Aug 27 2011
By: ATRamos1652 I Only Post Everything 1268 posts

QR Code Scanner?

4 replies 2362 views Edited Aug 27, 2011

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/4011063078_ebb3af554d_o.jpg

You might have seen these little bad boys around town lately.  I sure have!  Trendy little things...  My old 'smart'phone doesn't have a QR code scanner/reader, and I don't plan on getting a new one anytime soon.  But there are times when I wish I had a QR code scanner (like the Deus Ex: Human Revolution contest held by Square-Enix that that is ending this month, and some code for a free song download on a Taco Bell drink cup), so I was wondering, will PS Vita have one?  With wi-fi, 3G and front & rear cameras, I don't see why it shouldn't.  If it doesn't, then it's no big deal.

I'm interested in knowing what your stance is on the PS Vita having a QR scanner.  Should it have it?  Is it necessary?  Do we really need it?

Message 1 of 5 (2,362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Re: QR Code Scanner?

Aug 27, 2011

It'd be nice to have one if it doesn't boost prices up. That would suck. If prices stay the same, it might come in handy.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 2 of 5 (2,361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Aug 27, 2011

ATRamos1652 wrote:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/4011063078_ebb3af554d_o.jpg

You might have seen these little bad boys around town lately.  I sure have!  Trendy little things...  My old 'smart'phone doesn't have a QR code scanner/reader, and I don't plan on getting a new one anytime soon.  But there are times when I wish I had a QR code scanner (like the Deus Ex: Human Revolution contest held by Square-Enix that that is ending this month, and some code for a free song download on a Taco Bell drink cup), so I was wondering, will PS Vita have one?  With wi-fi, 3G and front & rear cameras, I don't see why it shouldn't.  If it doesn't, then it's no big deal.

I'm interested in knowing what your stance is on the PS Vita having a QR scanner.  Should it have it?  Is it necessary?  Do we really need it?

I am sure some one will release an app for it at some point.

Message 3 of 5 (2,361 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Aug 28, 2011

That's the big question, isn't it? Will the Vita support apps similar to smartphones?

I.E.:

google maps

weather channel

trapster

qr scanner

The graphics, the processing power, the communications capabilities, the gps, compass, camera, it's all there. It's just a matter of will the OS and application environment support it and will Sony permit or pursue it.

Message 4 of 5 (2,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2013

How about using some free version of qr code scanners? For example, if your phone support java program, you can use such a free version of qr code scanner . Nothing should be paid. I used it once. It worked smoothly.

[Please make sure a thread has been active recently before posting. Thank you! Closing thread.]

Message 5 of 5 (1,609 Views)
0 Likes