Mar 07 2014
By: fastpacedaction Lombax Warrior 215 posts

Scripting exists, EA continue to lie to customers

[ Edited ]
7 replies 888 views Edited Mar 8, 2014

I'm starting to wonder how EA cons their customers into buying their unfinished and poorly developed sports titles. Handicap and scripting clearly exist although not to the extent that some will exclaim. I don't want to watch a video game, I want to play it.You'll even get banned from the forums for even mentioning gameplay issues.

EA are absolutely the worst company that has ever made video games and it's utterly embarrassing.Too bad they will continue to make millions and will never fix issues that have been in the games for years. Is anyone else tired of getting scammed EA? I know I am.

Edit: Updated Labels. Please check out Labels Best Practices in PS General!

Edit: Fixed formatting issues, edited title and  added line break

Message 1 of 8 (888 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15924 posts

Re: Scripting Exists, EA Continue To Lie To Customers

Mar 8, 2014

Stop playing sports games if you know there is an issue with them.... just sayin

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 2 of 8 (868 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2162 posts

Mar 8, 2014

The only way to punish them is to speak with your wallet and stop buying games made by EA. If you truely have a problem with EA, than you need to stick you guns no matter how the game may seem.

Message 3 of 8 (862 Views)
Fender Bender
3071 posts

Mar 8, 2014

fastpacedaction wrote:
I'm starting to wonder how EA cons their customers into buying their unfinished and poorly developed sports titles. Is anyone else tired of getting scammed EA? I know I am.

It's a combination of jellyfish, monopoly, indifference, and marketing. 

ExMimic pretty much summed up the rest. I started boycotting EA after BF3.

ExMimic wrote:

The only way to punish them is to speak with your wallet and stop buying games made by EA. If you truely have a problem with EA, than you need to stick you guns no matter how the game may seem.

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 4 of 8 (811 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Mar 8, 2014
Lol this thread
Message 5 of 8 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

Mar 8, 2014

I haven't bought an EA sports game since like Madden 2005 and NBA Street V3.

I played madden 2004 the most  of the Maddens I've bought and the scriptng was pretty clear. I actully saved like 3 plays on the memory card of the worst ones. The all time worse was when I stripped the ball and 6 of my guys were near the ball and all dove in a pile on it. The ball never latched on to any of them and after like 5 seconds the ball trickled out of the pile to the one guy even in the area from the other team (the guy riginally stripped of the ball).

As I reviewed numerous replays of the BS moments it appears there is some kind of magnet factor where the higher the difficulty the more fumbled balls draw towards the computer player. I usually play on all-pro but as my "EA level" build it keeps making the difficulty harder and by difficulty I mean it makes the scripted events for more frequent. Like a play when Trun Candidate (one of the weakest running backs in the game) broked like 10 tackles before runnig for a touchdown  even though it was a fantasy draft league where I stacked my defense with top guys and picke dmy offense last.

I don't know how the new games work but in the PS 2 madden I have ( 04 and 05) it seems once your "madden level" gets up to like 100+ The computer players are all accelerating at 99, jumping at 99,awareness at 99, and their hands are 99. I'll have the best cornerbacks and safeties in the game and they'll drop multiple balls they step in front of where as the computer can have a bunch of 60 to 70 rated corners who pick everything they touch. I've also watched the defense trace the routes of the play I call so that they are already cutting before my receiver even made the cut.

The problem with EA is they're a very arrogant company. A good company would make various skill settings and then get out of the way and let the players decide how they want to play. That's not EA though. EA feels this strong sense that you should play it the way they want you to play it instead of the way you want to play it. If I pick the fastest defensive line in the game and start getting a lot of sacks the quarterbakcs start chucking the ball before I can sack them without their arm even moving. It just shoots right out of them if I get there before they have a chance to throw. Another favorite is when I injure a starting QB who was rated like 95 and his 68 rated backup comes in and passes for like 400 yards passing through my top ranked defense who rarely play defense unless the ball is right in their path. The computer CB will swarm as soon as the ball is thrown but your guys even if they have 99 awareness will be dumbfounded most of the time and only react after the ball already reached the receiver.

The catch 22 though is that even with all this bs I still usually smoke the comp so on the one hand I want to feel like I'm playing a legit unscripted game but on the other hand if all the BS was removed I'd be beating them by like 100 points per game instead of like 50. It's not really an enjoyable win though because when the madden level raises and the BS becomes obnoxious you basically end up using like 3 or 4 total plays on offense that have an exploit route the comp seems to have trouble covering and there's about the same number of defensive plays that are worth a **bleep** when the comp gets into BS mode. So you're not really playing a game at that point you're just redundantly using a small handful of plays that have some routes that won't be intercepted.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 6 of 8 (786 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Re: Scripting exists, EA continue to lie to customers

Mar 8, 2014
well I enjoy madden and since theyre isn't another game out that is NFL I will continue to buy it. same goes for hockey or battlefield
Message 7 of 8 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Re: Scripting exists, EA continue to lie to customers

Mar 8, 2014

I bought the game every year during 20 years, I sold my nhl 14 1 month after de release date!
I'm too tired of that 'sheet' !

Combined with the worst servers I've ever seen, I don't even have fun anymore!

Message 8 of 8 (692 Views)
0 Likes