Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 15 2012
By: StanPerfect Monster Hunter 41 posts

SOCOM 5

[ Edited ]
17 replies 3752 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

Want to make the best SOCOM ever. See UBISOFT - scratch that, competition with Ghost Recon, maybe Naughty Dog if they can get it together but I here they are going down hill like Zipper. I can't say because I don't own any games from ND. I have heard good things in the past, but I here they are all about DLC and bad servers. I here people saying they want to see SOCOM 2 or 3 HD which is a mistake, yet take the reasons why people think those games are so good and move forward with the franchise. No need for driving all of the vehicles but it would be nice to see the seals dune-buggy in a game. Ooh yes, they have one equipped with communication gear, a rack on top to strap RPGs and heavy MGs. What about sniping, we should have to take into account for gravity and maybe wind and have the challenge of making the awesome 2000 yard shot on a massive multiplayer board, now that is some skill. SOCOM 4 did loose the Sea in SEa, Air, and Land. How about a Multiplayer board set on a large cruise ship. And no artic setting. Comeon... When making games, release dates are not the most important thing, it is about taking the most gifted people and make the best game you can.

Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

If you got anything from me, it's to find your thing and do you.
Message 1 of 18 (3,752 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
630 posts

Re: SOCOM 5

Sep 24, 2012

StanPerfect wrote:

Want to make the best SOCOM ever. See UBISOFT - scratch that, competition with Ghost Recon, maybe Naughty Dog if they can get it together but I here they are going down hill like Zipper. I can't say because I don't own any games from ND. I have heard good things in the past, but I here they are all about DLC and bad servers. I here people saying they want to see SOCOM 2 or 3 HD which is a mistake, yet take the reasons why people think those games are so good and move forward with the franchise. No need for driving all of the vehicles but it would be nice to see the seals dune-buggy in a game. Ooh yes, they have one equipped with communication gear, a rack on top to strap RPGs and heavy MGs. What about sniping, we should have to take into account for gravity and maybe wind and have the challenge of making the awesome 2000 yard shot on a massive multiplayer board, now that is some skill. SOCOM 4 did loose the Sea in SEa, Air, and Land. How about a Multiplayer board set on a large cruise ship. And no artic setting. Comeon... When making games, release dates are not the most important thing, it is about taking the most gifted people and make the best game you can.

Naughty dog is doing just fine with Uncharted and set to release "The last of us". They want HD socom because of the maps and guns and all that stuff that comes a long with it. Just updated graphics and server side with it. Socom wasn't meant to be the most realistic shooter. I don't have time to line a shot up for it to miss and what ever. If I want tplay a game like that I'll play Dragon rising or Red River. For a 2000 yard shot you would need a whole team if you want it to be realistic. The longest recoded sniper shot is roughly 2700 yards. The one Canadian who killed a enemy at 2500 said he could't even see the guy, his scoper in binoculars had to call the enemy out. I doubt any one wants to sit there, that would also make maps huge and we would see a camp fest.

Thats why socom 2 was much more loved. It was urban warfare. No huge maps, it was easy to get around but at the same time be steathy. Every one had their spots to go to. Every one had a job I found on socom. Socom 2 Had maps designed around game mods, they wern't just created for the fun of it. Thats what made socom awesome plus the community. 

Message 2 of 18 (3,682 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Sep 29, 2012

another person who never Played a REAL Socom talking like they know Socom. It is so sad If they did release a REAL Socom you would be forced to EAT your words buddy.

RSD says GSI runs the night
Message 3 of 18 (3,648 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 4, 2012

The reason why I say ND is because of the Uncharted success. Also, there are some small similarities in the artwork. There is a game called MAG, by Zipper,  huge boards and up to 256 players battling it out. And yes they camp a little too. It was satisying the other day when I took out a sniper and his support guy. Check out the multiplayer online demo. I should have been more clear, but I don't want to just give away good game ideas. My point is you can't hip fire Barret 50cal, it would break your wrist and probably rip your hand off. Not like I have ever fired one lying prone with my left eye closed, right eye open, right hand on the pistol grip, index finger on the trigger, left hand under the stock holding it up to my shoulder, and ever so slightly pulling the trigger to feel the recoil through my entire body and the blow-back from the muzzle break. I'm saying, I would like to see SOCOM with a little MAG become a great military combat RPG. I really don't care who does it, but I "think" ND can get it done.

p.s. It's not scoper, it's spotter. They don't use binoculars, they use spotting scopes.

