Aug 07 2014
By: peckdogg68 Gaming Beast 2157 posts

RPG turn based games

[ Edited ]
24 replies 1123 views Edited Aug 7, 2014

I am hoping to see more o these type games coming out, and i will show my support by buying Natural Doctrine, I am hoping this is a good game, looked ok but hopefully I will be suprised.  Any thoughts or info on this one?

Mod Edit: Removed "Games and Platforms" label. Added "Ask the Community" label. -- XiomaraRose

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 1 of 25 (1,123 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6315 posts

Re: RPG turn based games

Aug 7, 2014

I am probably the biggest RPG nut on these forums, and I'm afraid to say that JRPG's have had their day.  It's unfortunate to those of us who love them, but times are changing in our genre world.  I do not know about Natural Doctrine, so I cannot answer your question on my thoughts of it, but if it's a halfway decent RPG, I'll be playing it as well.  

Message 2 of 25 (1,119 Views)
MVP Support
13655 posts

Aug 7, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

I am probably the biggest RPG nut on these forums, and I'm afraid to say that JRPG's have had their day.  It's unfortunate to those of us who love them, but times are changing in our genre world.  I do not know about Natural Doctrine, so I cannot answer your question on my thoughts of it, but if it's a halfway decent RPG, I'll be playing it as well.  

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/28/bravely-defaults-1m-copies-sold-reveals-why-it-has-square-enix-is-...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 25 (1,112 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6315 posts

Aug 7, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/28/bravely-defaults-1m-copies-sold-reveals-why-it-has-square-enix-is-...

Square may go back to Turn Based JRPG's..?  Wow!!  After all of our years of complaining, maybe they've heard us..?  This is great news!!  

Message 4 of 25 (1,109 Views)
Survivor
2603 posts

Aug 7, 2014

I would love to see some awesome JRPGs come out for the PS4.  I end up spending most of my time playing RPGs on my Vita.  The Vita is cool and everything but I play it at home 99% of the time.  I just keep it plugged in when I play it.  I would really like to see some cool RPGs come out for the PS4, preferably JRPGs. Smiley Wink

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 5 of 25 (1,089 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6315 posts

Aug 7, 2014

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

I would love to see some awesome JRPGs come out for the PS4.  I end up spending most of my time playing RPGs on my Vita.  The Vita is cool and everything but I play it at home 99% of the time.  I just keep it plugged in when I play it.  I would really like to see some cool RPGs come out for the PS4, preferably JRPGs. Smiley Wink

The Article linked in the above posts states that Square is finally beginning to figure out that people actually like the way they USED to make games, or shall I say the way SquareSoft made games.  There is hope! 

Message 6 of 25 (1,085 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Wow that is nice to know, i have been whining about this since FFX

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 7 of 25 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 7, 2014

I may have to wait until i see reviews, however I am anticipating a game such as this for so long I may just jump in blind and deal the with consequences, if it is not good. 

Message 8 of 25 (1,076 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Upon looking into this game a little more, this game does not look like the game i am looking for.   I do like turn based rpg's but this one seems to be a little complicated for me.  The system of fighting shown on ign looks very complicated and it looks like it will take a really long time  for me to get the hang of it.  Too bad i was looking forward to a game like this Smiley Sad.

Message 9 of 25 (1,063 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6315 posts

Aug 7, 2014

peckdogg68 wrote:

Upon looking into this game a little more, this game does not look like the game i am looking for.   I do like turn based rpg's but this one seems to be a little complicated for me.  The system of fighting shown on ign looks very complicated and it looks like it will take a really long time  for me to get the hang of it.  Too bad i was looking forward to a game like this Smiley Sad.

Most RPG fighting systems are complicated until you get the hang of them, especially recent RPG's these past few years.  It doesn't take long to get the hang of it.  Shoot, if I can drudge through the ridiculous fbattle system of FF13, anything is possible.  

Message 10 of 25 (1,061 Views)