Highlighted
Apr 24 2014
By: opie211 Lombax Warrior 108 posts

Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

[ Edited ]
136 replies 3381 views Edited Apr 24, 2014

Well, I hope everyone downloaded the games to their VITA that they wanted in time.  It was clearly a mistake and now all those PS1 games and PSP Games that were newly downloadable or transferable to your PS VITA are now unable to be transferred or downloaded again. 

Myself, I have the SEGA collection (PSP) sitting my my PS VITA which I guess i can no longer delete.  I also have Crash Bandicoot.  

Good Job Sony!  Way to knock the momentum the VITA had gained the last few days.  

Mod Edit: Edited label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

Message 1 of 137 (3,381 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 24, 2014
This is a **bleep** shame, and a real insult to Vita owners on Sony's part. After all the silence, the fact that this is the response we get after everything is just terrible. Japan and Europe have had many of these games for so long and I've never heard of them having absurd issues like this. Why us? And why the silence?

As I said in the previous thread about this (when we thought the games were good), I put up a thread in the Support forum - everyone who could go there and show their support, for whatever it's worth, would be appreciated.
Message 2 of 137 (3,335 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10200 posts

Apr 24, 2014

opie211 wrote:

Well, I hope everyone downloaded the games to their VITA that they wanted in time.  It was clearly a mistake and now all those PS1 games and PSP Games that were newly downloadable or transferable to your PS VITA are now unable to be transferred or downloaded again. 

Myself, I have the SEGA collection (PSP) sitting my my PS VITA which I guess i can no longer delete.  I also have Crash Bandicoot.  

Good Job Sony!  Way to knock the momentum the VITA had gained the last few days.  

Mod Edit: Edited label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

Momentum?

It was a terrible decision of theirs, The system can do it, EU and Japan shows so. Sony always makes good hardware and bad business decisions.

Message 3 of 137 (3,328 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Just means I'm not buying anything from PSN anymore.  Not until they give a satisfactory explanation of what happened and why.  As it is, it sounds like class-action lawsuit worthy shenanigans.

It's obvious these games work, why deny people access to them?  Do you not want more money for games that have been around for ages? Don't give me that license baloney.....the games are for sale in the store.  What real difference does it make if they're played on PSP or Vita?

At least the game I got still works in my Vita, even if it no longer allows a download in the DL list.   But if I delete it from the Vita, I'll be burned out of the money I payed for it.  I guarantee you this won't happen again.   Can't get burned if I don't buy anything.

Sony can't live without our money, but I can live without their games.   I was going to buy DoA5+ for Vita this weekend (yes, I know that game is not part of the snafu), but I'm not going to buy anything now.  Not when Sony is playing games with our games like what is happening right now with this PS1/PSP to Vita deal.

Sony better make good with all this or they will have lost a PAYING customer.

I've been a gamer since Pong was a new system.
Message 4 of 137 (3,319 Views)
Welcoming Committee
10819 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Seriously Sony?! /facepalm That's a really stupid decision. What about those people who might have to redownload something if something happens to their Vita? This is just another strike against the Vita Smiley Sad. I know they want people to get the PS4, but not everyone wants a console (I do, but I won't be getting one right away). Way to scare people off.

Message 5 of 137 (3,317 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3831 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Good thing I downloaded Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron when I had the chance.

It's a shame they went back on it, though. Thought Sony made a good decision for once.

Message 6 of 137 (3,314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1761 posts

Apr 24, 2014

That is what I am going to do also Rayderism. Keep my money. I will not buy anything from psn untill they fix this. And used games from gamestop only for my vita. If they can not do this for us then we do not have to do anything for them. Treat them the same way they are treating us Gamestop needs my money also.

From here on as far as I am concerned LET THE VITA DIE. Enough is enough.

Message 8 of 137 (3,276 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5398 posts

Message 9 of 137 (3,266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Well, I hope they're actually investigating...

This is pretty much the whole reason I made that thread concerning the OS security on the Vita - because of **bleep** like this.

Think of me as the Superman of gaming. Wherever there's hate and/or trolling, I'll be there to squash those evildoers.

....And I WILL win.
Message 10 of 137 (3,244 Views)
0 Likes