Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

May 8, 2013
Steve, I'm not going in this round old boy, unless we can play our ps3 games on thus PSnore?
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 11 of 69 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 8, 2013

Can I just point out how little we actually know about the system itself? This is pre-E3. Maybe the reason there are so many articles about the share feature is because there is almost nothing else to talk about if you aren't hardware saavy. Even if you were tech saavy, theres only so much you can talk about when it comes to a specs list. I'm just saying....

Just due to the monster known as hackers, I'm going to put that windows 8 rumor in the "believe it when I see it" category. That just seems like an invite to trouble if you aren't always online verifying the system hasn't been modified. 

Message 12 of 69 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013
What's the share button do? On ps4.
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 13 of 69 (265 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8542 posts

May 8, 2013

TheDster wrote:

Apparently it's a button on the DS4 that when you press it, a Social Media menu pops up that allows you to record and share your gameplay via facebook, youtube, twitter, etc among other social features.  The most intriguing of which that I can see is streaming your gameplay live, in real time, on ustream.tv.

Message 14 of 69 (251 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Sounds like there's a bigger issue here than just the share feature. Seriously if that is your primary reason for not buying it then I'm at a loss to respond.

The share feature is not something you have to use. It is not something that you will be bombarded with as soon as you start up the console. It is a completely optional aspect. Much like the PS 3's browser. It's there. I never use it.

However the share feature is something that a lot of gamers want (from what I've read) and it's something that could prove to be quite useful in gaming. There are those who make video walk throughs like how to find all the treasures in Uncharted, or the vault symbols in Borderlands 2. This would be a huge boon for those types of gamers. Also there are many gamers who like to stream their matches for their friends. This helps them as well.

Ever been on the fence about a game but there's no demo? Or you are having trouble finding a video that details what you're looking at? Well if one of your friends has the game, they can invite you to watch them play and it'll be a good way to see more of the game.

If the next XBox does use Windows 8 then I will certainly not buy the system. That OS would make it too easy for hackers to exploit. I'm not fond of Windows to start with, but it is the most common OS, so I have to deal with it.

I plan to buy the next Playstation system because it has the franchises I want to play. Microsoft doesn't have a single exclusive that I am interested in.

Message 15 of 69 (248 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

May 8, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

TheDster wrote:

Apparently it's a button on the DS4 that when you press it, a Social Media menu pops up that allows you to record and share your gameplay via facebook, youtube, twitter, etc among other social features.  The most intriguing of which that I can see is streaming your gameplay live, in real time, on ustream.tv.

Which apparently people hate.:robotindifferent:

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 16 of 69 (247 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

May 8, 2013

First off, Don't base your purchase decesion off of Rumors because they are not official. Wait for official Details first.  And secondly, you really think the next Xbox is NOT going to have the same or similar features as the next Playstation??

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 17 of 69 (244 Views)
MVP Support
8542 posts

May 8, 2013

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:
Which apparently people hate.:robotindifferent:

Not many, considering the number of 'How do I record gameplay?' posts that pop up regularly around these parts.

When the PS4 releases, the answer to that question will be 'Press the Share button'.  :smileylol:

Message 18 of 69 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 8, 2013

Turtle3000 wrote:

a console emphasised on sharing and garbage marketing aka the share button. ive seen all the articles and it sounds like bloatware built into the systems firmware and HARDWARE WHY??!? how many hardcore gamers want this... not me and i can find atleast a million gamers who agree.. no exagerations. Sony says its what the developers want.. its not, this is what sony wants (free advertising). and that is why im leaning on the xbox 720 over the Sony Orbis(ps4) this round. plus the rumer of

a universal windows8 the 720 supposedly runs on doesnt help the ps4's bid for my money.

On a side note you would think sony would figure out how to make a decent web browser for the vita after the psp garbage browser but no editing any amount of text is a chore. oh well.. this post took over 10 minutes to edit no joke Sent from my psvita

Here's an idea....don't use the share button?

it's an option not a requirement.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 19 of 69 (226 Views)
Fender Bender
3421 posts

May 8, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

knightnorth wrote:
If I did Windows 8 would make Microsoft's XBox a big loser in my view.

If the NextBox does, in fact, run on Windows 8, it will be hacker paradise.  Good luck with that.

Well guess what it will be on win 8, and the ps4 will be win 7..

They will be on some form of windows as of yet it is unknown.

But games are going to be built on a windows platform, also games will be built on each console for each console...

So yeah the next gen it pretty much relaxed on security...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 20 of 69 (222 Views)
0 Likes