Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3199 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2014

AnimeDreama wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but nobody cares about the cast? People like Nolan North, Ashley Johnson, Ashley Scott, Troy Baker, W. Earl Jones, Merle Dandridge, Jeffrey Pierce, and Anna Wersching star in this game and you say nobody cares about them? On the contrary, these are fairly well known actors and actresses, and I think I speak for a fair amount of people when I say that plenty of us do care.


No one cares about the cast not because they have well known video game actors voicing for them means people care for them.
Outside of Joel & Ellie who else did you have a connection with & when they died did you care?
Where as in Uncharted the entire cast were likeable & each of them has their own little following amongst the fanbase, same can't be said for TLOU cast.
Message 41 of 68 (117 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/25/2014
Offline
27 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014
It all depends on how you define what makes a game great. If for you its the story then yes, this is one of the best games ever made.

The gameplay itself on the other hand seemed a tad repetitive. For some reason it felt as if Pittsburgh was the worst with this, at least for me anyway.

Its a good game, but Naughty Dog and others have done better in my opinion.
Message 42 of 68 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/03/2013
Offline
2040 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014
No ico and shadow of the collosus. Are 8]
Message 43 of 68 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/03/2013
Offline
145 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014

I really liked Henry and Sam, and was devestated and shocked when Sam turned into Infected and Henry committed suicide, because they were both excellent characters and had potential for much growth. I connected with Henry because I know the responsibilities of protecting and caring for a younger sibling, and the challenges that come with that. On a personal level, I know exactly what Henry went through to keep his brother safe. 

 

For the longest time, I did not have a home to call my own. I moved from place to place, and with two younger brothers in tow, I had to do my best to keep them fed amd safe, and it was a lot of work. I know what it's like to wonder when my next meal will be, or if my brothers will be fed at all. 

 

I empathized with Henry and Sam.

I'm just a casual gamer that lives a proactive PlayStation lifestyle

http://i.imgur.com/EfvdVS7.png
Message 44 of 68 (102 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 12/13/2012
Online
9859 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014
I'm sorry but saying TLOU has a forgettable cast of characters is just plain silly. There isn't one character from TLOU that people don't know if they've played the story.

Every character was colorful and interesting. And come on, comparing Uncharted's cast to TLOU's is a but unfair isn't it? They've had 3 games to expand on those characters' relationships. Although TLOU made me care for it's characters with just one game.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 45 of 68 (99 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/29/2011
Offline
3796 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2014

I wouldn't say that it's the best, but it's really good. SP is great, but MP on the other hand.. yuck.







Message 46 of 68 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/10/2011
Offline
2023 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014

nasrulez wrote:
I'm sorry but saying TLOU has a forgettable cast of characters is just plain silly. There isn't one character from TLOU that people don't know if they've played the story.

Every character was colorful and interesting. And come on, comparing Uncharted's cast to TLOU's is a but unfair isn't it? They've had 3 games to expand on those characters' relationships. Although TLOU made me care for it's characters with just one game.

Completely agreed. For such a short amount of time, they really made me care about the character (Sam, Henry Tommy, etc)

young beard signature
Message 47 of 68 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/02/2013
Offline
1461 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

BoobooJones wrote:

I think it's up there. As far as Naughty Dog games go, an argument could be made that it's better than Uncharted 2.


I'd say more than an argument.  Uncharted 2 was a great game, but it simply doens't even compare to The Last of Us.


You're right because Uncharted 2 is miles better.


Now you're just being silly as that is rediculous. 

Message 48 of 68 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3199 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014

nasrulez wrote:
I'm sorry but saying TLOU has a forgettable cast of characters is just plain silly. There isn't one character from TLOU that people don't know if they've played the story.

Every character was colorful and interesting. And come on, comparing Uncharted's cast to TLOU's is a but unfair isn't it? They've had 3 games to expand on those characters' relationships. Although TLOU made me care for it's characters with just one game.

Eddy Raja - Was in one game

Flynn - Was in one game 

Lazarevic - Was in one game 

Talbot - Was in one game 

Charlie - Was in one game 

 

When people talk about TLOU, David, Sam, Tess are never mentioned. 

Message 49 of 68 (81 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3199 posts
 

Re: (SPOILERS) The Last of Us: Best PS Game Ever Made?

Mar 17, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

BoobooJones wrote:

I think it's up there. As far as Naughty Dog games go, an argument could be made that it's better than Uncharted 2.


I'd say more than an argument.  Uncharted 2 was a great game, but it simply doens't even compare to The Last of Us.


You're right because Uncharted 2 is miles better.


Now you're just being silly as that is rediculous. 


Because people aren't allowed to like Uncharted 2 more than TLOU right? LOL

 Uncharted 2 trumps the TLOU for me  in everything except story. it's a better game, better cast, better more versatile, interesting & FUN gameplay, the pacing is way better & the multiplayer alone makes it better than TLOU. 

Message 50 of 68 (80 Views)