Jun 22 2013
By: BangGotcha First Son 20 posts

RANT: DLC and EXLUSIVES

13 replies 291 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

As a fan of the Playstation ( I prefer the controller )  , I just want to express my opinion on  a few things that I find as downfalls to this console. 

First, let me start by saying that I bought the console back when COD4 had just started getting popular. So I've clinged to the series all the way through Black Ops 2. Honestly, I was so captivated by the multiplayer each year that it was the only game I played. Over time it started to be less about actually enjoying the game solo-multiplayer but more about playing it with friends I had made.

However, I must say that while I still enjoy playing with friends....some have moved on to other games or rarely log in these days. I too have lost most of the enjoyment, and so comes the dilemma....

A lot of the games / perks that I find interesting seem to be ones that are only for the Xbox. I refuse to adapt to the controller or support Money$oft, especially after Don Mattrick showed himself.  So I have pre-ordered the PS4, but that doesn't mean that I'm still not disappointed. Titanfall looks good, and CoD is Xbox DLC exclusive as it has been, and I'm sure alot of other games will be part of the Xbox DLC exclusive.

I am excited about Destiny, especially since it's been announced it will get DLC exclusive....but I'm sure it won't be map pack exclusives....probably some generic cape design / minimal art feature.

I tried to get into some of PS3's exclusives....but it isn't looking bright. I bought inFamous 1 and 2 to try and get pumped for the new one but I am only 32% into InFamous 1 and already have felt like the game is a repetitive as hell.  I've looked at maybe trying some other exclusives.....I feel so far behind to try to catch up with GoW or to even know if I'd like it.  I'm currently playing The Last of Us due to it's reviews and I admit that this game is good. I've thought maybe trying Uncharted but again....I don't want to fall victim of wasting my money on another game as boring as inFamous.  I live where there are no places to rent games so making wrong decisions can get costly when I don't have alot of extra cash to throw around.

I feel that Playstation needs to wake up and start taking a few steps forward. Enough with the indy game focus and this lame Knack Nintendo crap. A few decades ago it seemed like gaming was looking at having games that could show off the maximum of a systems potential. I remember the N64 seeming as  a big leap to gaming when I first played the released Mario for it. Now it seems like gaming is taking a few steps back with these games that are sub-par to the machines capability.

Please get more DLC exclusive first deals and exclusives.

-R

Message 1 of 14 (291 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: RANT: DLC and EXLUSIVES

Jun 22, 2013
.... you spent the entire PS3 lifecycle playing Call Of Duty!!?? seems to me you should focus more on co-op type games. PS4 will seal the deal for you

† Stand Up And Be Counted †
Message 2 of 14 (277 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I mostly play Call of Duty.  I've played InFamous which was why I purchased the PS3.  I haven't finished InFamous 2 yet and I purchased it when it first came out.  I haven't finished Uncharted 2 yet either.  But I love my PS3.

PSN:dragon672 Xbox: dragon672

Message 3 of 14 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

DLC exclusive map packs are usually only a week or two. You are not really missing out on anything because everyone on the system has to wait also.

Titanfall is an exclusive but many report its only a timed exclusive ( looks like call of duty to me anyway)

I played mainly on 360 up till recently, beat every COD on Veteran , multiple prestiege, 100% achievements on Battlefield 3 etc..... For what MS pays for early DLC its not really worth it imo when they couldve put that money toward something more lasting.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 4 of 14 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Sounds like you just like shooters and more importantly just COD.

The PlayStation franchise isn't revolved around on just shooters, its more focused on gaming.

I hate to say this, but for such a COD fan like you, I'd say stick the the Xbox. It's just the better console for FPS but that's about it.

Message 5 of 14 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I would say add me to your friends list (by all means, feel free to do so), but it sounds like you'd kick my keester!

I play COD: BO2 on PS3.  I played the rest of the COD series on Xbox, beginning with the first.  Last October, I bought a PS3, and was a little disappointed with BO2 on the PS3, as compared to the Xbox version.  But, I like it a lot, still.

I wish Treyarch would treat the consoles the same, but the reality is that there are more COD gamers on Xbox than PS3.  I play RPGs, too, and there it's reversed.  It's no wonder why SE is releasing the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X HD remasters as PS3 exclusives.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 6 of 14 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 22, 2013
It's not that there are more CoD gamers on the Xbox than PS3, it's that Microsoft got the jump on timed DLC with Activision before Sony. Maybe it wasn't Sony's priority at the time, but I can tell you it has NOTHING to do with the amount of players.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 14 (180 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28980 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

inFAMOUS was "boring"? Really? I guess I enjoyed it more because it takes me back to the Marvel graphic novels of the 1980's and 90's. Try expanding your gaming horizons a bit.

Message 8 of 14 (159 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jun 22, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

inFAMOUS was "boring"? Really? I guess I enjoyed it more because it takes me back to the Marvel graphic novels of the 1980's and 90's. Something tells me this guy wants more military based first person shooters.

I enjoyed inFamous! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jun 22, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

inFAMOUS was "boring"? Really? I guess I enjoyed it more because it takes me back to the Marvel graphic novels of the 1980's and 90's. Try expanding your gaming horizons a bit.

I found inFamous kind of boring as well, I liked the second one a lot more though and I'm playing it with the move.   I'm excited for Second Son though.   the first inFamous just made me wish somebody would make a really really awesome spider-man game, because every single one I bought after spider-man 1 and 2 on the ps1 was just okay..

Message 10 of 14 (133 Views)