Hi all. Please sticky this as I've tried it twice on two PS3's and this method works! Your feedback is appreciated!
I've figured out why the 1.05 patch won't download for some users - you need to install the game data FIRST on a PS3. The issue is that if you buy the game new, and you pop it into a PS3 where you've never played the game on before, it's gonna download the patch FIRST before installing the data, which will put you into a download error loop. So this is what you gotta do:
1. Pop in the disc & start the game. When the black screen prompts you to update to 1.05, press O to quit (instead of X to continue).
2. Let the game install the game data (if at any time it prompts you to update, DO NOT, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same download loop as you were before).
3. Make sure that you can access the game's main menu (after the game data is installed). Then, you can try to access the online multiplayer, at which point the game will prompt you to log into the PSN, and the update prompt appears again. NOW you may update.
4. This time you'll notice that there will be no hiccups - all 4 updates should download fine. There will be one last stage of installing data, which will take some time.
5. Voila, you can now play SOCOM 4!
Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"
It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
This worked for me,
Your solution is not working for me. I've been at this for 3 hours now, deleting game data, reinstalling, re downloading, I've tried installing the game data FIRST and then installing the patches, I've tried the patches first, I've tried ******* every order there is.
This is 100% UNACCEPTABLE, ZipperInteractive. I will NEVER buy another game from you again. NO ONE, at any point, ever should have to put this much work in just being able to get the game to ******* start. This is the WORST issue I've ever had with ANY game. Even Socom Confrontation, it was broken for a long time, but at least I could play it. I can't even get to point where I can play ONE single multiplayer match.