Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Re: Ps4 why i am not buying... dear sony

May 8, 2013
First off, OP, as was mentioned by a large quantity of posters in this thread, the sharing feature is an OPTION. You are not required to use it.

Secondly, the sharing of videos is NOT going to be impacting the CPU or the system. Sony, at their press conference, stated that there is a dedicated chip on the motherboard that will handle all of the compression/decompression of the video files and the uploading. It is impossible for it to impact your gameplay. Learning about how this feature will work goes a long way in explaining the things you apparently aren't fully knowledgeable about.

Thirdly, you do NOT know "at least a million gamers who agree.. no exagerations." That is 100% an exaggeration. You simply do not have any evidence to back this up.

Fourthly, if you are the super premium hardcore gamer who does have at least a million friends, what % of the total consumer base of the system does that entail? With the PS3 having sold about 70,000,000 units, your 1,000,000 friends make up about 1.4% of all the consoles sold. Translated - that means "you and your friends" make up nothing of the current PS3 consumer base. Face the facts: The "hardcore" gamer makes up the lowest percentage of the gaming crowd out there. ALL console manufacturers make the bulk of their money from the casual gamer crowd who plays every now and then, and the moderate gaming crowd who will purchase services and three or four games a year.

The fact is, your post here is simply akin to an adult walking into a Chucky Cheese and crying because the place is designed to appeal to children.
Message 21 of 69 (239 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 8, 2013

all i wanted is for people to respond to the thread to get an idea of what people think. it worked anyway the share button going to be to the right of the triangle button, its going to accidently get hit and take you out of your game. imagine playing cod and you go to switch to.your pistol and you hit the share button instead. Im going to buy the ps4 but im going to remove the share button from the ds4. and i did not buy the vita for its browser just complaining that they could have made the browser better. the browser isnt terrible its actully pretty good exept when your trying to edit text. why get so critical about what i posted originally its called the internet its full of misinformation and yes a million people might eventually understand to why the marketing button has no point. this thread like most of the threads here on the sony forums are fullof idiots you guys actually call yourselfs gamers. am i a troll absolutely but anyone who takes me seriously should be thrown in a cage qnd forced to watch recorded justin beiber concerts.

Message 22 of 69 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Ps4 why I am not buying... dear Sony

May 8, 2013

I wouldn't buy the ps4 either, but not for any of the points made by the op. I'm holding off to see what the steam box has to offer. The steam network is ran much better than the psn, it still has problems but over all it's better. Plus the steam box will run a Linux based OS and I think the ps4 will do the same. xbox can go and jump I h8 them so much. The only reason ps4 wont play the ps3 games is the cell processor. But dumping that is a master stroke by Sony, they'll be able to do crossplatform gaming then, but if it comes down to a choice of a Linux steam box with all the ps games or a ps4 with all the PC games, I'd pick the... Steam box. But I would want the ps4 coz I think it'd be better made. But steam would be better ran. Also if you can't use a keyboard and mouse on the ps4 ingame, I'd stick to the steam box.

Message 23 of 69 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25201 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Well I think your reasons are misguided, and I also think that it doesn't make a difference what "hardcore gamers" want, because CONSUMERS out number them along with beer drinking, sports watching males age 18-39. I also think that you need to take a few English classes in order to get your points across more clearly and succinctly, and the justification of "tis izn scholl" is not a valid reason for butchering the English language.

Message 24 of 69 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

May 8, 2013
i agree, UTTER GARBAGE. This share gimmick is suck a useless junk tool, PS4: NO THANK YOU
Message 25 of 69 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8526 posts

May 8, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:
i agree, UTTER GARBAGE. This share gimmick is suck a useless junk tool, PS4: NO THANK YOU

You are just stuck on the Social Media aspect of the word SHARE, which has become way, way too ubiquitous.  Share this, share that, share this post in 3 seconds and great fortunes will befall you.

It is much more than a gimmick on the PS4.  As I stated earlier in this thread, behind that SHARE button will be a whole slew of features, that many gamers will find extremely useful, even if they don't have a Facebook or Twitter account.

In the past few months, there have been no less than 100 topics started wondering what is the easiest or cheapest way to record gameplay to post to youtube or facebook.  With the PS4, that will be as simple as pausing your game, hitting the SHARE button and selecting the RECORD GAMEPLAY feature, and once done recording AND EDITING your gameplay video (you know, to remove those 15 deaths you suffered during the recording so you can make it look like you got through that extra difficult moment on the first try), a simple matter of uploading to youtube directly from the PS4's GUI.  All without quitting your game.

Not only can you share your gameplay videos, but you can invite your friends to watch you play through that extra difficult moment, and if it turns out that extra difficult moment is too much for you, one of your friends can actually take control of your character and help you through it.  Sony hasn't said whether or not your friends would need a copy of the game to take control, but I would assume that they do.

You can live-stream your gameplay to your ustream.tv channel, as well.

Message 26 of 69 (200 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 8, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

I'm tempted to follow this guy a year from now and see if he posts anything related to owning a PS4 cause i'm 99% sure he'll still buy one.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 27 of 69 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25201 posts

May 8, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

You are just stuck on the Social Media aspect of the word SHARE, which has become way, way too ubiquitous.  Share this, share that, share this post in 3 seconds and great fortunes will befall you.

