Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/01/2009
Offline
229 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2014

And you know what you get when you **** with consumers?

 

ET, and http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9010-An-Industry-Of-Pitiful-Cowards

 

EDIT:  Even better:  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6244-Sonys-Begging-For-Piracy

Think of me as the Superman of gaming. Wherever there's hate and/or trolling, I'll be there to squash those evildoers.

....And I WILL win.
Message 71 of 137 (240 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 10/08/2007
Offline
6095 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2014

Tjoeb123 wrote:

And you know what you get when you **** with consumers?

 

ET, and http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9010-An-Industry-Of-Pitiful-Cowards

 

EDIT:  Even better:  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6244-Sonys-Begging-For-Piracy


Excellent links, I just hope that Sony takes the time to maybe rectify this PS1/PSP fiasco at E3. I know they saw the spike in sales, I know they saw the websites of people ecstatic over the unlocked PSP/PS1 titles, I know they saw the after effects, the disappointment, the anger, after they took it away from us once again. It is inexcuseable in how this all went down, no matter the defending and reasons. It's like having a secret brithday present given to you but then later taken away like it never happened. Sony had something here that truly could have boosted sales of software but also possibly hardware and they blew it. Customers did the same thing Sony did here, provided a reason for money exchange, now not going to provide anything either way, except we have a good explanation why and they don't...

Message 72 of 137 (231 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/01/2009
Offline
229 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 27, 2014

da1writer wrote:

Tjoeb123 wrote:

And you know what you get when you **** with consumers?

 

ET, and http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9010-An-Industry-Of-Pitiful-Cowards

 

EDIT:  Even better:  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6244-Sonys-Begging-For-Piracy


Excellent links, I just hope that Sony takes the time to maybe rectify this PS1/PSP fiasco at E3. I know they saw the spike in sales, I know they saw the websites of people ecstatic over the unlocked PSP/PS1 titles, I know they saw the after effects, the disappointment, the anger, after they took it away from us once again. It is inexcuseable in how this all went down, no matter the defending and reasons. It's like having a secret brithday present given to you but then later taken away like it never happened. Sony had something here that truly could have boosted sales of software but also possibly hardware and they blew it. Customers did the same thing Sony did here, provided a reason for money exchange, now not going to provide anything either way, except we have a good explanation why and they don't...


 

Exactly.  Hell, if I saw a PSP game available for purchase, buy it only to realize I don't have enough Memory Card space, go delete applications, and go back to the Store to find that it's not available for download anymore, you bet I'm gonna be upset.

 

But you do have to remember that 3rd party publishers are also in control via license agreements (basically giving Sony permission) to allow the games to run on the Vita.  At the same time, you're right - this really is **bleep**. At least I was able to grab Phantasy Star Portable 2 (which has been off the shelves for YEARS) so I can actually finish it.

 

Also....Thank God for Jim!  (And although the PS Vita episode of the Jimquisition I linked mainly deals with the PS1 library, it also applies to the PSP games as well.)

 

Now if only we could get Square Enix to upload the rest of their PSP games as well....

Think of me as the Superman of gaming. Wherever there's hate and/or trolling, I'll be there to squash those evildoers.

....And I WILL win.
Message 73 of 137 (219 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/12/2009
Offline
363 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2014

da1writer wrote:

Tjoeb123 wrote:

Wait, what?  SOTN don't transfer no more?  I've been able to do it before (LONG before this whole controversy happened)...?


SOTN is purchaseable actually on the Vita store, it's just hidden and you have to do a search for it (it's not in the PS1 classics section but in some other area). Metal Gear Solid 1 is tranferable but on Monday/Tuesday last week you could simply download through the Vita Store's Download List.


You are correct, I was able to access SOTN via my Vita download list. However, SOTN along with the other titles I stated are no longer able to transfer using the PS3 download method. Had I known Sony would keep taking access away I would have made vita backup files sooner. As of now I am backing up all PSone and PSP game titles that I own so I can still use them later. It should not be like this though, Sony should support its consumers. I will no longer be purchasing digital content from Sony.

Message 74 of 137 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
2115 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 28, 2014

Very good links. Enjoyed watching them. Also very true. I have never tryed to do any hacks to plastation devices. Thought about but never have. But after last week bring it on. 

If someone or anyone hacked a way to do this now I would do it in a heart beat now. Like the man said there all but begging for it to happen now. I would rather buy them again and get it the right way but it is on them now. I will start looking around and see what is available from here on.

It is your call sony if you care to call at all.

 

Message 75 of 137 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/07/2009
Offline
2394 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 28, 2014

To be fair, a month ago we were in the exact same position as we are now.  This isn't like a feature that was on the system since day 1 and they decided to take it away (leave that for the PS3 with PS2 compatibility).  This was just an issue where people were given special privilege to download games they weren't supposed to for a few days.  It was fixed, now move on.  And yes, "fixed", as in it wasn't supposed to happen and is now the way it's intended.  The developers originally signed off on their games for PS3 and PSP, not Vita (until it came out, and now we have those ones on the Vita store).

