First Son
21 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

May 13, 2013
who really cares why you wont buy a ps4.
Message 61 of 69 (257 Views)
First Son
8 posts

May 14, 2013

The thing about windows 8 is this, it's not BUILT FOR COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS. It's built for tablets and such, not pc's, unfortunantly everyone wants the "newest" OS on the market. Besides, every other microsoft OS is **bleep**, 95, **bleep**, 98 great, 200, **bleep**, XP, great, VISTA, extreme crap, 7, frikkin amazing!, 8, crap, 9?,?

Message 62 of 69 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5919 posts

May 14, 2013

Hi all,

Some off-topic comments have been removed from the thread.  Please keep on-topic and respectful.

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 63 of 69 (193 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

May 14, 2013
The trivial things people get on these forums and rant about ....
Message 64 of 69 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

May 15, 2013

Turtle3000 wrote:

a console emphasised on sharing and garbage marketing aka the share button. ive seen all the articles and it sounds like bloatware built into the systems firmware and HARDWARE WHY??!? how many hardcore gamers want this... not me and i can find atleast a million gamers who agree.. no exagerations. Sony says its what the developers want.. its not, this is what sony wants (free advertising). and that is why im leaning on the xbox 720 over the Sony Orbis(ps4) this round. plus the rumer of

a universal windows8 the 720 supposedly runs on doesnt help the ps4's bid for my money.

On a side note you would think sony would figure out how to make a decent web browser for the vita after the psp garbage browser but no editing any amount of text is a chore. oh well.. this post took over 10 minutes to edit no joke Sent from my psvita

This is not only Sony, but other consoles as well. It's just in-box advertising. It's not like it takes up the entire screen. Just ignore it. One thing they would never do is to have the advertisements in the gameplay itself (unless it's a free game you paid nothing for)

Message 65 of 69 (161 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

May 15, 2013

i haven't been on the forum for a while but the ps4 and most DS4 present by sony sparked some interest with me. i sertainly like some of the features (DS4) and the publicitise hardward (PS4). after playing darksiders and pushing the ps3 gpu i really think ps needed an upgrade. yes there is lots that we don't know about the ps4 but hardware-wise gameplay and graphics such be amazing. i was surprise that although the ps4 will retain a blu ray drive there will be no b/c with ps3 disc games (hold on to my ps3). i know other issues involve in b/c ( cost being a pertinent one) but i didn't expect that it would be the way forward. however, no b/c is keeping with the trend set when later models of the ps3 were released.  although many of us bought the same games 'remastered in hd'.

i watched many tv shows and recognised that products were conveniently highlighted as advertising. this creeping in the ps4 should be no issue. we ignore them in the shows we will ignore them on the ps4. howmany of us really notice the advertising on the xmb of the ps3. we are so accustomed to it that we by pass it and go directly to the game, chat, movie etc that we are using the ps3 for.

i think that the ps4 is going to be a great system but we will have to wait and assess for ourselves. my only wish is that it gives me 3-5 yrs before any issues. unfortunately, my first ps3 didn't last that long and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. however, my experience with the two systems preceding the  ps3 were great.

the ps4 and ds4 have cool features and solid hardware specs. nothing is perfect and will be liked by everyone.

Message 66 of 69 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear Sonya

May 15, 2013
I love the idea of the share button. I have always wanted a cap card so when I buy the ps4 ill have one! I'm not always gonna use it but when I want to the option will be there
 photo image_zps37afac29.jpg
Message 67 of 69 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15951 posts

May 15, 2013

Turtle3000 wrote:

a console emphasised on sharing and garbage marketing aka the share button. ive seen all the articles and it sounds like bloatware built into the systems firmware and HARDWARE WHY??!? how many hardcore gamers want this... not me and i can find atleast a million gamers who agree.. no exagerations. Sony says its what the developers want.. its not, this is what sony wants (free advertising). and that is why im leaning on the xbox 720 over the Sony Orbis(ps4) this round. plus the rumer of

a universal windows8 the 720 supposedly runs on doesnt help the ps4's bid for my money.

On a side note you would think sony would figure out how to make a decent web browser for the vita after the psp garbage browser but no editing any amount of text is a chore. oh well.. this post took over 10 minutes to edit no joke Sent from my psvita

Why don't you do yourself a favor, before writing an angry rant sbout a system that's not even out yet, just wait until E3 when Sony gives us more info on the PS4. That way if your still mad, you can rant about a system that you'll have more info on.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 68 of 69 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3410 posts

May 15, 2013

THe main reason I won't buy this is because well, it seems to focused on the social aspect and even though the games I'm really looking forward too, I don't know if its worth it. THe new XMB definetly looks more facebook/dashboard like which i don't like, I prefer the XMB but if they added a classic verison of it I would be fine with it, but in my opinion, unless I really want to play an awesome game that comes out, I'll get it.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 69 of 69 (134 Views)
0 Likes