Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

Apr 28, 2014

It is funny how sometimes things happen in life to make us think outside the box we are in. It has happened so many times to me. I have even went back after so many years to people and apologised for it. 

You sound like a good person da1writer.

It is thoughts like that which makes us progress in life instead of being stuck in one spot for so long,

Message 81 of 137 (366 Views)
MVP Support
5923 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2014

fantasyplayer wrote:

It is funny how sometimes things happen in life to make us think outside the box we are in. It has happened so many times to me. I have even went back after so many years to people and apologised for it. 

You sound like a good person da1writer.

It is thoughts like that which makes us progress in life instead of being stuck in one spot for so long,

It's when things happen to you personally is when the thoughts you had before change. As a fellow Vita owner that went through the same situation that you and other's have last week, I fully understand where you guys are coming from unlike others who may have not have a Vita or care for classic titles we cherish.

I wanted to buy the LoK titles, I wanted to buy the Syphon Filters for PSP,  and more titles that were soooo good but I wanted to wait for my next paycheck to come in to comfortably do so. Now the opportunity is gone like many others, it ... it just makes you want to cry... 

The only thing I can do is just not buy anything Vita related unless it's given to me for free on my PS+, which I believe I will do from now on until this situation is better or fixed.

Message 82 of 137 (361 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Apr 28, 2014

Same here also. Have a good night it is third shift time. Yaaaaaa!!!!!

Message 83 of 137 (356 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2014

So ... my question here is ... did some of you pay for something you were unable to receive DUE to Sony locking down your ability to download these Vita games? If so, despite their "no refunds on digitial" thing (I believe that's what they have in place) --- I'd think you'd all be able to enter into a class action lawsuit if they are refusing to give you your money back. If you paid money and they gave you nothing in return, that's theft plain and simple. 

Message 84 of 137 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Apr 28, 2014

goodSuM wrote:

To be fair, a month ago we were in the exact same position as we are now.  This isn't like a feature that was on the system since day 1 and they decided to take it away (leave that for the PS3 with PS2 compatibility).  This was just an issue where people were given special privilege to download games they weren't supposed to for a few days.  It was fixed, now move on.  And yes, "fixed", as in it wasn't supposed to happen and is now the way it's intended.  The developers originally signed off on their games for PS3 and PSP, not Vita (until it came out, and now we have those ones on the Vita store).

This is the same reason why songs in Rock Band get removed or don't transfer after certain games.  Licenses expire (Tokio Hotel) or don't encompass every game (Metallica).

I disagree with you, The spyro and Crash PSone games were available to transfer to my Vita via the PS3 download method in the past, now that has been removed. Just like other content that Sony has removed. I noticed last week that Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure was removed from the PSN Vita store. Sure i can still get the game from my download list on my Vita for now, and ya others might not care about the game. But I care that access to content that I paid for is constantly being resricted without notice or explination. 

Message 85 of 137 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Apr 28, 2014
Actually, as far as I know, the transfer method never worked with Spyro and Crash. It worked with other games, but not those.

And unfortunately, DuckySolo, as the games do technically work on PS3s and PSPs, we still got a product - even in the case of those of us who don't even own those consoles.
Message 86 of 137 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Apr 28, 2014

They did work and I had them on my system, I never backed them up because I never thought they would be removed.

Message 87 of 137 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Apr 28, 2014

Ok; so I read through all 9 pages of this so far and I am in complete agreement that this a huge foul. It obviously has soething to do with NA licensing restrictions which you would think Sony would be chomping at the bit to overcome with the struggling state of the Vita. I love my Vita and like you I would l love to have some of these classics avaialbe to play on the go.

What hasn't been mentioned so far and I can't help but think has something to do with this restriction is PS Now. I am under the impression that PS Now is supposed to offer almost all of Sony's past library of games; if that is possible within PS Now then why would it not be direct from the PS Store (the same licensing restrictions would apply). I think something fishy is going on here and it has something to do with the soon to be released PS Now Serivce.

Message 88 of 137 (283 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Apr 28, 2014
PS Now is one service that applies to all of these consoles (they're even making it work on TVs), and it's getting focus because it's for the PS4 primarily. Sony of America has made it clear how they feel about the Vita and it's userbase, and if Now has access to those games at launch yet we still don't have them on the Vita, it just means we should be glad we're allowed to touch the scraps of the PS4 instead of have anything for ourselves.

What's worse, this Golden Week sale is probably going to make people completely forget about the horrible thing Sony's done here.
Message 89 of 137 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Apr 28, 2014

@oversevethousand 

If it's a ploy to promote PS Now, thats cruel. 

Anyone have update on Yoshida's twitter about this issue?

Reduce prices for digital edition of games permanently if it is older than 2 years.
Message 90 of 137 (237 Views)
0 Likes