Fender Bender
2565 posts

Re: Should Sony consider an unused account purge?

Feb 17, 2014
Lax. I would die if my MAG trophies were gone.

It reminds me of the days when I would spend countless hours on a game with so many people from Japan....
Message 31 of 52 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2565 posts

Feb 17, 2014
Oh, and I was so mad when someone else took pinktoe!
And someone else also took pink_toe so that made me double mad lol

But I now really like my name because the symbol at the end looks like a toe sticking out_
Message 32 of 52 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1158 posts

Feb 17, 2014

pinktoe

i honestly wouldnt care if they were gone, i have so many memories from that game i dont need the trophies to remind me of those epic moments we all shared . Smiley Sad feeling nostalgic all of sudden now :'(

My many MAG alts:
LAXfrEEk880, LAX-8-, laxbro-8-, L--A--X-_-V, G-R-i-M-Z-z-_-V and SchaeFeR__8[ps4 account so add me Smiley Happy]
Message 33 of 52 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1158 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Oh, and I was so mad when someone else took pinktoe!
And someone else also took pink_toe so that made me double mad lol

But I now really like my name because the symbol at the end looks like a toe sticking out_

see thats exactly how i was when i first made SchaeFeR__8 but angeliofideath has been attempting to create a new username for the longest time now and everytime he comes up with a good name and he tries to make it, its taken hes going crazy right now over it. so thats why i made this post

My many MAG alts:
LAXfrEEk880, LAX-8-, laxbro-8-, L--A--X-_-V, G-R-i-M-Z-z-_-V and SchaeFeR__8[ps4 account so add me Smiley Happy]
Message 34 of 52 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2565 posts

Feb 17, 2014
We'll tell me when angle of death changes his name because I want to delete his old account and send him a FR on the new one Heas going to make
Message 35 of 52 (120 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1158 posts

Feb 17, 2014

yeah you got it, ill message you when hes got it made and he actually likes it.

My many MAG alts:
Message 36 of 52 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 17, 2014

I personally don't care.

I am creative enough that even if a name that I would have liked to have, is taken - that I can simply think up another name I'd like.....

Like my forum name.... Colonel Fenris..... named after Fenris Wolf/Wulf. Old Norse name. Used in the book - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe before being revised back to Maugrim from the original writing in 1994.
Captain of the White Witch's Secret Police.

I read lots of books, so I have PLENTY of names I can use.

You guys should do the same.

Don't get so hung up on ONE name if its taken.... use your brains, and create something else.

Message 37 of 52 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13842 posts

Feb 17, 2014

They couldn't just remove people who haven't signed in for a certain amount of time. What if their PS3/PS4 died? Not everyone can just go out and get a new one immediately.

People who have an account with no trophies and never sign in though. that shows a total lack of interest in using the account and I believe it would be fair to assume they don't need it.

Message 38 of 52 (100 Views)
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
1369 posts

Feb 17, 2014
IMO, if they do this it should coincide with implementing the ability to change your PSN name. I would say they need to send emails stating the account is inactive and will be deleted as well as set a time frame for this (maybe as long as a year in advance, sending multiple emails). Pretty much get the message out there where people can find out about it and log in (if only from a web browser) to keep their accounts if they want to keep them.
Message 39 of 52 (95 Views)
PlayStation MVP
51087 posts

Feb 17, 2014

I think they should deactivate any accounts not used in the last 10 years.  

Message 40 of 52 (86 Views)
0 Likes