you share something?

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 69 (228 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15254 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Just because I don't like the PS4 b/c of it crap gimmicks doesn't mean that you and the very few gamers who like these settings are tremendous in numbers and constitute a worthwhile PS4 design.

Its also an opinion. One that can be divided between those who agree with you, and those who disagree and those who reserve any judgement at all until more information is present. You're quick to jump on the hating of any sort of gimmick. Like those who don't like 3D.... I like 3D, I also like the games that support 3D. You may not like it, but I don't care about your opinion as it does not affect me whatsoever.
You have absolutely NO numbers to prove as to how many people like and dislike. You're only throwing a "guess" based on YOUR OWN OPINION/Interpretation and trying to use it as fact to push your ideals onto other people. Just like religious fanatics and extremists.

Can you please tell me what ratio you forsee of gamers who constantly SHARE to gamers who rarely/never SHARE? more than likely this ratio will be less than 10%. when this is first released we may see 50% of people posting short clips, but that is fully on the short term. long term will be 10% or less.

Again see above. You can only guess based on your own opinion and nothing else.

i appreciate you covering your bases with claiming ".... he'll get a PS4 ANYWAY.... eventually."  IF i, and every other gamer with basic logic, might eventually get a PS4 it'll be not until Slim version or slim v2.0 becomes released as more than likely it'll be a MUCH better improvement upon the garbage heap we saw at their press conference.

I didn't cover any bases.... its called having some foresight into the typical though process of the average consumer, namely the average gamer who plays the "outraged gamer" card whenever there is a gimmick they don't care for, and yet ultimately, uses said gimmick. You want to know what that defines such people as? Hypocrites. And just as you said, you've proven my point by sayung "might eventually get one, but not until a hardware revision takes place". In this day and age, where everyone is spoon-fed BS, they say one thing, then do the opposite because they can't bear the thought of keeping themselves to their own words.

And your quip about "garbage heap".... also an opinion. We only saw limited tech demos that were running off PC's running specs similar to the final specs of the PS4.... EVERY DEVELOPER when a new gaming console has come out has always done this. This isn't anything new.
Take the Battlefield 4 17minute trailer.... they used a PC, running an overclocked and watercooled i7 CPU, running 2-way Crossfire Radeon 7990's. Just in the GPU's and CPU alone, thats about $3000 worth of hardware, not including the watercooling, motherboard and the case and other doo-dads. Of course, it wasn't an tech demo for the PS4, just a trailer for the game itself. It will be coming to PS4 and Nextbox, and the graphical quality may not be on par with even a $1500 PC, but the overall look of the game is still going to present. The only major differences between PC and consoles running the same games is that there are going to be some compromises on the console, like Anti-Aliasing, MSAA, Anisotropic Filtering, and even resolution. A console has limitations, but this coming generation of games, the lines between PC and consoles will start to get blurred that much closer together.
Heres the picture the developer released.... If you want to question the validity of the photo, go ahead. Theres enough information floating around for you to look for it to let you know that its legitimate.
bf4pc
source link, with original source posted in article
http://bf4central.com/2013/04/monster-pc-battlefield-4-demo/

just a side note, i MAY get a PS4 on launch day so i can jack up the price pretty nicely on craigslist/ebay/amazon/etc., the only problem i see of this is that it's not smart to try and see something so expensive b/c demand is not exponentially high (unlike the Wii)

Excellent. You're doing the same thing I'll be doing. Except, I've already have a few people in place to buy me a few PS4's so i can profit from it as well. Only I won't be doubling the price. I'll be letting auctioneers do that, just as long as the reserve is met (which will be at least $100 over MSRP, to guarantee profits).  I did it last time with the PS3 as well as the PS2.... the PS3 was very profitable for me.... invested $5k buying PS3's on launch day, as there was no "limit 1 per customer" rule at my local electronics store. Sold them on ebay, got my investment back, plus another few thousand in profit. But that was because I was lucky enough that there was a supply shortage due to very high demand.

apparently you have nothing to do with your life than to troll the PSN forum (HAHA).
Look whos talking.... you're the one who decided to rant on a forum about something you dont like (which you have every right to), and continue to push the issue by continuing to comment in the thread against others who have an opposite opinion. Meanwhile continuing to pass off your opinion as fact, against others in this thread who have the same opinions as I do. Actually, maybe only 3 other people agree with you vs how many who agree with me?
This isn't about whos right or wrong or whos winning or losing.... This about your lack of any sort of imagination by being narrow minded.

