Jul 09 2013
By: Artfuldead I Only Post Everything 999 posts

Save the trees?

6 replies 92 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

I miss the thick instruction manuals that would come w/ the games, and now things are going digital, I feel like I'm getting jipped XD. Do any of you guys miss the packed games?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9996 posts

Re: Save the trees?

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

they've built them into the game with tutorials in early levels.....so no. 

besides there isnt enough content/game mechanics for most games any to warrant a booklet to keep for reference

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (87 Views)
Welcoming Committee
1539 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Am I sad that they are going away from physical game manuals? No. I honestly never looked at them. However, I am a little sad that they are going away from physical discs...I realize that digital is the future and that it is cheaper and more efficient, but I still like the physical item in my possession.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2398 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I actually miss them, I remember spending time reading through every page and sometimes they add extra info on a curtain character tht wasn't mentioned in the actual game.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

"The point isn't for the game to be accessible for all, but for you to beat the game in accordance to their rules" - Admiralvic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (75 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

Games barely come with manuals anymore.  Some games have an identical digital copy of their physical manual.  Run the game, press the PS button, and scroll down one from the game you are running (ie: Demon's Souls).

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

I actually miss them, I remember spending time reading through every page and sometimes they add extra info on a curtain character tht wasn't mentioned in the actual game.

They did that for a bunch of old ps1 rpgs, that would be the first thing I would do is read up on every character ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23653 posts

Jul 10, 2013

With the in game tutorials, a game manual has become largely uncessary. Especially now with the web and YouTube walkthroughs.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes