Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2014
By: motokid837 Hekseville Citizen 382 posts

Questions regarding Dualshock 4 stick wear

1 replies 147 views Edited Feb 4, 2014

For those who have had issues with flaking and peeling of the sticks, did Sony replace the controller and how easy did they go through with it?

I have yet to experience any peeling or flaking whatsoever. But I am very OCD about my things and my DS4 sticks are decent but it is obvious that in some spots the rubber has no texture anymore and is very smooth. My old DS3s never showed any kind of wear like that and I had them for years, and this is starting to wear smooth just in the time I have had it since launch!

I don't want them start wearing worse and have Sony telling me its "normal wear and tear" a few months down the road..what do you guys think?

Message 1 of 2 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: Questions regarding Dualshock 4 stick wear

Feb 4, 2014

motokid837 wrote:

For those who have had issues with flaking and peeling of the sticks, did Sony replace the controller and how easy did they go through with it?

I have yet to experience any peeling or flaking whatsoever. But I am very OCD about my things and my DS4 sticks are decent but it is obvious that in some spots the rubber has no texture anymore and is very smooth. My old DS3s never showed any kind of wear like that and I had them for years, and this is starting to wear smooth just in the time I have had it since launch!

I don't want them start wearing worse and have Sony telling me its "normal wear and tear" a few months down the road..what do you guys think?

mine wore out took over a week to mail it to sony and get a replacement.when the replacement came I imme dc iately put on geltabz covers and im just done with it.the geltabz feel better than stock anyways.

Message 2 of 2 (142 Views)
0 Likes