Oct 14 2013
By: BaltRavensFan20 Uncharted Territory 1655 posts

Question about gamestop....

[ Edited ]
14 replies 268 views Edited Oct 14, 2013

Ok, so seeing as the PS4 is being released on a friday, I usually work friday nights (don't really feel like changing my schedule around at the moment), problem is the gamestop I go to doesn't usually open till 11 (I work 11:30am-8pm usually which doesn't give me a whole lot of time to go there and pick it up and get to work with distance away and all), now I don't know whether all gamestops open the same time or not. My main question is, seeing as its a release day, do you think gamestop will be open all day (for some midnight to the next night?), or do you think they will do midight release (if they have one), close, then reopen the next day at their normal time? I would think they would open earlier since its a big day so people can pick up their consoles throughout the day. this would help for me so I can leave earlier to pick up my console, head to work (I have a retractable tonneau cover in my hatch and a blanket, so I can cover it over and make it look like nothings in there), then get home and play.

Or would it be better just calling and asking them? Just figured I'd ask on here to see if anyone happened to know. I've never been involved in a big console release day so I'm not completely sure on things...

Message 1 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: Question about gamestop....

Oct 14, 2013

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Ok, so seeing as the PS4 is being released on a friday, I usually work friday nights (don't really feel like changing my schedule around at the moment), problem is the gamestop I go to doesn't usually open till 11 (I work 11:30am-8pm usually which doesn't give me a whole lot of time to go there and pick it up and get to work with distance away and all), now I don't know whether all gamestops open the same time or not. My main question is, seeing as its a release day, do you think gamestop will be open all day (for some midnight to the next night?), or do you think they will do midight release (if they have one), close, then reopen the next day at their normal time? I would think they would open earlier since its a big day so people can pick up their consoles throughout the day. this would help for me so I can leave earlier to pick up my console, head to work (I have a retractable tonneau cover in my hatch and a blanket, so I can cover it over and make it look like nothings in there), then get home and play.

Or would it be better just calling and asking them? Just figured I'd ask on here to see if anyone happened to know. I've never been involved in a big console release day so I'm not completely sure on things...

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but, what's wrong with just going to the midnight release and taking it home then?  I doubt that they will have any other sort of extended hours.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 15 (258 Views)
Wastelander
853 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2013

The employees at the one closest to me usually come around at 10 pm for a midnight launch and sometimes they will let people in the store to wait if it's cold but not usually. They will get ready for the midnight launch for a couple hours and then start letting people in. They'll stay open as long as people are coming in but once it slows down they usually close shop and then reopen at the normal time.

That's usually how it goes. The only way to know for sure is to go there or call and ask them about what their specific plans are for the launch.

Message 3 of 15 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 14, 2013

I wold  say no. The game stop I go to about 9 or 10 pm night of release stay open just for the peopel to pay for the release products and get all your recipts and every thing in order. Midnight then hand out all of the pre orders. Soon as line is gone they can close shop till they open the next day.

Message 4 of 15 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but, what's wrong with just going to the midnight release and taking it home then?  I doubt that they will have any other sort of extended hours.

Well number one I don't know if they are doing midnight release. Its a smaller area so I don't know if the amount of people would be worth it for them to do a midnight release. Personally I don't like going to midnight releases. I'm the type of person where I need and like my sleep, whether I work or not the next day. If i don't it affects my mood and perfomance the next day.

I mean, worse comes to worse I'll just call them and tell them to hold it for me till I get done work saturday afternoon, but I'd rather get it as soon as I can and just get pick up out of the way.

Message 5 of 15 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 14, 2013

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Well number one I don't know if they are doing midnight release. Its a smaller area so I don't know if the amount of people would be worth it for them to do a midnight release. Personally I don't like going to midnight releases. I'm the type of person where I need and like my sleep, whether I work or not the next day. If i don't it affects my mood and perfomance the next day.

I mean, worse comes to worse I'll just call them and tell them to hold it for me till I get done work saturday afternoon, but I'd rather get it as soon as I can and just get pick up out of the way.

You reserved one worst case go midnigt if they get have early release and then go home to bed for work. I may be doing the same thing my self. You dont have to sit up all night playing it.

Message 6 of 15 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
859 posts

Oct 14, 2013
Calling Gamestop would probably be the first thing you should do. I don't believe all gamestops operate exactly the same, especially in a rural area. They would probably hold your console for like 3 days after release. But if they don't have an answer for you now, call them back a couple days before launch. You should just go to the midnight release though. Losing a couple of hours of sleep is really not that big of a deal.
Message 7 of 15 (232 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2013

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

You do not even have to do that. You pre-ordered it and they have to hold your pre-order for a given amount of time. If you go in next day it will be there. If not then they screwed up.

Or take a longer lunch. Tell your boss you have to take a few extra minutes out of your lunch and you will be back as soon as possible. Unless your work are hard **bleep** or you have to be back at a certain minute then that should be fine I would think.

"Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee
12th Man
Message 8 of 15 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:
Calling Gamestop would probably be the first thing you should do. I don't believe all gamestops operate exactly the same, especially in a rural area. They would probably hold your console for like 3 days after release. But if they don't have an answer for you now, call them back a couple days before launch. You should just go to the midnight release though. Losing a couple of hours of sleep is really not that big of a deal.

nvm

Message 9 of 15 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Oct 14, 2013

Worse comes to worse I'll just pick it up the next day. It would be like 22 mins from where I work so i could always take an hour lunch if need be. I'll call them though...

Thanks for the help though

Message 10 of 15 (217 Views)
0 Likes