First Son
24 posts

Re: RPG turn based games

Aug 7, 2014

I would be glad with any rpg now bound by flame was ok, and i know some are comming but i feel rpg‘s in general are being overlooked by developers. 

Message 11 of 25 (234 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Aug 7, 2014

It would be great to havy a rpg forum! 

Message 12 of 25 (232 Views)
MVP Support
7189 posts

Aug 7, 2014

I like classic classic RPG's and is good to see they will make more of then.

KANE-FIRE

Message 13 of 25 (222 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Aug 7, 2014

a better question is where are all of the old ones? i mean we have the playstation store, and yeah they sell some of em. if they aren't going to be making many more why can't they make more money off the old classics. id buy lunar 1 and 2 again but its not for sale(outside of private sellers and i dont want to spend that kinda money).

give us legend of legaia, star ocean 2, breath of fire 3, dot hack, ffx12, ect they are games you know we'd buy sony whats up?

Message 14 of 25 (218 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4319 posts

Aug 7, 2014

mikepen0287 wrote:

a better question is where are all of the old ones? i mean we have the playstation store, and yeah they sell some of em. if they aren't going to be making many more why can't they make more money off the old classics. id buy lunar 1 and 2 again but its not for sale(outside of private sellers and i dont want to spend that kinda money).

give us legend of legaia, star ocean 2, breath of fire 3, dot hack, ffx12, ect they are games you know we'd buy sony whats up?

Sony would have no problems selling those games on PSN, but the game makers have to give Sony permission to do that first.  

Message 15 of 25 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Aug 7, 2014

I would just be happy for some turn based games. Not so much RPG's for me....some WWII epic battle type stuff.

But alas...I'm just old and don't own a decent PC.

This account is being put to pasture soon...Danny_Xanax shall be the new me.
BHD | LaG | Twitter
Message 16 of 25 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 7, 2014

1990-2000  was the best decade of rpg gaming for me.  There are a few games I've enjoyed since then, but I've felt even those games didn't have enough for me.  It seems to me that only the 'graphics' and 'music' have improved over the years.  It's very difficult to watch the very things that got me into rpgs in the first place just disappear or become dumbed-down.  Those 'idiot' "Critics" back then didn't help matters any.  "It's the same game.".  I remember hearing that about the "Final Fantasy" series.  Some people just don't get it, I guess.  So, the people who actually enjoyed the games got to take the hit.

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Message 17 of 25 (175 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Thats the thing you change the formula and nobody buys it but you don't everyone crticizes it! It's like that in all entertainment and art it seems. I really liked the stories in RPGs even though you have to read them. Your character would always start at level 1 and then there'd be some coming of age as you start the game and before you know it your a hero! Plus you collect all these items learn new skills I say back to the basics with these games you have better animation and audio dialogue now this alone makes the games better. Your job is to come up with a story, new worlds, new characters, new items, new spells and skills, maybe summons, you really don't have to change much think of it as a FPS lol

"All men are created equally!" ya but umm then they do stuff or something
Message 18 of 25 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2409 posts

Aug 10, 2014

I really like the Disgaea games.  I also really liked Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.  I wish that there was more games like these from different development companies.  It seems that everybody nowadays is just copying the Call of Duty games because that's what makes money.  It's sad that so many people are missing out because they don't play anything other than FPS'.  It's because of the Call of Duty games making so much money that the video game industry is going right down the toilet.  It's kinda like how reality t.v. ruined television.

Message 19 of 25 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Aug 10, 2014

Melegeant wrote:

1990-2000  was the best decade of rpg gaming for me.  There are a few games I've enjoyed since then, but I've felt even those games didn't have enough for me.  It seems to me that only the 'graphics' and 'music' have improved over the years.  It's very difficult to watch the very things that got me into rpgs in the first place just disappear or become dumbed-down.  Those 'idiot' "Critics" back then didn't help matters any.  "It's the same game.".  I remember hearing that about the "Final Fantasy" series.  Some people just don't get it, I guess.  So, the people who actually enjoyed the games got to take the hit.

Play Tales of Vesperia and Persona. Please do it.

Message 20 of 25 (139 Views)
0 Likes