Uncharted Territory
1588 posts

Re: Random Friend Invites

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Random kid added me about 2 months ago. Didnt have any games cept GTA IV, but i never seen him play it. Everytime i logged on he would send me a private chat room invite. Started sending me messages "can you send me a picture" or "why do you play god of war so much" just deleted him, must of been foreign because the way he typed sometimes. Changed my settings and never will add anyone i dont know in person or seen in person again. I use to get them alot randomly playing COD though, just to find out they dont have a headset, so i erase them

Message 21 of 48 (123 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I dont get random friend invites because i don,t have the time for that crap only when im free I,II throw in some challages.

Message 22 of 48 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Most of the time I just ignore them. Unless I recognize the name I don't pay much attention to them. Occasionally I will accept it and usually regret doing so. When I send one out I will add a note, or I'll have send them a message via here to let them know I want to add them.

What bothers me is when people send me "friend" requests so that they can ask me if I"ll game share. Yeah, not happening.

I do periodically cleanse the list. If I haven't spoken to the person in months or haven't seen them online in months I will delete them.

Message 23 of 48 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Apr 16, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I should have mentioned this earlier.

In your account settings, under privacy, you can set it so no one can send you friends invites or set it so that only people who have one of your friends on their friend's list can send you an invite (this is what I do)

That explains the message I got when I tried to send you a request. Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 48 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Let's remember Kids are kids. We must be tolerant with them i have a lot of friends mostly kids and i have to talk with them and do parties with them because: A happy kid will be a happy customer for tomorrow.

Well the last thing i can say is that configure the privacy settings and done.

Message 25 of 48 (95 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38474 posts

Apr 16, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

In your account settings, under privacy, you can set it so no one can send you friends invites or set it so that only people who have one of your friends on their friend's list can send you an invite (this is what I do)

That explains the message I got when I tried to send you a request. Smiley Very Happy

I thought about sending PP a FR too Papa, I won't bother now Smiley Wink.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 26 of 48 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I tried sending brit a FR, but he blocked me ;(

Yeah, I think most of the people here that make their usernames shown more get some random invites. I never understand blank FRs! It should be mandatory to say a few words before you add someone.

YB

Message 27 of 48 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54257 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

LOL Papa.  Send me a message over the PS3 sometime soon and I'll make a spot for you.   I have a few people who haven't played online since feburary, the other message you would have got is "User's list is full"  Smiley Wink.

EDIT: I play after 930pm eastern almost exclusively

EDIT2:   Hi brit, see my message to papa above Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 48 (79 Views)
MVP Support
38474 posts

Apr 16, 2013

bookepride wrote:

I tried sending brit a FR, but he blocked me ;(

Yeah, I think most of the people here that make their usernames shown more get some random invites. I never understand blank FRs! It should be mandatory to say a few words before you add someone.

@ bookepride - Really, or you jest?

@ PP - Got it!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 29 of 48 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I'm kidding lol

YB