Mar 28 2012
By: jowbrent Monster Hunter 35 posts

Ridge Racer questions and tips for better gameplay ...

7 replies 118 views Edited Mar 28, 2012

I've posted elsewhere on this forum that I love this version of Ridge Racer and have about 15 hours of gameplay both with spot and online races. I've unlocked all the upgrade kits, and one of the things I was wondering was what are some of the favorite combinations used by other players. I personally use Flex for the nitrous upgrade since I like the idea of being able to get a burst of speed whenever I want instead of having to wait for one of the tanks to fill. I also use Rocketeer for the quick start but sometimes this is a disadvantage if you happen to be last or near last in the starting grid of racers since you're likely to just run into a car ahead of you wasting your rocket start. It doesn't help that the countdown timer graphic hinders your clear view of the racers in front of you making it more difficult to maneuver around cars at the start of a race. Since there is so much ramming that goes on during online races—sometimes intentional and sometimes due to lag—I use the Collision Absorb instead of Rocketeer at times when there are a lot of racers so there is less slowdown when I do hit something. My 3rd upgrade kit is usually the Final Lap Charge.

I was also wondering if anyone knew how the online starting grid is determined or if it is just randomly chosen.

When you're selected as a VIP racer for the day, is there anything special besides getting 1,000 victory points? Now that I have all the upgrade kits, there's nothing left to spend VP on. I guess you get to donate VP to your team, but I'm not quite sure how that works.

I'm at Level 11 and there have been several times when I've won races with higher ranked players, but my ranking hasn't advanced. I thought in reading the manual it said something about going up a level if you beat a higher ranked player.

Well, after the free content today, there are 12 cars including the angel and devil cars and 6 tracks, all of which can be reversed. I think $25 for the game and free content is well worth it. Namco listed on its site that there will be a Silver Pass sometime in April, so I'm looking forward to whatever new options will be available, even if I have to pay a little for them.

NEC Turbo Express → Nintendo Game Boy → Game Boy Pocket → Game Boy Color → Sega GameGear → Atari Lynx → NeoGeo Pocket Color → Game Boy Advance → Game Boy Advance SP → Nintendo DS → Sony PSP → DS Lite → PSP 2000 → PSP 3000 → Apple iPod touch 2g → PSP go → iPod touch 4g → Sony Vita
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Ridge Racer questions and tips for better gameplay ...

Mar 30, 2012

Are there no RR fans out there ...

NEC Turbo Express → Nintendo Game Boy → Game Boy Pocket → Game Boy Color → Sega GameGear → Atari Lynx → NeoGeo Pocket Color → Game Boy Advance → Game Boy Advance SP → Nintendo DS → Sony PSP → DS Lite → PSP 2000 → PSP 3000 → Apple iPod touch 2g → PSP go → iPod touch 4g → Sony Vita
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Mar 30, 2012

How do i return back to the normal menu instead of that ugly devil menu?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 30, 2012

Good question ...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Love Ridge Racer on the Vita myself... Word of advice from someone who does the same thing, you put down too many points to respond in order to have a proper discussion

From what I've read the upgrade system is flat and simplistic and based on how much time you play. I'm not there yet but if I get stuck at level 11 I'll let you know...

Until then I'll just enjoy the fact that Ridge Racer way more fun than the hater reviews say, at least for random gaming AND if you aren't already bored from limited amount of couses, some of which are ported from previous Ridge Racer games.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Hi DJ,

Thanks for the tip about too many questions. Perhaps I'll see you online sometime ...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Cool, yeah, I'm on team Xealot. Hope to see you around once I level up some, I'm only LVL 7 now.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

2 weeks ago
Hi, I understand that it has been years since you post. I am trying to level up on ridge racer ps vita. I am currently on level 2 but cannot progress anymore. How do you level up during the game? Many thanks inadvance. Kraige1986
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (17 Views)
0 Likes