Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 29 2012
By: skidbubble Lombax Warrior 103 posts

Question about PSPlus Cloud storage

4 replies 17 views Edited Feb 29, 2012

Hello all. Just wondering if you save your game saves / trophies, etc to the cloud storage if it is also saved locally to your PS3 as well? Or do you have to choose one or the other? I realize neither one is perfect, I am just trying to find the lesser of 2 evils.

If you save everything to the cloud & your subscription expires, you lose everything.

If you save everything to your PS3 & your PS3 breaks, you lose everything.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Re: Question about PSPlus Cloud storage

Feb 29, 2012

Its saved on both your Cloud and on your PS3 ...

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5783 posts

Feb 29, 2012

You have to manually save your save to the cloud from the system, however you can set up an auto upload to be done at select times.

If you save everything to the cloud and your subscription expires, you cannot access though saves, and sony does not guareentee your saves if you are not in a subscription, however, they will remain in the storage, but for how long, I don't know.

If you save everything to the PS3, you would lose everything if it breaks, however you can save many saves with a Flash Drive, so if you did that you would just lose the copy protected ones, however, you can easily back up copy protected saves to the cloud if your in a subscription. and then if it were to break, you can readd them to the PS3 on any new one, as long as you use the same PSN.

Just note, the PS3 can't read saves directly from the Cloud, so if your are playing a game, the save must be on the system in order to load it, you can't load directly from the cloud.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
412 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I am also a little confused. Chaos wrote that you can not access a game save directly from the cloud.....when would i have saved only directly to the cloud?

I thought that the cloud was JUST a back up. It always saves on both if you want to use the cloud, if you dont it just saves on the system??? right?

I get the part of the sub being expired.

Does anyone know if i can back up all my stuff. I have the ps+ but i have never used that feature. Does it have alot of save space?? i think there is a cap on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5405 posts

Mar 1, 2012

thebgj wrote:

I am also a little confused. Chaos wrote that you can not access a game save directly from the cloud.....when would i have saved only directly to the cloud?

I thought that the cloud was JUST a back up. It always saves on both if you want to use the cloud, if you dont it just saves on the system??? right?

I get the part of the sub being expired.

Does anyone know if i can back up all my stuff. I have the ps+ but i have never used that feature. Does it have alot of save space?? i think there is a cap on it.

The cloud storage is only for gamesaves, and you have 150 MB of space to use.

chaos_789 meant that you can keep all of your gamesaves on the cloud and delete them from your HDD, but you will need to re-download them onto your PS3 in order to access them for gameplay; if you were to replace your PS3 you would need to download them all onto the new console first.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes