Oct 18 2013
By: fede01_8 Sackboy 514 posts
Accepted Solution

Sick of delays and people being OK with it

[ Edited ]
158 replies 726 views Edited Mar 12, 2014

"Good, more time to polish the game" Just shut up!!

How about you make sure the game it's close to getting finished before announcing a release date? uh, it's that too much to ask? is it so hard to calculate when the game is going to be finished?

The hype will be gone by next year.

Right now, what Sony's line up has over MS's is Killzone Shadowfall. Knack only appeals to Indie and plataformers fans. If it weren't $100 more expensive the race would be much tighter, at least for non-fanboys of either consoles

edit: added label please see http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 159 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Re: I'm sick of delays and people being OK with it

Oct 18, 2013
actually yes it is. You seem incapable of grasping the fact that UNEXPECTED issues may arise in the development process.
Message 2 of 159 (724 Views)
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

"Good, more time to polish the game" Just shut up!!

How about you make sure the game it's close to getting finished before announcing a release date? uh, it's that too much to ask? is it so hard to calculate when the game is going to be finished?

Hey, I understand your pain. I'm not the guy who sits there and says those types of things, because there's no point in hyping a game and announcing it's release when they could easily just show a trailer with "Coming Soon" at the end instead of telling us it'll be out at launch when it's obviously not finished.

Message 3 of 159 (721 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Remember when GT3 released? It was a half-finished product. Tbh though, I'm fine with it. It gives them breathing room to update gamers. Don't want a half-finished game right?  

Message 4 of 159 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Army_medic75 wrote:
actually yes it is. You seem incapable of grasping the fact that UNEXPECTED issues may arise in the development process.

They had to have been working on these games way before they were announced, do you really think that 3 weeks or so before a huge console launch that all of a sudden issues come up that force a delay?

Message 5 of 159 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

Oct 18, 2013

So basically you are saying that instead of having to wait a little longer to get a finished product, you would rather they rush the game out incomplete... That you don't care about quality, you just want it fast...

To be honest you are (thankfully) part of a very small minority. People with simple common sense are more than happy to wait because they know it means they will get a BETTER product than if it was rushed...

Message 6 of 159 (708 Views)
Sackboy
482 posts

Oct 18, 2013
thats the thing about UNEXPECTED issues. You can in no way predict them. With the many games that have been shipped with huge problems. l find it quite shocking that anyone would be adverse to a dev taking the time for additional QA testing.
Message 7 of 159 (707 Views)
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Army_medic75 wrote:
thats the thing about UNEXPECTED issues. You can in no way predict them. With the many games that have been shipped with huge problems. l find it quite shocking that anyone would be adverse to a dev taking the time for additional QA testing.

Fair enough, but I think people are just upset, one side is more reasonable and sees it as you do, while others are more emotional and get upset when the game they look forward to is delayed. Both sides are within their right to say what they will.

Message 8 of 159 (703 Views)
Sackboy
514 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

So basically you are saying that instead of having to wait a little longer to get a finished product, you would rather they rush the game out incomplete... That you don't care about quality, you just want it fast...

To be honest you are (thankfully) part of a very small minority. People with simple common sense are more than happy to wait because they know it means they will get a BETTER product than if it was rushed...

YES, yes i do. Never heard of patches? Do you think that every game work flawlesly on release day/week or even month.

With less than a month for release day, do you think that the game is unplayable? C'mon, use your head

Message 9 of 159 (701 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Oct 18, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

YES, yes i do. Never heard of patches? Do you think that every game work flawlesly on release day/week or even month

Then half of PS General would be complaints about how they released a broken game and how everyone wants their money back for having to endure such an atrocity.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 10 of 159 (694 Views)