Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 13 2012
By: betweentheburyd First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Question about games on HDD

3 replies 16 views Edited Mar 13, 2012

I am going to be trading a tablet for a ps3 to a guy on craigslist, and he says he has a few games on the HDD. My question is, will I be able to access these games on my PSN account on that PS3 or would I need to be on his account?

Also, I wont be able to have him show me it works, as we will be meeting at the local walmart. Any ideas how I can get some proof out of this guy that it works?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Re: Question about games on HDD

Mar 13, 2012

Well, if you don't have a generator and a TV you can take with you, any proof he could offer will be suspect. You could have him do something similar to what terrorists do when they are trying to show someone is alive. Have him record himself showing the PS3 working and show a copy of today's newspaper all in one single clip so it's not edited in. He can bring the video camera with him and show you when you exchange.

As for the other question, the games will still reside on your console until you delete them or remove them. If he wipes the console before giving it to you, then the games will be gone. If you ever delete the games  for any reason, they will be permanently un-accessible. You can delete the PSN account and the games will still be there. But deleting the PSN account or losing the login for the account will make it so you can't download it again.

In other words, the content will stay there, but should you ever need to re-download the content, you will need access to PSN from the account it was bought from. I'm guessing that he will remove his account or at least make it forget the login. If he is smart he will. Otherwise you would just buy a bunch of crap hoping his credit card is still stored in the wallet.

Message 2 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Exact answer I was looking for, thank you so much.

Message 3 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Mar 13, 2012

i keep one of them power invertors and a small flatscreen in the trunk for deals like this..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 4 of 4 (16 Views)
0 Likes