Gaming Beast
1957 posts

Re: Pure Pool server problems?

Aug 4, 2014

I think this explains why they kept quiet at launch and didn't give out copies for review. It' appears to have been released to meet a target date, not completion status.

Message 41 of 51 (558 Views)
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2014

Moog

I can't honestly say that the whole A.I. thing is a puposeful rouse to cover up broken match-making. It may be an odd bug. But why Voo Foo just doesn't make the public aware of this is beyond me. People will chuckle and just play offline-modes until the problem is solved. I know I'm not the only player who experienced this, but it seems like I might be the only one who experienced it to the extent that I did. And I have only one guess why: the amount of time I played. I racked up 330+ games of Perfect Potter...perhaps this made my DNA strong and therefore I had a strong sample. I don't know. It's a guess. I have no idea what their DNA algorithm keys in on. 

Bottom line: Broken Game, Broken Developers.

BTW...for those who are interested, check out my metacritic review. I wrote it under my xboxone tag, pithing_needle. If anyone disagrees with me, I'm all ears.

Message 42 of 51 (522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 4, 2014
I agree, this is a shoddy attempt at a pool game even compared to last gen's hustle kings. Up until last night I'd got the number one time in the world for Royal Rumble twice & both times it failed to register my score. My friend I live with has this on his ps4 in the living room right next to mine & although he experiences problems, not half as many as me for some reason?! He just got 34 secs on RR last night, I think this will take some beating :-(
Message 43 of 51 (506 Views)
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2014

It won't register your score because the server-connection problems run deeper than they appear. There are frequent disconnections while you are playing. Sometimes these disconnections go unnoticed in the heat of concentration. The only way to log your score is to be able to connected straight through a complete game. I was in the top 5 in perfect potter. I finally got the run I was looking for to take the #1 spot and the server cut me off...therefore my score didn't register. 

Message 44 of 51 (496 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 5, 2014
The servers suck as playstation title starts always do but for those of you complaining about the view this view is for realism. What other view do you have when playing pool in a night club?! You can't hover over the table and look straight down on it! You have to get low and view the line and walk around the table. The view is perfect!
Message 45 of 51 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2014

@muchtoolate 

No, you can't get nearly eye-level with the table as you could in real life. I was trained to have my chin nearly touching the cue-stick. The only thing I can say is check out the Virtual Pool series. Kudos to you if Pure Pool's angle is satisfactory. For many, it isn't. I don't need an over-head shot. I need to get about 10 degrees lower than pure-pool allows...something that I can easily achieve in real life. Think before you post.

Message 46 of 51 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2775 posts

Aug 5, 2014

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-13-pool-nation-fx-on-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one-this-autumn

I was going to buy this game but after reading all the negative posts about it will pass. Hopefully Pool Nation will do a better job I played a lot of it on 360 and it was a solid game.

Message 47 of 51 (361 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Aug 5, 2014

Pool Nation was alright...a little arcady, but it never tried to come across any but arcady. I have it for Ps3...it worked fine...little to no bugs, but at the time I was jamming on it, virtually no one was playing it online. Couldn't get a match, so I gave up on it. At least it didn't fraudulently match you up with an a.i. without me knowing it.

Message 48 of 51 (353 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39980 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2014

@moog @swd420 - Apparently Hustle Kings of PS3 fame is coming to the PS4!

It was a good game on the PS3, I played it for hours, days on end even lol, this is also by VooFoo Studios & was their first attempt at a pool game, their second was not so much huh!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 49 of 51 (327 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2014

@BRIT-KO

I played the crap out of Hustle Kings and I even recall playing you a couple of times...I remember your damned all-caps tag! lol Hustle Kings was a fine game, with lots of features crammed into it for 10 bucks. Which makes all the blunders of Pure Pool seem so baffling. Like I said, they took the Hustle Kings physics engine, ran it through a new shader, light bloom, and depth of field effect, and took out all the other features of Hustle Kings....including the ability to aim low and eye level on the ball...which some people around here don't seem to get.

Message 50 of 51 (319 Views)