Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 11 2013
By: ACE_GROOOVY Lombax Warrior 100 posts

So sick of Fall releases for everything

14 replies 230 views Edited May 11, 2013

Many people who are out of college etc have the summer free. Why am I not playing GTA V this summer on my PS4? 

Everyone releases their best stuff in the Fall but half of it is ignored because no one has the time or money to get it all at once. COD started the Fall to Fall trend but everyone now follows along like sheep. I'm busy in the Fall and I don't need the Holiday Season to want to buy something. That is all.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5366 posts

Re: So sick of Fall releases for everything

May 11, 2013

Get The Last of Us. It comes out in June. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (224 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24384 posts

May 11, 2013

Unless you have the ability to designate a major gift giving holiday somewhere around July, then it's going to stay this way.

Everyone else is going to be out enjoying the summer weather. Why not do the same? There's going to be a time when you'll look back and WISH you had the time off you do now. Take advantage of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (218 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10980 posts

May 11, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V actually is a Summer release. Since the Summer ends in late September, you can count Grand Theft Auto V as an item of late Summer arrival. Another thing to keep in mind is that Grand Theft Auto V is not coming to the PlayStation 4. You'll have to hang onto your PlayStation 3 for that one.

The trend of huge Holiday releases has always been around, though. It didn't start with Call of Duty. In fact, over the past generation games have had their release dates changed in order to not compete directly with Call of Duty's rise in prominence.

Not all big games release during the Holidays. Except for a portion of the series, God of War has always hung onto its March date. Grand Theft Auto IV before the fifth one came out in April 2008. Super Mario Sunshine was an August release. Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out in the month of May. Heck, Gears of War: Judgment shipped this past March.

There are most certainly games that litter the rest of the year, and Summers too. This Summer in particular will not only play host to Grand Theft Auto V but it will have the likes of Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Tales of Xillia. Being a late comer to the Spring lineup, we'll also have The Last of Us launching a few weeks from now. If you're open to them, there are indeed other gaming options available.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (214 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2310 posts

May 11, 2013
Although you might need the Holiday Season, the companies do. That's when they make a big part of their sales as people buy a lot games to give to friends and relatives.

But, I agree that as a gamer I feel at a disadvantage when I can't enjoy the games with everyone else because there are too many to play! But, a lot of choice is good too.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13950 posts

May 11, 2013

Unfortunatly, it's always been that way. Fall releases mean new games and hardware are on store shelves by the Christmas shopping season. Thus sales have a chance to be better. But, it's bad for regular game consumers, because we get way too much at once and some of us can't afford to get all those games at once. So, all you can do is save your money and plan as best you can to get the games that you really want. Don't focus on the games you can't afford, focus on the games you can afford within your game budget. Fortunatly, It's a slow game release period now, so you can start saving as soon as you possible. 

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10016 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

so games release in the fall...somehow you are able to play all of them through the winter/spring to have nothing to play in the summer?  sounds like half of the stuff you ignored in the fall is ignored forever and not picked up in the summer when you "have time"
or
you pick up & play everything through the winter/spring and dont seem to be as busy as you think to have nothing to play in the summer

either way, points for calling attention to not getting things at the most convenient times.....aka life

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (184 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

May 11, 2013

Well unfortunately while the summer is open for younger students, many older students and college students end up working during the summer. Also summer tends to be a huge travel time for people. So people aren't spending as much time at home in front of their consoles during the summer months. Some big titles will come towards the end of the summer season (i.e. Sept) but not many.

The Fall season leads up to Christmas and so late fall/early winter is where the largest amount of games are coming out so they can fight over the limited funds from Christmas shopping season, which is where they make their money. 

I personally think that's a mistake because too many good games get shoved aside because people are going for the big name games like the annual Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (175 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

May 11, 2013

with the warmer weather, it is said people go outside to enjoy it and have less time for games (I don't conform to this reasoning)

games sell better in the last 4 months of the year they say 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

May 11, 2013

Yeah, I never understood that, either. Most people who have a life are extremely busy during the usual flood of videogame releases. I would guess that the majority of these games are played by high school and college students. Working AND being a full-time student leaves very little, if any, time for games.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (155 Views)
0 Likes