Reply
Jan 26 2011
By: Yur_EpitaphAisle Lombax Warrior 110 posts
Offline

Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

30 replies 75 views Edited Jan 26, 2011

I will not be buying ONE MORE item from the PS Network.  I do not trust for one minute even my blilling info is safe anymore there...and Iv spent in the neighborhood of a grand there so far...no more til you fix this problem Lithium and youselves helped create by ignoring BLATANT suggestions that would help us have some security on our systems!!!

I cant even trust to update my games now without being OBVIOUSLY hijacked(a separate thread will discuss this).  Thanks for leaving us, your paycheck, in the wind SCEA.

BTW....Lithium, GREAT JOB AT NOTIFYING SONY ABOUT TOPICS DISCUSSING THIS FOR THREE YEARS NOW...NOT!!!

We creep...slowly past the police.
Into your hood...and its NOT all good.

Roll'n Chevy 64.
Message 1 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/08/2004
Offline
2153 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 26, 2011

What exactly are you going on about?

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 2 of 31 (75 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/10/2008
Offline
19370 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 26, 2011

LastGunslinger wrote:

What exactly are you going on about?

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger

He's disappointed with the recent security hacks and existing hacks/exploits.

I believe he feels the entire PSN is now compromised, and has these ideas about various things, one of which I think is a hijacking of game updates and possibly system updates.

It's all very interesting and amusing to read.  He has posted several times now.

Message 3 of 31 (75 Views)
First Son
Registered: 01/04/2011
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 27, 2011

I'm not too up on all this hijacking/hack stuff thats going around. So my question is and I'd appreciate non sarcastic responses, Is there any kind of a threat to systems via update, psn downloads or anything like that? I do most of my purchases via prepaid psn cards, I've erased all CC info from my acct, and I use psp and ps3 tp do updates. I also d/l via media go for my psp and d/l through the ps store on my ps3 for ps3 related stuff. I very rarely play online, mostly my wife plays LBP online occasionally and thats about the extent of that. So are my systems at any kind of serious risk and what could I do if they are to better protect myself?

Message 4 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29426 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 27, 2011

Foshmeista wrote:

I'm not too up on all this hijacking/hack stuff thats going around. So my question is and I'd appreciate non sarcastic responses, Is there any kind of a threat to systems via update, psn downloads or anything like that? I do most of my purchases via prepaid psn cards, I've erased all CC info from my acct, and I use psp and ps3 tp do updates. I also d/l via media go for my psp and d/l through the ps store on my ps3 for ps3 related stuff. I very rarely play online, mostly my wife plays LBP online occasionally and thats about the extent of that. So are my systems at any kind of serious risk and what could I do if they are to better protect myself?

A serious question deserves a serious answer; Nobody really knows yet. In the meantime, just use some common sense. It looks like you've already take some precautions.

I, like yourself, wishes I had more information. So far we just don't know.

Message 5 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/24/2010
Offline
110 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 27, 2011

Some dude posted a Youtube video exposing the private key for the PS3, which also affects the PSP respectively.  This will, for the time, allow someone with illicit intent to access parts of your system not usually accessible.  Sony did a decent job with that part they just failed to protect the user end.  More concerned with people saving thier games to USB sticks and such then dealing with code that was ALREADY being tested on some.  SEARCH THE FORUMS, THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE.  I would have loved to be able to not have EVERY game I play on the same HDD over system malfunction possibilities and such.  Right now, it takes me an entire day with a PHAT internet pipe(50 Mbps up 50 Mbps down) to download, then install add-ons, then update my games I have that many.  Yet even doing that I was already comprimised, you can read another of my threads concerning that.

Iv already recieved email from the name of of one of my accounts to the email this account is registered to.  While that may be coincidence, I find that conclusion unlikely.  It WAS NOT a common name.  Also, the email had a VERY nasty trojan embedded into it.  I think Im not going to chance it.  Wth everything Im dealing with that DOES NOT MAKE SENSE, Sony can kiss any more moeny I have to send them goodbye...or fix this now.  Iv spent alot in good faith, to include a $1500 tele to game on.  What have they done...NOTHING, excpet take functions my PS3 had when I bought it away...completly 180 on their supposed company values concerning backwards compatibility.  And I still had faith in them...shame on me. 

No more....I cant even load the games Iv paid for without being jak't!!!

We creep...slowly past the police.
Into your hood...and its NOT all good.

Roll'n Chevy 64.
Message 6 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29426 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 27, 2011

Bro, relax. They are protecting the user. It's going to take them to time to counter this. What the system keys do is match the game to the system. Playing the "outraged gamer card" isn't helping your case any. It makes you come off as having a knee jerk reaction.

Has it ever occurred to you boot up your games OFFLINE?

Message 7 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 03/17/2007
Offline
31186 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 27, 2011

Lithium has nothing to do with these forums or Sony

Message 8 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2008
Online
12004 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 27, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

LastGunslinger wrote:

What exactly are you going on about?

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger

He's disappointed with the recent security hacks and existing hacks/exploits.

I believe he feels the entire PSN is now compromised, and has these ideas about various things, one of which I think is a hijacking of game updates and possibly system updates.

It's all very interesting and amusing to read.  He has posted several times now.

please Solar, don't forget his claims of hacks, by way of the data being transferred over the audio channels in our ps3s.

Message 9 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/29/2007
Offline
2438 posts
 

Re: Say Goodbye To My Money Sony!!!

Jan 28, 2011

security problems are not PSN realted but PS3.... those are two different things

Message 10 of 31 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes