Highlighted
Jul 05 2012
By: swordsman298 First Son 3 posts

SaGa Frontier available on PS Store please?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 3515 views Edited Jun 15, 2014

I want to see SaGa Frontier come out of hiding and it must be for sale on PlayStation Store... It has been years since I last played it and ever since I bought my Playstation 3 I have been seeking this game out... I hope that when this is read that someone will agree with me and support to have this game put on the network.

updated title for clarification, added labels -FluffyKitty_0256

Message 1 of 14 (3,515 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Re: SaGa Frontier

Jul 8, 2012

Not sure what the odds are that SaGa Frontier will make it to the PSN Store. That's really not up to Sony and in the hands of Square-Enix, the owner of the IP. 

I played SaGa Frontier yeeeeears ago and didn't particularly care for the game. Though I always wanted to go back and give it another shot. I saw a complete game (game, manual and jewel box) for sale at a local game store a while back for around $20 which is a steal. So if it doesn't come up for sale on the PSN I'm sure used copies are relatively affordable. 

Message 2 of 14 (3,511 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jul 22, 2012

I dunno why htey dont add it. All it could do is make them money. Stop adding such CRAP games and lets get some goodones. Also the ps2 lineup is just embarassing.

Message 3 of 14 (3,497 Views)
MVP Support
7106 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Not sure what the odds are that SaGa Frontier will make it to the PSN Store. That's really not up to Sony and in the hands of Square-Enix, the owner of the IP. 

I played SaGa Frontier yeeeeears ago and didn't particularly care for the game. Though I always wanted to go back and give it another shot. I saw a complete game (game, manual and jewel box) for sale at a local game store a while back for around $20 which is a steal. So if it doesn't come up for sale on the PSN I'm sure used copies are relatively affordable. 

That's pretty much how I felt about it as well.  I still have the game but never went back to it; I had played maybe 2 hours.  It's very open ended and I just got stuck and frustrated.

There's some hope of it coming here as the PS1 classic is available in Japan (but so is a lot of stuff that we don't have).

Message 4 of 14 (3,489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 30, 2012

Absolutely loved this game, and have been waiting a long time for it to come to PSN. There is always hope.

Message 5 of 14 (3,482 Views)
Sackboy
638 posts

Aug 1, 2012
This game is so addictive. I still remember some characters name "Red" and "Blue"; some of them related one another in the story. This game requires a good strategy to defeat final boss from each character and some of the endings are awkward.
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 6 of 14 (3,475 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 11, 2012
I've been waiting anxiously for this to happen. This game was one of my first RPG experiences and stands as one of my personal favorites of all times. All the characters, the musical score, the art, the whole game just resonates with my childhood memories. If there was a way to find/create a petition to get this added, I'd be there.
Message 7 of 14 (3,421 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Oct 25, 2012
One of my all-time favorite games! The battle system is fun and deep, and the variety of worlds and races is amazing. I still have my PS1 disc, but I really want it on the PSN so I can play it on my Vita!
Message 8 of 14 (3,370 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2012

However unlikely it may be, I am 100% behind this game receiving a digital release (and some much-needed attention). SaGa is easily my favorite RPG series.

Message 9 of 14 (3,190 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 15, 2014

This game needs to be out.  SaGaFrontier and Suikoden II both need to be part of the American PSN network games, they are the only two ineed to once again have all my favorite RPGs from the PS1 era.

Message 10 of 14 (2,170 Views)
0 Likes