Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 15 2013
By: Ghostwize I Only Post Everything 844 posts

Random Friend Invites

47 replies 404 views Edited Apr 15, 2013

I don't like em'! I get them quite often. Please just send a corresponding message along with the invite at the very least outlining if I played a game with you or something. Anyone else get annoyed by this or is it just me? :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 48 (404 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

Re: Random Friend Invites

Apr 15, 2013

You can simply delete them if you don't like someone sending you friend invites.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 48 (398 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

I don't like em'! I get them quite often. Please just send a corresponding message along with the invite at the very least outlining if I played a game with you or something. Anyone else get annoyed by this or is it just me? :smileyvery-happy:

I just delete those, if i keep getting them I block the person!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 48 (371 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Apr 15, 2013

All valid.  Just block them.  I agree though, unless there is a message, or at least a title, I usually don;t except, unless I recognize them from here.  Even then, I question them.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 48 (368 Views)
VP of Gaming
28621 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

I'm not sure annoyed is the right word, but it's interesting you posted this now because between turning my PS3 off last night & turning it on again around an hour ago I had 6 random friend requests, I deleted all of them without further enquiry.

To be honest they don't annoy me, but I do wonder where they found me or chose me, & if they want to add me at least put something in the text body area like 'saw you on the Forums, saw you playing blah blah game' etc, know what I mean.

I'm sure I've annoyed some by not accepting their requests, but at least let me know where you found me or why you want to add me!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 48 (346 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5527 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

If random friend requests bother you, change the "Privacy Settings" on your PS3. Go to "Account Managment". Scroll down to "Privacy Settings". Enter your password. Then you can set it so that you receive Friend Requests or Messages from "Anyone" or  "Friends of friends" or you can receive Friend Requests or Messages from "Nobody"

tumblr_miw7vsXOK81rb3ea0o2_250.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 48 (333 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1078 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I just add them.  Most of the time they delete me themselves because I don't play Call of Duty or don't have DLC to a particular game.  works better for me.

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 48 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

I get on average 4 to 6 a day... yes anoying.  Completely blind request, not "hey we met in this game", or "I know you from here", just blank blind request.  The best ones are when they insist I'm someone they know and keep sending request repeatedly.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 48 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 16, 2013

i always send a msg to them asking "do i know you?" and about half have said they seen me on a certain thread or whatnot on these forums..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 48 (290 Views)
I Only Post Everything
844 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a little irritated. Wouldn't mind em' one bit though if they put a little more effort into the request with some information. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 48 (272 Views)