Uncharted Territory
1987 posts

Re: Anyone Else Annoyed The PS4 won't Have B/C For PS3/PSN Games?

Mar 9, 2013
i literally just bought a superslim. now the new system comes out. hopefully christmas...
Message 51 of 66 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

Me too.

Just keep a PS3?  OK but they break down on me all the time, if the PS4 is just as reliable then I will be trying to keep 3 systems working and being replaced all the time?  

If one console did it all, I would not mind so much.  Its a good thing the PS2 is very reliable, but it looks like crap on my 61" 1080p tv.

The upscaled games looked great via PS3.

Has it been confirmed the PSN games will not work for sure?  If so that broke the camels back.  I have at least $1000 spent on PSN!!!  Just start over right?  I have three kids, I cant spend money like that anymore, Sony better make good on the cloud PS3 games quick and offer it for free with PS+ or something.  AMybe they can confirm we won the game via disc and seel it a bit cheaper?

I am worried.

PS3??? Breaking all the time??? what the hell are you doing to them? OMG, i had my original 80gb model since it came out and then just upgraded bout a year ago to the slim just cuz I wanted to, I never had any problems with mine at all, on the other hand I did go thru 4 Xbox 360s in less then a year cuz they kept breaking or getting the red rings of death.

I seen a forums post on different site where the guy claimed his PS3s kept breaking, over and over and over. he had been thru 5 or so of them, finally after a ton of pages of posts of confusion, he admitted that he had been trying to hack the systems and asked for help doing so.... morons.

Message 52 of 66 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Nah, I'm not really annoyed buy it. Even tough I heard about the PS4's imminent arrival I have bought LBP, LBP2 (since I wanted them physical) Assassin's Creed 3, the God of War Saga, the Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy and the Killzone Trilogy wih Gow: Ascension and Bioshock Infinte over the next 2 weeks. I did that because I won't remove my PS3 just because of the PS4. It will always find a use for it, even when the next generation is upon us. I still use my PSP, but not to the extent I had once because of my Vita. This will also be true for PS4 and PS3

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 53 of 66 (82 Views)
Gaming Beast
2131 posts

Mar 9, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

Either way, i'm not interested in a Console that doesn't support Backwards Compatibility... 

Maybe there are some people who want to save up for a New Console... I'd rather Sell mine to make up the Extra Cash, but with all the Games I own, i'd be loosing so much money... & that isn't about to happen... 

So either the PS4 goes Backwards Compatible, or i'm going to PC for my Gamming in the Future, ~_~

You would maybe get $100 tops for your PS3 even less when the PS4 comes out.  If you do go to PC for your gaming future, then you would miss out on all the PS4 exclusive titles.   Right now I personally am not sold on the PS4 just yet, they have not showed me anything that makes me want to buy the system.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 54 of 66 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 9, 2013
who cares i have the ps3 for BC and have ps4 for its titles
Message 55 of 66 (79 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 56 of 66 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Chickenbonetom, you got it wrong.

With PS4 hardware it is 100% / PosSible that later it will have software support for PS3 games. ~ But with the ease and number of games that developers wlll be able to create for the PS4, there should be very little to worry about.

Also the PS4 may allow remote play of PS3 games like PC gamers who check out their bots from the office. PS3 games so long as the internet is descent enough to stream video and mouse clicks. PS Play may do remote hosting of PS3 games like Gran Turismo 6.
Message 57 of 66 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 58 of 66 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Yes, I am annoyed by the fact that the PS4 is not backwards compatible! I still want the PS4, but I hate the fact that it's not backwards compatible.

Not to mention since my 60 GB PS3 is dead I would now need to have a PS2, a PS3 and a PS4 hooked up! I already have other devices hooked up to my TV. I am not the only one who uses the TV and I don't have room for all of these consoles!!! Don't tell me "your lazy" I don't like moving consoles back and fourth. I know backwards compatibility is hard for the PS4 but it does not make it any less annoying and I am getting tired of hearing people attack others for wanting it. I think it's a valid complaint..

Message 59 of 66 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7898 posts

Mar 13, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

LuckyFirsts wrote:
Chickenbonetom, you got it wrong.

With PS4 hardware it is 100% / PosSible that later it will have software support for PS3 games. ~ But with the ease and number of games that developers wlll be able to create for the PS4, there should be very little to worry about.

Also the PS4 may allow remote play of PS3 games like PC gamers who check out their bots from the office. PS3 games so long as the internet is descent enough to stream video and mouse clicks. PS Play may do remote hosting of PS3 games like Gran Turismo 6.

What you're referring to is their Cloud service from Gakai or whatever the heck it' called. First off that won't be avilable till who knows when and second that doesn't Support PS3 games as Sony already stated.

That`s not exactly true, Sony stated that Gaikai will have more then 3000 PS3 titles, also they did also says the gaikai will have PS1,PS2, and PS3 titles. Gaikai will be available at launch, however the PS1, PS2, and PS3 titles will be added at a later date. (Gaikai is also used to play a game before you buy it.)

Message 60 of 66 (46 Views)