Jul 14 2012
By: SQUIDWARD360 Sackboy 650 posts

So is this what the Vita has come to

[ Edited ]
43 replies 752 views Edited Jul 14, 2012

Every other thread seems to be

"is (insert random game) coming to Vita?"

"(insert random game) is coming to (insert random console) but is it coming to Vita?"

"why isn't (insert random game) coming to Vita?"

or the fanboy attractions

"Where are the Vita games?" which every fanboy answers the same 3 games that are announced for the year

I loved my Vita and was taking it everywhere for months but now it is just collecting dust

Message 1 of 44 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7737 posts

Re: So is this what the Vita has come to

Jul 14, 2012

If you aren't actively finding a use for anything you buy, it's not the device's fault.

Of course, we can suggest all the games we can think of, all the uses we can think of, but if you don't find a use for your own stuff, then it's just going to collect dust.

Message 2 of 44 (736 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jul 14, 2012

im waiting for somemore games i only have RBS and it bites for a FPS ! so i have 1 game and a couple minis, but i also use youtube internet twitter skype msg app party app . there is things to do on the vita mine never collected dust cuz there is always something o do on it even ifthe games dont make you happy. i except all dust collcting items!!!

http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 3 of 44 (727 Views)
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 14, 2012
What you have to understand is the whole "When is...?" or "Is it...?" questions are typical for any new hardware. We went through this same old song and dance with the PS2, PS3 and PSP within the first year or 2. This is also typical with the competition. So has it come down to what you asked, technically, no, only because it's expected. The PS Vita has only been around for 5 months and developers are still new to this particular technology. If we're still asking these questions in a year from now or beyond, then yes, it has come down to it and we can worry, but just a little.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 4 of 44 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Jul 15, 2012
Message 5 of 44 (596 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Jul 15, 2012
I use my Vita but not for games since it is lacking right now. Everything decent is in development and isn't coming until November.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 6 of 44 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jul 15, 2012

LMAo, another moron. Hiow many launch devices have you owned? The 3ds was in even worse shape, Ps3 took 2 years.... They just released Gravity rush, MGS collection. Ragnarok obyssesy, Asscreed, Madden, COD are coming in just a few months just to name  a couple. Research before buying a system at alunch, vita actually has one of the better game lineups at luanch for any device.

Message 7 of 44 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
650 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012
moron, I think it's time to get past the launch lineup and look towards the future. the future is bleak. You basically gave the fanboy answer I gave in my post.
Message 8 of 44 (482 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12732 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Hasn't the future of every other handheld/console a bit after launch, seemed bleak?

I remember when the 3DS came out, that people were like "3DS is fail, it will die" blah blah blah

All those haters are gone now.

The only place that the Vita's future is bleak is Japan (the thing barely sells there).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 44 (473 Views)
Sackboy
456 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Your disappointment is totally normal and understandable. There is certainly not an abundance of compelling titles, though there are several good ones available now and many more available during the course of this year. Vita launched in the US roughly five months ago, and for a launch/short post-launch window, there have been some pretty nifty games! We got MGS HD collection, Disgaea 3, Gravity Rush, Dynasty Warriors Next (though that is disliked by some; it's a niche type of game), and Touch My Katamari, to name a few. 

You're right, though. However, it's to be expected for a console or device near launch to be a little thin on content. But it will definitely improve over time. In 2013, especially!

Message 10 of 44 (467 Views)
0 Likes