Nov 13 2013
By: darkforcegod Gaming Beast 2020 posts

Saying good bye to my dear friend, PS3.

19 replies 440 views Edited Nov 13, 2013

I am here playing this last 2 nights I have with my PS3.  I wont get rid of him but I am going to put him away so I can play PS4.  I look at it and see all the good memories, so many games, videos, laughs and cries, screams of anger and joy, the waiting for new games, and the most important of all via this PS3 I met the girl I love which is my girlfriend and best friend for more than 2 years.  I cannot express the feeling enough.  I remember the first time I touched a PS system.  It has been 13 years since my first PSOne console.  I havent stop playing and wont stop anytime soon maybe never until I die in real life because I have died so many times in games but I always get up and try it again.  I remember opening the boxes with that new thing smell and shiny controller.  

I remember the first reason I wanted a PS3 and that was Metal Gear Solid 4 GOP.  The first trailer I saw I knew I wanted that system and you know what despite all the problems, the hacking in 2011, the delayed games and more things I will never forget.  I know that this may seem odd or stupid but I have been a gamer since very little and I have deep feelings toward gaming.  Gaming is my sport, my hobby, my life and for me I dont think that any car, any big mansion, beach, drug, alcohol or any other material thing can give me the joy and happiness that PlayStation has given to me for so many years.  

Now with this new generation starting so soon I will try harder I will become a better gamer and not because of lots of platinums or completed or bought games but with having the feeling that with every game I put inside my PS4 I will feel good and will not be ashamed of what I am.  I am a Gamer and saying goodbye to something you love is never easy but life goes on.  I will miss it and I know that even at least one of you can relate to this thread almost essay.  

I hope you all enjoy your PS4 and give to it all the warm of your hands by playing as the men and women that we are, the people that make this possible is us because if it wasnt for me and you we wouldnt have a new generation.

Happy Nex Gen and long live the PlayStation Family.  Thanks Sony never doubted you and buying from you has been a pleasure.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 1 of 20 (440 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Saying good bye to my dear friend, PS3.

Nov 13, 2013

Personally, I won't be giving up my PS3 just because I have a PS4. There's still games coming out on the PS3, that aren't coming to PS4 (at least not right now.)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster being one of those. Plus, GTA V still has a lot of life left in it on the PS3. So, I'll be sticking to this console just for that game specifically. Looking forward to the PS4 of course, but there's still some life left in the PS3. So, I'm going to enjoy it while it last.

I think the reason I got a PS3 a few years back, was because my brother had already one. I remember him playing it a lot, which also got me curious into the system. I've always had a gaming console, as long as I can remember. Before there was an Xbox, I had all the Playstation consoles in their times. I just recently gave away my PS2 slim to my cousin though, since he was really looing for one. I've had a lot of ups and downs with the PS3. A lot of freezings, and I've had to restore this current console at least 4 times. Probably due to Playstation home destroying my harddrive. Though, I wouldn't trade the experience I've had with Sony over the years for nothing.

The PS4 will bring in a lot of new faces, and old faces as well. It'll be an interesting time for gaming. Let's make the best of it.

Message 2 of 20 (420 Views)
Gaming Beast
2020 posts

Nov 13, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Personally, I won't be giving up my PS3 just because I have a PS4. There's still games coming out on the PS3, that aren't coming to PS4 (at least not right now.)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster being one of those. Plus, GTA V still has a lot of life left in it on the PS3. So, I'll be sticking to this console just for that game specifically. Looking forward to the PS4 of course, but there's still some life left in the PS3. So, I'm going to enjoy it while it last.

I think the reason I got a PS3 a few years back, was because my brother had already one. I remember him playing it a lot, which also got me curious into the system. I've always had a gaming console, as long as I can remember. Before there was an Xbox, I had all the Playstation consoles in their times. I just recently gave away my PS2 slim to my cousin though, since he was really looing for one. I've had a lot of ups and downs with the PS3. A lot of freezings, and I've had to restore this current console at least 4 times. Probably due to Playstation home destroying my harddrive. Though, I wouldn't trade the experience I've had with Sony over the years for nothing.

The PS4 will bring in a lot of new faces, and old faces as well. It'll be an interesting time for gaming. Let's make the best of it.

Kudo to that. :smileyhappy: so many good and bad memories but that is all part of being a gamer and a human being hehe.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 3 of 20 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 14, 2013
It's been a long time with my ps3 and it's kinda sad seeing it go away but I'll still keep it to much good memories :,)
[img]http://www.pixeantes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/gta-v-mf3-256197.jpg[/img]
Message 4 of 20 (389 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33394 posts

Nov 14, 2013

my PS3 wont be going anywhere for a while. still a few games coming out i need to get and play.

Message 5 of 20 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7047 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

Since PS4 IS NOT backwards compatible, my PS3 ain't going anywhere, anytime soon. Maybe down the road when PS4 starts getting some good RPGs or the Gaikai game streaming thing starts next year, I might think about putting my PS3 in the attic with my PS2 and PS1. But until that day comes, PS3 will be front and center in my living room. :smileytongue:

giphy.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 6 of 20 (367 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8738 posts

Nov 14, 2013

I hope the PlayStation 4 will give you something out of it with the perks it has to offer, Darkforce. I am simply not going to stop playing my PlayStation 3 for a next-gen one because there are plenty of exclusive and multiplatform titles that are on my wish list.

Message 7 of 20 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Nov 14, 2013

i still play my ps2 online. so no i wont be saying goodbye to my ps3

KZMProductionsGT
Message 8 of 20 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Same here although my first console was ps2 when I was 9 ( IM 18 now) loved it then, then got the ps3 in 2009 love since then as well.

Getting ready to get this ps4 and have many more funny moments online with random people in this playstaion community. 

Message 9 of 20 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 14, 2013

I won't be saying good-bye. The announcment that the PS4 won't support 3D Blu Ray and CDs means the PS3 will still be my central media hub.

Message 10 of 20 (329 Views)
0 Likes