First Son
21 posts

Re: Quest for the Last Big Secret / Mysteries of SotC

Oct 1, 2011

The first one is just a mirrored texture, they're all over the place.

I don't think I would've noticed the baby or the frog if you hadn't circled them.

As you can see there is also a man wearing a hat, an upside down letter A, and the pokemon Geodude punching a man in the face:

http://i.imgur.com/w9zlk.jpg

The power of suggestion!

Message 5541 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 1, 2011

I see how that's a mirrored texture. Fair enough. Carry on folks.

Message 5542 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 1, 2011

I've been playing the New Ico/SotC HD collection non stop and i must say i friggin love it!. I played both of these games way back in the day and, I'm just now hearing of this Big Secret thing, Has Ueda said anything about it? I want to find this secret!!!

Message 5543 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Oct 2, 2011

Well, I haven't got the new PS3 Shadow of the Colossus yet, but being one of the original "Secret Seekers" for the short time I was one, I feel the need to post here like Nomad said for old times' sake.  I will be picking up the Shadow of the Colossus/Ico collection soon and post my opinion of it.

Message 5544 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 2, 2011

What if the SG was in fact the great secret he was talking about... he said dedicated players would find it, does that mean multiple playthroughs with huge stamina? I used to do the diagonal jump up the side of the SoW, but they seemed to have patched that in this re-release.. Just beat the game. Man it was great to relive to glory days. Everything is even more beautiful than before.

Message 5545 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Oct 3, 2011

Yes, there was no secret in the game apart from the secret garden, Udea never said anything about there being a secret, that was a rumour started by misinformed fans.

Well, I just launched up to the ledge next to 15's temple, the one that snakes around the cliffs and ends at the front part of the castle, but again they have put an invisible wall there. It also seemed a lot harder to get up there this time... I made it twice out of perhaps 100 tries (I kid you not). You can run along the edge of the cliffs but after just a few steps you slide off, just like the E5 forest embankments. They must have watched all the 'legitimate area' videos and fixed them so nobody could Agro launch to these places.

Still haven't made it up on top of the cliffs in E5 either. Normally when you hit the wall there you seemed to just float up an onto the cliffs, but now you just bounce off. It still may be possible, but they probably fixed this area as well. So I'm going to try all the legitimate areas and see if they are all off limits. Perhaps when I get the explosive arrows I'll be able to blast my way through.

It will be interesting to see if they have made any changes in the secret garden. Maybe they have added the extra block in this version as it's definitely different to the PS2 PAL version. I wonder if Turbo hawking will still work?

Message 5546 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 14, 2011

RARRGH! IMMA ZOMBIE!

*Noms on Nate's head*

But seriously. I'm fine. Thankfully, I wasn't in Japan when mother nature decided to shoryuken it. However, I did experience two typhoons and an earthquake... That counts for something, right?

Thanks for the concern, guys. It's appreciated.

Message 5547 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 24, 2011

YES! YESYES YESYESYESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Ah, my friends, it's been so long! I am TheOtherCoda, originally known as Blacksound, Turtlehugger, Shiraterasu, and several other accounts because PSN has treated me like dirt. I haven't been able to hold a stable account because of technical difficulties (to put it lightly) and I've been trying to re-post on this forum since I first heard the the High-def remake was going to be created. So HI!

To sum up everything I accomplished while on this forum:

When I first joined I asked for a detailed summary of what had happened so far (This was roughly pages 150-350) and AndrewFM made me and the others a very detailed (and colorful) recap of everything. (Message # 2,107)

AndrewFm's Recap:http://community.us.playstation.com/message/28058804#28058804

While searching for the link to that page I found where Andrew made a list of what squares on the map contain what junk.

List:http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2267051?start=4485&tstart=0

I also created a map of square H8. At first thought to be a narrow strip of walkable space above the sea, it turned out that the entire square could be walked on. Has this been confirmed to be in the high-def remake? Someone should see!

I re-found this detailed story explanation of SOTC's story, which here it is again for lurkers who haven't read this. I highly suggest you look it over if you haven't. It's a fun read!

Plot/Theory Analysis FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/924364-shadow-of-the-colossus/faqs/41817

And my last and final contribution was this awesome photo of the "seventeenth colossus" (Fan-made, don't freak out)

SO! I digress. Some of the older seekers check back here periodically (Ascadia, glad to know you're alive and doing well) and if you do, stick around. I may be stubborn, and it will happen, but I don't want this thread to die. It's been too fun of a run.

With love,

~Coda

Message 5548 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 25, 2011

Sadly, there's no way to get to the invisible lands in the PS3 remake. I tested it out in the PAL version (which is the same). Try as I might I just couldn't get far enough out there after Agro launching off the cliffs... you just drop like a stone and die. I did get further out by opening and closing the parachute but it makes no significant difference. So it seems only the NTSC version let us explore these places, in the PAL/PS3 versions they are off limits.

Message 5549 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2011

Hello, I'm new here forum
I do not know if you've noticed more ...
when you get the sword of the sun in time atack Dormin speaks
it serves to open doors and look for the locations of the colossus ...
does it have a door in the shadows? if the sword is used to open doors
and also serves to get light in dark places ... probably should have
some port @. @
I do not know if you've noticed that more is just a theory

Message 5550 of 5,656 (889 Views)
0 Likes