It is much more than a gimmick on the PS4.  As I stated earlier in this thread, behind that SHARE button will be a whole slew of features, that many gamers will find extremely useful, even if they don't have a Facebook or Twitter account.

In the past few months, there have been no less than 100 topics started wondering what is the easiest or cheapest way to record gameplay to post to youtube or facebook.  With the PS4, that will be as simple as pausing your game, hitting the SHARE button and selecting the RECORD GAMEPLAY feature, and once done recording AND EDITING your gameplay video (you know, to remove those 15 deaths you suffered during the recording so you can make it look like you got through that extra difficult moment on the first try), a simple matter of uploading to youtube directly from the PS4's GUI.  All without quitting your game.

Not only can you share your gameplay videos, but you can invite your friends to watch you play through that extra difficult moment, and if it turns out that extra difficult moment is too much for you, one of your friends can actually take control of your character and help you through it.  Sony hasn't said whether or not your friends would need a copy of the game to take control, but I would assume that they do.

You would think they would find this useful, but as usual some get it backwards and think you have to share EVERYTHING. The gamer cognoscenti have merged the word "Share" with "Facebook", and to them Facebook is the uncoolest thing in the world.
Even after having these features explained in the presentation, they STILL insist it's Facebook, and have created something that doesn't exist yet once again by repetition, and then having it BECOME "fact". 

We still don't know how all of these features are going to work yet, or how well they'll work. I'm also certain that down the road things will come along that we hadn't thought of yet. It's far to early to dismiss the PS4 as a purely "social media" machine. But that's the illusory of truth that's been created, and it will eventually come undone when we see more of what the machine is capable of.

Message 28 of 69 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

May 9, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

HAHAHAHA Holy cow you must be high.

The whole premise of the share function is UTTER GARBAGE. Why would any gamer, other than some kid younger than 10YO, and not know any better, post gameplay vids of how they play, what they play, their opinions, spoilers of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING of the game, yadda yadda yadda.

Sony claims the Share function can be turned off to prevent gameplay disruptions.....then why the EFF would they even include this default piece of trash gimmick in the first place?

maybe you might use the share fuction, but please tell me: how often do you plan to use this? how long do you plan to use this when everything can be found from numerous OTHER gamers on youtube? why would you, and every other gamer post their gameplay vids for their friends to see, and be spoiled of story, gameplay, etc.? do you actually forsee gamers to use this function? do YOU forsee yourself using this on a regualr basis, to constitute this was a good idea well worth the efforts and $$$ of R&D?

Message 29 of 69 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

May 9, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

HAHAHAHA Holy cow you must be high.

The whole premise of the share function is UTTER GARBAGE. Why would any gamer, other than some kid younger than 10YO, and not know any better, post gameplay vids of how they play, what they play, their opinions, spoilers of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING of the game, yadda yadda yadda.
Because not everyone who IS looking forward to this, is 10 years old..... 

Sony claims the Share function can be turned off to prevent gameplay disruptions.....then why the EFF would they even include this default piece of trash gimmick in the first place?

Becase there will OTHER PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE IT.... apparently you lack the cognitive ability to possess common sense

maybe you might use the share fuction, but please tell me: how often do you plan to use this? how long do you plan to use this when everything can be found from numerous OTHER gamers on youtube? why would you, and every other gamer post their gameplay vids for their friends to see, and be spoiled of story, gameplay, etc.? do you actually forsee gamers to use this function? do YOU forsee yourself using this on a regualr basis, to constitute this was a good idea well worth the efforts and $$$ of R&D?

Because there are going to be people who WANT this..... 

Honestly.... in this one post, you've asked the same question 3 times with the same idiocy as someone who is ignorant in the feature. There is VERY LITTLE information about ALL of the features of the share button entail. 
We only got a glimpse during the ANNOUNCEMENT.... which is exactly what it was.... very little information was expanded upon or explained.

It doesn't matter if there are people already uploading gameplay commentaries, walkthroughs, how-to's etc etc..... there are always going to be more people who want to do the same thing. 

Did you know that for almost 3 years, PS3's have had facebook integration? Do you use it? Obviously not. 
But that doesnt mean OTHER PEOPLE don't use it. 

But because you still don't seen to understand.....

I'll say again, in caps-lock.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, DOESN'T MEAN THAT OTHERS AREN'T GOING TO LIKE IT EITHER. THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. 

YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE ANY SHARING FEATURE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH THAT THING MADE OF CORK YOU CALL A HEAD?

You don't have to buy the PS4, thats just fine. Its your opinion and perogative. But YOU ARE going to get a PS4 eventually. You might also get the Nextbox as well.

NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU DO. Especially when you're as negative as you are. We don't care if you're not getting a PS4. You might as well have posted in a thread that already existed about the share function because this thread is going to get buried like any other un-interesting thread, and whats going to happen then? Your opinion is going to matter even less than now.

The only that any one with any semblance of logic and common sense is reading from you is: "Boo-hoo, I have the option to share the things I do on a PS4 and I don't like that even if I don't have to use it. Boo-hoo"

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 30 of 69 (183 Views)