Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4158 posts

Re: Should I wait to buy a PS Vita

Apr 28, 2013

Brrnout wrote:

I am waiting personally. If you like the ideas about playing your PS4 on your Vita at home than I would get it than. That feature sounds great which is why I may get it then myself. For the time being however, there does not seem to be enough incentive to get one. Not enough games, or content. Sony did state though that this year a lot of Vita games are coming so perhaps it may be worth it sooner than you think.

For the time being, I would wait.

Cheers, Brrnout

^This

I'm with Brrnout. I'm also in the mind set of "I've already gone this long without buying one, so I might as well wait a little longer."

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 48 (253 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Thanks all. Originally, I was not planning on buying a PS Vita. I felt it was way too expensive and I did not like its proprietary memory cards. But when I saw the PS4 press conference, I had second thoughts about the Vita. Thus, I was planning on buying it whenever I get a PS4 in the next few years. But as I was doing research into the Vita, I started wanting it now. I only play fighting games and I saw the amount of fighting games the Vita have makes me want to get it. Plus, the PSP and PSOne lib is enough for me. But now that the Vita is one year out, I was thinking that Sony may either refresh it with a price cut or new design change. My brain is saying wait until E3 before make the purchase. I do not need any bundle because any games that I am interested in will not be bundle. Currently, I am not a PS+ user and probably won't become one until the PS4. I guess I should wait until E3 and not get my hopes up. What I really want is a large internal storage of like either 32 or 64GB.

Rohan Mayers
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 48 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I doubt we'd see a new model anytime soon especially with how low the sales are for PS Vita
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 48 (226 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1185 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

gohan16ken wrote:

Thanks all. Originally, I was not planning on buying a PS Vita. I felt it was way too expensive and I did not like its proprietary memory cards. But when I saw the PS4 press conference, I had second thoughts about the Vita. Thus, I was planning on buying it whenever I get a PS4 in the next few years. But as I was doing research into the Vita, I started wanting it now. I only play fighting games and I saw the amount of fighting games the Vita have makes me want to get it. Plus, the PSP and PSOne lib is enough for me. But now that the Vita is one year out, I was thinking that Sony may either refresh it with a price cut or new design change. My brain is saying wait until E3 before make the purchase. I do not need any bundle because any games that I am interested in will not be bundle. Currently, I am not a PS+ user and probably won't become one until the PS4. I guess I should wait until E3 and not get my hopes up. What I really want is a large internal storage of like either 32 or 64GB.

You would be wise to wait until after E3.  I can with almost 100 percent certainty assure you that Sony will announce a new model and/or price drop for the Vita at E3.  

If you check stock in your local area and on the internet stock is very low on the WiFI only model.  Sony has not been shipping them out because they are clearing out the old inventory in preparation for the new model.  If you don't believe me look for yourself at your local stores or online.  The Vita is in VERY short supply right now because the current model is being phased out.  

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 48 (213 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Apr 28, 2013

What do you think the new model may have?

Rohan Mayers
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 48 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2465 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Wait for E3 to see is there will drop the price and more games are announced. Right now, I wouldn't advice somebody to buy a PSV because I don't see much support from Sony at all~.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 48 (201 Views)
Sackboy
464 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Lol, the Vita flopped and you expect a new model?! LMAO!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 48 (199 Views)
PlayStation MVP
138 posts

Apr 28, 2013
The Vita is anything but a flop. It's still very young in its life cycle and sales have been improving the past few months and out selling the Nintendo 3DS over in japan. Games like Soul Sacrifice that comes out this week and Killzone this fall will help. Then you add PS 4 functionality to boot! I see a bright future for the Vita its just getting warmed up. Anyone that's a haiter to the Vita has obviously not spend any quality time with this handheld.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 48 (189 Views)
Wastelander
684 posts

Apr 28, 2013

gohan16ken wrote:

Greetings,

Does anyone know if a PS Vita refresh/update is on its way either for E3 or the holidays? I want to buy one now but I will be **bleep** if a new one comes out right after. Is it ok to buy now or should I wait until E3? Thanks.

I'd personally just hold off until after E3.  I don't think they will announce anything "new" regarding hardware or anything, but there might be a price drop on the system.  So it'd be pretty lame to purchase it right now, only to wait two months later and have it for $50 - $100 less....

the only thing that is for certain which would not matter is if they only reduce the price on memory.  If this is the case, then go ahead and buy it now since the price will be the same. 

Only problem is the unknown.  Don't know what they are going to announce, but if it were me I'd play it safe for right now.  Especially if you are going to buy it regardless.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 48 (175 Views)
Survivor
2465 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

XxSolidsnakexX wrote:
The Vita is anything but a flop. It's still very young in its life cycle and sales have been improving the past few months and out selling the Nintendo 3DS over in japan. Games like Soul Sacrifice that comes out this week and Killzone this fall will help. Then you add PS 4 functionality to boot! I see a bright future for the Vita its just getting warmed up. Anyone that's a haiter to the Vita has obviously not spend any quality time with this handheld.

It's entirely the opposite. Sales have gotten worse. It outsold the 3DS once and now  it's back to 14k PSVs vs 70k 3DS. Overseas the sales are depressing with the PSV unable to do more than 8k both in America and Europe~.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 48 (161 Views)