Message 4 of 18 (3,616 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Playing MOH: WARFIGHTER beta on 360. I think SOCOM players are going to be excited about this one. Yeah I know its FPS but its a blast. Two man fire groups and the map is sweet with tons of different routes. The international troops are handled great, can't believe my fav is the Canadian class. This is way better than Socom 4, keep an eye out for WARFIGHTER.
Message 5 of 18 (3,579 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2436 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

StanPerfect wrote:

It won't happen as long as there are Sony "visionaries", like Seth calling the shots.  SONY would have to license the product to another development house (we saw what /6 did with it).  Zipper's MW knock-off was a sorry attempt and Zipper is no more.   Zipper was doomed when Sony bought them.

I think a resurrection of the early SOCOMs, with all of their bells, whistles, and freedom of play, would be a marketable item.  S3/CA was SOCOM's pinnacle for many but they'd have to restore it failthfully and that includes the layout and once again, the player's ability to play what they want to play instead of what and where SONY thinks one should play.  It would take a lot of money and a new engine.  I don't think there's a house out there that would want to take the risk when the cookie-cutter FPS games are raking in the bucks.  SONY certainly doesn't want another game out there where people play a version for a couple of YEARS with their free business model.  SOCOM, Return Of, would be an outstanding P2P game.

Message 6 of 18 (3,471 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 29, 2012
I have heard of it and saw some footage. It did look amazing. But, it was done by EA and for some reason I keep getting messages like The EA servers are not availible at this time, and those game titles were active when I attempted so... I don't know worried that my Origin account was comprimised or something. I don't remember the login info ethier. I wish they would get rid of the origin account although it may be a good security measure so I don't know. And have been playing MAG an FPS by zipper. Getting away from TPS cuz you can be in cover, never expose your position and still see everything going on around you. TPS need to be re-thought to prevent this.
Message 7 of 18 (3,438 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 29, 2012

When you say MW-knockoff, I assume you mean MAG. That is not what it is at all. Before I dive into the history of MAG, let me say it's the most complicated FPS I've seen to date. It does have some small similarities, but many MW fans will find it tough to adapt to its complexity. The way your character skill tree works, prevents any one soldier from being able to "do it all" successfully by changing loadouts. With nearly 120+ skills to add and only being able to select 70 with a tree system, it becomes a science and then you need to build loadouts to compliment the skills selected.

MAG has a faction called Raven which was the original design for the next-gen armor in the sequel to SOCOM 3. When Sony announced SOCOM Confrontation by Slant Six, Zipper pitched the idea for a Massive Action Game (MAG) which started out as a TPS. I belive Sony wanted that changed to a FPS to prevent conflict with SOCOM. That said, MAG was made and has done very well considering it is competitive online only and only on the PS3 console. Although, it does suffer from some of the common Zipper glitches. Yet, 64-256 player battles, kick-a$$.

* SOCOM 4 may have the record for the most glitches in a single game, ever.

Message 8 of 18 (3,437 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Nov 2, 2012

SOCOM US NAVY SEALS II was and still is the best of SOCOM franchise, It was actually my first SOCOM game i ever played loved it and still do. I still have the game in its case and everything, I hope they remake it in HD if not some company comes out and makes it again. Ahh classic ol' SOCOM, F'ing PS3 wont support PS2 games so i cant play it as a PS2 i no longer have. 

Message 9 of 18 (3,403 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6407 posts

Nov 5, 2012

mag is  a socom unviverse game really but  they  seperated the  universes. it was  good till the screwed  up and  nerfed the weapons to death causing  a  imbalance from my understanding.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 10 of 18 (3,384 Views)
0 Likes