Last Guardian
11686 posts

Re: SONY BLEW IT

Sep 16, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TarheelRam wrote:

Not really a good reason on why retail is better. Okay so you can play a bit earlier, so? Are people really that impatient? Also if you want to be nitpicky like that you can consider the time you save with digital not having to switch discs everytime. To each his own.

Blu Ray = ONE disc.

once i put in that gta v disc gets put in my ps3 it aint leaving it unless i want to watcha bluray movie or to play beyond two souls...

>

Message 41 of 50 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Teus wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TarheelRam wrote:

Not really a good reason on why retail is better. Okay so you can play a bit earlier, so? Are people really that impatient? Also if you want to be nitpicky like that you can consider the time you save with digital not having to switch discs everytime. To each his own.

Blu Ray = ONE disc.

once i put in that gta v disc gets put in my ps3 it aint leaving it unless i want to watcha bluray movie or to play beyond two souls...

Does you being impatient have anything to do with something being better than the other?

Message 42 of 50 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Sep 16, 2013

I cant wait until everyone gets thier download completed, I cant believe people are so inpatient for a game.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 43 of 50 (181 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 16, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Maybe you shouldn't have bought the bill of goods that "digital is the future", and should have bought a disc copy?

All these anti-digital comments are hilarious.

On PC, if I pre-order a game on Steam, I can pre-load it and play it before anyone gets home from their precious retail store.

But honestly, who the eff cares?! When I pre-order physical from Amazon, I do NOT pay for release-day delivery because what do I care if I play it a few days later?! People complain about the stupidest things.

And I can shop around for the best bargain online, and possibley save $20 or more, because Target, Wal Mart, Best Buy, and PC Richard are all trying to get me in the door to spend my money. I know buying something in a store is "old hat" to many in the gamer cognoscenti, but there are times where you're better off heading to your local store to make a purchase.

I really don't understand why people are so ga-ga over Steam. They really don't have as good of bargains as you like to think they have, and the games they do have "sales" on are years old. It's a practice called McDonaldization. Giving you a lot of something at a cheap price doesn't make it "quality". Yet for some reason they're seen as "swell guys" because they sell you a ten year old PC game for $5. And they're updates screw up perfectly working games. They "converted" Race 07 recently, and it loused it up for a lot of players.

LOL, you really don't know what you're talking about. First of all, Steam is not the only retailer for PC games - in fact, they're not even the only retailer for Steamworks (Steam-required) games! For example, I pre-ordered Batman: Arkham Origins on GMG for $37.50. Good luck finding that price for the PS3 version. And yes, it comes with the Deathstroke pre-order bonus. Amazon also has digital game sales all the time. If you don't want to deal with any DRM at all, there's GOG.com. GOG and Amazon are both having Squenix sales right now. GMG has Bethesda and Codemasters sales right now. Steam has Activision sales right now.

tl;dr: There are a lot of places to get PC games for cheaper than console games, not just Steam.

Not that any of that was the point of my post now, was it? :rolleyes:

Message 44 of 50 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Sep 16, 2013

blue.PNG

Oh.... "BLEW" it... gotcha

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 45 of 50 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 16, 2013
Sigh another idiot who thinks its 36GB download.
Its 17 GB its wants you to have 36 GB avaliable on your hard drive.
Like how Fallout 3 its like a 2 GB install but over time it add up and your save date becomes like 8 GB.
Its not a 36 GB download.
Learn games before making a QQ thread about it
Message 46 of 50 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9070 posts

Sep 16, 2013

austinite04 wrote:

GTA Digital PRE-ORDERS Should have been allowed to download this morning... it's 36 GB... it will take all of the 17th to download it...

That size file is no biggie. I can handle that in less then 2 hrs. It takes me less then a half hour now for reg games. Why did sony blow it.? You just need faster internet. The new ps 4 might be over your head..?
Message 47 of 50 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Sep 16, 2013

I would not have gone digital if I had anything less than a 30 MB/sec connection.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 48 of 50 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Sep 17, 2013
I think the main sense in which they blew it was that there is nothing in this buying experience to encourage a consumer to do it again. Repeat business is important to a digital seller. If you turn off a customer, they won't try you again for quite a while.

Sure, the inconvenience in this case is not earth-shattering, but with the seeming uselessness of pre-ordering digitally, Sony has indeed blown its chance to impress those who would otherwise pre-order digitally again and again, at full price, in order to save those precious hours. That *is* a lost opportunity.

(By the way, people claim this is not a Sony decision, but R* is fine with pre-loading. So is Sony in Europe. Thus, this was clearly a call made by Sony in North America--a group well-known for numerous extremely-dubious decisions--and the blame for the inconvenience, be it big or small, can absolutely be attributed to them.)
Message 49 of 50 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Sep 17, 2013

austinite04 wrote:

GTA Digital PRE-ORDERS Should have been allowed to download this morning... it's 36 GB... it will take all of the 17th to download it...

Sound like its your problem.. My friend.. 

Message 50 of 50 (125 Views)