Oct 21 2013
By: psfanatic98 Splicer 51 posts

Should i buy the vertical stand for the ps4?

28 replies 780 views Edited Oct 21, 2013

I was looking at how the ps4 looks in the vertical stand on the ps4 mega thread and i was just wondering how safe it would be sitting in the vertical stand with children visiting every now and then, and also with the controller charging cable hooked up to it and someone possibly tripping over the cord and causing the entire system to tilt over. what do you guys think? would it be safe and a good idea to buy the vertical stand?

"This gaming is addictive you cant live without it, at times you hear them shout it "Playstation they be about it"
Message 1 of 29 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Should i buy the vertical stand for the ps4?

Oct 21, 2013

No. As I dont think it has a solid state drive... it's generally not good to have them set like that... even if they're "designed to"

Really, its not a great idea.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 29 (778 Views)
MVP Support
40615 posts

Oct 21, 2013

psfanatic98 wrote:

I was looking at how the ps4 looks in the vertical stand on the ps4 mega thread and i was just wondering how safe it would be sitting in the vertical stand with children visiting every now and then, and also with the controller charging cable hooked up to it and someone possibly tripping over the cord and causing the entire system to tilt over. what do you guys think? would it be safe and a good idea to buy the vertical stand?

I think you've answered your own question!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 29 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13135 posts

Oct 21, 2013
It looks nice standing up though
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 4 of 29 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Oct 21, 2013

I didn't know that, thanks for telling me that, i guess i wont get it now just to be safe. but whats the worst that could happen?

"This gaming is addictive you cant live without it, at times you hear them shout it "Playstation they be about it"
Message 5 of 29 (763 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Oct 21, 2013

I've always been weirded out by people who set their consoles up like that, it's just asking for trouble. Also I'm old school, I never knew anyone who set their NES up vertically.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 6 of 29 (762 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Oct 21, 2013

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

I've always been weirded out by people who set their consoles up like that, it's just asking for trouble. Also I'm old school, I never knew anyone who set their NES up vertically.

It also didn't have a design to where that looked good, nor did it make practical sense with a heavy game cartridge protruding from the top.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 29 (755 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Oct 21, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

It also didn't have a design to where that looked good, nor did it make practical sense with a heavy game cartridge protruding from the top.

Well, IMO, it doesn't look good or make any practical sense with any console ever made period. I just assume it's some new hipster kid thing to do. IDK, maybe y'all want your console to look like a PC tower or something.

Regardless of the reasons, I doubt it's worth the risk of one of these fragile consoles falling over everytime a train goes by or your dog runs into the room.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 8 of 29 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Oct 21, 2013

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

Well, IMO, it doesn't look good or make any practical sense with any console ever made period. I just assume it's some new hipster kid thing to do. IDK, maybe y'all want your console to look like a PC tower or something.

Regardless of the reasons, I doubt it's worth the risk of one of these fragile consoles falling over everytime a train goes by or your dog runs into the room.

Right, ya I do agree with you, I was just saying... That's probably why nobody would think to do it with an NES.

That started with the PS2, which I never understood. I tried it once, and the CD would always fall out when I ejected it, or it would get pinched between the tray and the side of the console on occasion. (granted these 2 problems are likely fixed since they don't use external drives anymore)

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 9 of 29 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 21, 2013

My consoles lay flat, they will always lay flat. Seems like a waste of money anyway, the stand costs almost as much as a game. The PS4 will function w/ out it so no sense in having to have it. 

Message 10 of 29 (739 Views)
0 Likes