You still fail to realize main point in all this

Some people like it, some people don't. You don't have to use this gimmick if you don't want to, but its going to be there regardless if you like it or not. 
You're crying over something that is inevitable.

You're being hypocritical, spiteful, and passing of an opinion as fact.

But thanks for proving my point.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 69 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Wow.

Just wow.

The lack of intelligence and rational, logical thought being displayed in this thread is truly staggering.

People getting upset about a little known, optional feature, being included on a system, that doesn't impact their daily gaming lives unless they want it to.

What a waste of cerebral energy, and from people whom, by the looks of it, can ill afford to spare any such energy from their already over burdened mental power plants.

Let us shine the light of fact upon the quagmire of speculation for which this thread is replete.

Fact - Little is actually known about the sharing feature of the PS4, aside from what was said at the PS4 announcement press conference, which was little.

Fact - What was said is as follows.

The feature is optional.

The feature is using dedicated chipsets that do not impact the gaming experience.

Fact - Sony has a multi million dollar marketing department.

So to all those who "know for a fact" that Gamers do not want this feature.  I ask you these questions.

Have you done any market research to back up your claim?  Have you spent millions of dollars on market surveys, and focus tested thousands of gamers from cross sections spanning numerous geographical regions to come up with your supposition?

I'm guessing you have not.

Fact - Sony has.

You nay sayers are just a bunch of arm chair marketing execs, who think they know the industry just because they own a console and have platinumed a game or two.

News flash for you.  You know nothing about the industry.  As many of the truly ignorant comments in this thread demonstrate.

And here's an even more shocking news flash for some of you.  You are not the industry.  Nor are the 5 or 6 friends you have that share your opinion.  You are just a single person.  The industry is bigger than you.

When it comes to the industry, you are a grain of sand on a beach.  We all are.  And although the sand is important to help make the beach, a single grain of sand is imperceptible compared to the vastness of the beach in total.

Do you think a single grain of sand would know what is happening to another grain of sand on the other end of the beach?  No.  Only Market Researchers are in a position to see the whole beach.

And do you think that if a single grain of sand, or their equally small opinion, were to leave the beach that anyone would even notice?

Keep that in mind people before you spout off with megalomaniacle pompousness about how your viewpoint on gaming must be the default position of the entire industry, just because you are too ignorant to know just how ineffectual you are in your ability to grasp the whole picture.

I swear, this is what social media has done to the population.  Just because people now perceive themselves as having an audience, everyone now thinks that they are the centre of the universe.  So naturally what ever they think must be the way it is.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 69 (208 Views)
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Re: Ps4 why I am not buying... dear Sony

May 10, 2013

I don't have a problem with the added feature of sharing and the social media connectivity. But I still do not see why it was made to have a dedicated button on the controller. Sure the fanboys will say "but soo many gamers wanted it." I do not recall ever reading a forum or media story about gamers wanting a button who's sole purpose was to share what was being done on any system. Did they want it so bad that a few extra button presses in a menu could not possably be an option? Sure I will wait and see how this is all supposed to work for the consumers. But in the end I will vote for the console I like best with my wallet, or maybe just skip this new gen of consoles and only support gaming on my PC.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 69 (183 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24477 posts

Re: Ps4 why I am not buying... dear Sony

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

sparepart wrote:

I don't have a problem with the added feature of sharing and the social media connectivity. But I still do not see why it was made to have a dedicated button on the controller. Sure the fanboys will say "but soo many gamers wanted it." I do not recall ever reading a forum or media story about gamers wanting a button who's sole purpose was to share what was being done on any system. Did they want it so bad that a few extra button presses in a menu could not possably be an option? Sure I will wait and see how this is all supposed to work for the consumers. But in the end I will vote for the console I like best with my wallet, or maybe just skip this new gen of consoles and only support gaming on my PC.

Why have a dedicated button? Well, why the hell not? Are you saying that you'd want a more convoluted method to acheive this end? I know the "gamer" method of doing something is to make it complicated to the point where you're tearning your hair out in frustration, however having a simple way to access the share features makes more sense than having to go through three, four, maybe even five steps just to get to that function.

And I don't think anyone is saying "gamers want it". If anything "gamers' aren't the ones driving the industry anymore, because all I've seen is complaining and anachronistic ideas from them. Video games are no longer solely the doman of "gamers". By confining consoles to strictly what they want would mean the next batch of consoles would have track balls, controllers the size of a canned ham, disc changers, cartridges, would be sold to people who primarily lived on farms in the rurual midwest where there was no online service what so ever, include the chipsets from every past console ever, would be the size of a refridgerator, and would be priced at about $1,800.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 69 (181 Views)
0 Likes