MVP Support
41836 posts

Re: Pure Pool server problems?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

I've been 'interacting' with VooFoo on their Facebook page, it's getting late now but I will be adding my own words of frustration again tomorrow, but safe to say this is getting utterly ridiculous now.

As @swd420 said HK was pretty **bleep** brilliant compared to this, so I too fail to see how they can have failed so miserably with this game, it looks great, 1080p, 60fps etc, but it plays like **bleep**, I was so looking forward to it & am currently bitterly disappointed with it.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 31 of 51 (613 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

On a funny note, I keep getting friend requests and thanks for a good game by poor souls who didn't realize that they are not even playing me...just my DNA A.I. As mentioned before, I did the same thing and it took me a while before I realized what was happening.

Why Voo-Foo won't put a 'Pardon Our Dust' disclaimer when you enter the game and warn everyone that they are experiencing issues is another unprofessional blunder.

I just recently checked out VooFoo's site and they are not addressing the issue at all....they referred to an unspecific 'bug' (understatement), but they seem to be side-stepping the issue. Instead, they are touting some 9.5/10 rating they got from an online review. Meanwhile, they failed to mention the mixed bag rating they are getting on metacritic. I wrote the first user-review....under my xboxone tag 'pithing_needle'.  I gave the game a '6'...and I thought I was being generous.

And if anyone is wondering about the bug up my butt about Pure Pool, please don't mistake it for needless Voo-Foo bashing. I love pool. Real Pool, Digital Pool. I play it. I don't work for another developer and I don't even normally write reviews. This is the one and only time I've been this harsh on a title. It comes from disappointment and not trollolol hatred. I just want the damned game fixed so I can have fun with all you guys and gals....and not your damned DNA....your live, breathing souls.

Message 32 of 51 (607 Views)
Gaming Beast
1957 posts

Aug 2, 2014

faulkner8991 wrote:
Shady? Smiley Tongue seriously man. Just use twitter or email, I doubt they use playstation forums on a multiplatform pool game

I said their own site. I'd never expect a company to wade through the drivel on here, although it shouldn't be too hard for someone to scan for their products and engage their customers on product launch. We're not exactly talking about Elder Scrolls 6 in volume.

Ripstone are < 3 hours from me, VooFoo about 90 minutes.

TLoU PS4 has arrived, pool is not getting a looking for a long time. Good luck to you others!

Message 33 of 51 (577 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Aug 2, 2014

Ok....super-**bleep** now. At first that little bug that matches people up with your DNA A.I. was cute. Now, I'm getting a ton of messages saying "g.g." or "u need practice" or "u suck". When I try to tell them that I haven't even been online, some, not all, but some are calling me a "sore loser" or a liar. I wrote to Voo Foo directly about this and await a reply. Now their little screw up is costing me my reputation as a good sport. 

Even if I get my butt handed to me 10 times in a row, I always say 'gg' and admit when I'm having a bad night. I'm not that proud that I can't admit that I took a good whoppin'....but only when it actually happened. 

Their little DNA gimmick is costing me respect.

Message 34 of 51 (571 Views)
Gaming Beast
1957 posts

Aug 2, 2014

Oh dear, that's awful.

Message 35 of 51 (568 Views)
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

Yeah, I had to block a couple players tonight because they kept hounding me about it. Don't get me wrong folks...I'm a 43 year old man. I'm not going to cry over it, but I must reiterate that I pride myself on good sportsmanship and I'll be damned if I let VooFoo's complete lack of competence ruin it.

As it stands now, I'm uninstalling this abomination. Good luck to the rest of you, though. Fortunately, pool isn't the only game I play.

Message 36 of 51 (565 Views)
Gaming Beast
1957 posts

Aug 2, 2014

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I keep chuckling at the thought of some demented virtual version of you playing online against real people like a virus, resulting in you getting the backlash from 'tards. Almost a ghost in the shell moment.

Message 37 of 51 (526 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Aug 2, 2014

I love Ghost in the Shell and it is funny. I just hate for people to think I'm a bad sport. It's not like the game gave me cancer or anything......or did it?....hmmm.....I go to doctor now. Smiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 51 (518 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11374 posts

Aug 2, 2014

I tried to give this game a fair chance.  I just can't do it, anymore.  It has been deleted.

Wish I could get my money back, but I'm not going to push it that far.

Other things I keep running into:

- The game sticks at the end match/challenge summary screen.  Where you are supposed to press Square to retry or circle to go back to free play.  The game does neither.  It just sits there.  7 times out of 10, you have to completely restart the game to move on.

- My record keeps resetting itself or showing some random record.  I can't really complain about this, though, because at the time I deleted the game, it was showing me at 39-0 (realistically, I was somewhere around 25-14 when this 'bug' started occuring).  Hopefully someone doesn't download that DNA and think I cheated in some way to get there.

- The AI often lines up and performs shots perfectly that are literally IMPOSSIBLE for a player to line up due to the crappy camera angles and extremely limited viewing angle.

Pure Pool?  More like Pure Garbage.

Message 39 of 51 (458 Views)
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2014

Update: Voo Foo finally deleted my player profile from pure pool. Hoorah. Maybe the messages will stop rolling in.

Message 40 of 51 (333 Views)
0 Likes