Sep 30 2013
By: jonaspsvita1 First Son 9 posts

Should I get ps3 now or wait for ps4

5 replies 764 views Edited Sep 30, 2013
Ps3 price going down and some come with few games free in package . But ps 4 price a bit more but still not to bad . But ps4 games now not really much I 'd like to play 5555 i mean I do like some of its. What's made me want to get ps3 because of GTA5 and other games.
is anyone know if ps4 will play all digital games from ps3 or not and when will it be? I m a plus member just for my vita and I am saving money to get a new console. And other ? Is? Is it true that some people told me not to get new ps4 until the software is settle maybe after 1 more year. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Re: Should I get ps3 now or wait for ps4

Sep 30, 2013

I would not buy a PS3, at this time, this late in the lifecycle.  Of course there are a lot of great PS3 games, but most new games will be focused on the next gen.  Even if a new game comes out on both ps3 and ps4, it will obviously be better on the PS4.  

Unless you're itching to play older PS3 games, Id wait until PS4.  Unless of course you want to pla THe Last of Us, then you gotta get a PS3.

As far as GTA 5, Rockstar would be fools to not put it on Next gen consoles, but of course theyre not going to anounce it for next gen yet because they want everyone to buy in for PS3 or 360, then they will announce it for next gen, then everyone will buy it again for PS4.  Smart (or greedy).  

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (759 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1833 posts

Sep 30, 2013

Just get a ps4.  Most of the games that are coming out on ps3 right now will be on ps4. If you absolutely have to play some of the ps3 exclusives right now, than buy that. However, Ps4 will be having Gaikai game stream from ps1-ps3 games. So buy the time that is out. buying a ps3 is irrelevant

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

Gaikai game streaming is a overhype. If you can get a good deal on the PS3 I say go for it. The Gaikai PS3 emulation will be serviceable but likely not as good as playing on the PS3 native. So get a PS3. I've tried both OnLive and Gaikai on PC and it's not a good experience compared to playing it natively. The video compression is noticeable and the input lag is also very noticeable.. Im sure you can find a good cheap ps3 if you shop around.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (732 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Sep 30, 2013

jonaspsvita1 wrote:
Ps3 price going down and some come with few games free in package . But ps 4 price a bit more but still not to bad . But ps4 games now not really much I 'd like to play 5555 i mean I do like some of its. What's made me want to get ps3 because of GTA5 and other games.
is anyone know if ps4 will play all digital games from ps3 or not and when will it be? I m a plus member just for my vita and I am saving money to get a new console. And other ? Is? Is it true that some people told me not to get new ps4 until the software is settle maybe after 1 more year. Thanks

Well, as far as I can tell, you're saying that you see several games on the PS3 you want to play and not many (yet) on the PS4 that capture your imagination.  If you pick up a PS3 new (or on eBay) you'll likely be able to grab enough games to keep you busy while the PS4 builds up its library.  With that in mind, sounds like the PS3 would suit you just fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9581 posts

Sep 30, 2013

jonaspsvita1 wrote:

Get a PS3 if you want to play GTA5 and whatever else is coming out for it. I personally would rather get a PS3 over a PS4 just cause of the games you can only play on PS3 and not on PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (693 Views)
0 Likes