This is the same reason why songs in Rock Band get removed or don't transfer after certain games.  Licenses expire (Tokio Hotel) or don't encompass every game (Metallica).


Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 76 of 137 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
13843 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 28, 2014

goodSuM wrote:

To be fair, a month ago we were in the exact same position as we are now.  This isn't like a feature that was on the system since day 1 and they decided to take it away (leave that for the PS3 with PS2 compatibility).  This was just an issue where people were given special privilege to download games they weren't supposed to for a few days.  It was fixed, now move on.  And yes, "fixed", as in it wasn't supposed to happen and is now the way it's intended.  The developers originally signed off on their games for PS3 and PSP, not Vita (until it came out, and now we have those ones on the Vita store).

This is the same reason why songs in Rock Band get removed or don't transfer after certain games.  Licenses expire (Tokio Hotel) or don't encompass every game (Metallica).


Good point. Nintendo does this every so often in regards to games on their eshop. But to have it be such a large takedown, is a letdown, and I don't blame people for being as upset as they are. How about Europe and Japan? Why aren't their selection of games affected in a similar manner?

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 77 of 137 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
2115 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 28, 2014

But it does show how easy it would be to do and how little they are doing to make it happen. Considering how almost EVERYONE that has a vita wants to see it happen. 

Also how little us as customers that pay for this mechine to be a seccess means to them.

Message 78 of 137 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 10/08/2007
Offline
6095 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2014

goodSuM wrote:

To be fair, a month ago we were in the exact same position as we are now.  This isn't like a feature that was on the system since day 1 and they decided to take it away (leave that for the PS3 with PS2 compatibility).  This was just an issue where people were given special privilege to download games they weren't supposed to for a few days.  It was fixed, now move on.  And yes, "fixed", as in it wasn't supposed to happen and is now the way it's intended.  The developers originally signed off on their games for PS3 and PSP, not Vita (until it came out, and now we have those ones on the Vita store).

This is the same reason why songs in Rock Band get removed or don't transfer after certain games.  Licenses expire (Tokio Hotel) or don't encompass every game (Metallica).


Understandable, I know and many others that this is probably a licensing issue, I don't think anyone denies this (each region has their own types of licensing agreements as well and are different). It's just a bit unfair that NA PSN is dragging their feet to get the proper ok's to get the games certified on the Vita. One thing that did come out of this though is my perspective on this forum has changed. This whole time I've been in this forum I was about defending certain bewildering decisions by Sony, pitchforks and all sometimes. With this happing to me and others, views and opinions have changed for me. If I see a complaint thread now, I'm either going to try to help if it's a technical thing but if it's something otherwise... I'm going to at least hope for the best for those affected (ie advise twitter campaign, etc) or not comment at all. Nothing can change my view on this matter though, still a crappy situation... I was happy and willing to pay for those digital titles and getting it taken away really is upsetting, I'm sure I'm not alone. The other regions are buying and enjoying these games and we can't at all.

Message 79 of 137 (163 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/20/2013
Offline
157 posts
 

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 28, 2014
goodSuM, that would be fair if the other regions hadn't had these games for months/years with no issue. That would be fair if even as recently as THIS YEAR PS1 games weren't releasing on PSN without the ability to be played on Vitas.

Sony didn't create an issue and fix it as you imply, they fixed an issue that is only present in this region and then broke it all over again - without so much as a single word to anyone.

This IS a feature that the Vita can have - really. It is. This is absolutely not an issue of compatability. Anyone can have it right now if they pop out their memory card and change regions. This is a screwup entirely of Sony Entertainment of America.

Stop being so apologetic to Sony. This issue could be fixed and should be fixed - and if it costs them money, then fine. Japan and Europe did it, are you implying US Vita customers deserve less? If they're going to selectively deny customers access to content on the store like that, then frankly, it shouldn't be there at all. The Vita can play PSP and PS1 games - it's their job to get that in order just like every other region did, not be silent on the matter for years and then have people like you defending them for it.

They could have used the excuses (and that's all they are, excuses) you bring up within the first half year of the Vita's release. That's all. They've had over two years now to do something about it, they've had two years to at the very least address these issues, they've had over two years over releasing Vita, PSP, and PS1 games on the store, and they've had over two years over the other regions not pulling bull like this to show them how it's done.

People don't like getting yanked around and they certainly don't like it when it's a company they've supported and paid to use the products of doing it. If anyone should move on, it's apologists like you who think this behavior and treatment of their customers from Sony is even remotely acceptable.

It's not.
Message 80 of 137 (158 Views)