Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Re: Sony Fixes PS VITA - PSP/PS1 Games Not Downloadable

May 24, 2014
@ccrogers15 (can't seem to make advanced posts on mobile devices, but whatever)

It's funny, because EU customers get to have those games, and I think JP people too (though they have Crash Bandicoot Carnival, aka Crash Bash, and we don't).
Think of me as the Superman of gaming. Wherever there's hate and/or trolling, I'll be there to squash those evildoers.

....And I WILL win.
Message 131 of 137 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

May 24, 2014
For some reason I feel like playing these games on my vita now Smiley Tongue
exadus
Message 132 of 137 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

@ccrogers15 
I didn't phrase myself good, that is what I meant to say, sorry.

If it is timed licence, shouldn't games be removed from PS3 and PSP Stores too? When TMNT Turtles in Time Re-Shelled licence expired, game was wiped from all PS Stores completely and only people that can download now it are the ones who purchased the game during the time when it was avalible which is understandable. However Crash and Spyro are not removed from any region store completely. They appear to be on all platforms in EU and JP (minus PS4), and on US, only PS3 and PSP. Which is ultimate proof that they hold licence for those games.

I called Sony and asked if I could change region of my account to EU or JP (I am sorry to compare this with company I dislike, but Microsoft for example let's people change regions of accounts every 6 months if they wish and there is no limit at all how many times they can do it as long as 6 month period passed which is fair for me), and they said they cannot do it and told me just to make new account, activate system on it, download game, swich to main account and play.

have  EU and JP Accounts and this would not be a problem if I wanted to purchase something Japanese or EU exclusive on PS3, but since Crash games are avalible on PS3 on US region, I have no reason to do it. I want it on Vita and Vita does not support account swiching like PS3 and that is the console's biggest flaw. So far, all the efforts to contact Sony and ask them regarding these games did not hlp me.

And I am sorry to have to tell this but sony is lying to customers about Crash 2:
http://us.playstation.com/games/crash-bandicoot-2-ps3-psp.html

They say it is on Vita as well (they don't say it for other Crash titles though), yet I have video proof if someone asks for it that both downloading on Vita or transfering do not work. When I try to transfer it does not detect game, and it says it cannot be downloaded on PS Vita directly, yet customer support tries to convince me I can transfer it and that I am doing it wrong.

We need to Tweet Yoshida about these things because he clearly thinks all the games should work. He once said on Twitter how did he configured controls for Spyro 1 on Vita and I know his account is US region:
http://psnprofiles.com/yosp

Message 133 of 137 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2033 posts

May 24, 2014

Not trying to be a pain or anything but nothing will ever be done about this or anything else sony does. And it is not sonys falt it will not be fixed, but gamers falt.

Gamers buy everything they slide across the table at them and then complain after they bought it. As said by many they are here for the money and if they already have yours  they do not have to worry about  complaints or fixing anything in any hurry.

Just like this incident. It happened there were lots of complaints then in a week or so nothing.

Several of us tried to get people to tweet, e mail and complain on and not buy from psn store for a time and let sony know this is the reasion so fix it. I think I have seen about five or six complaints on the store update compaired to sixty of what people are going to buy. Another person on here said the tweets and e mails were very few compaired. Even this post is almost dead.Sony probably just laughed and said it will die out and it did.

If you are going to just keep giving sony  money reguardless of how or what they do then stop complaining. It falls on deaf ears. All they understand is I get money or I do not get money.

I have been on psn store update sence it happened to tell them what I would have bought but will not because of this. Last week I was out of town but I will Be there again this week probably buy myself this time. But I will be there.

I remember when the vita came out there was no ps1 psp games on it yet. People crashed this blog page after page about it. Funny but a couple of weeks later boom there they were. Not all but a lot..

Like you hear from others on here there not swell guys or good old boys when it comes to doing good things for you. It is all about the money. And if you are giving it to them every week and buying buying everything they have.

Why are you complaining?????

Message 134 of 137 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

May 24, 2014

@fantasyplayer 

I am not buying everything they slide across the table. I am a person who dislikes most of the new games that are not Platformers so you can bet I am picky and will not just give money to Sony like that. Main reason why I purchased Vita is to be able to enjoy upcomming HD remakes on the go, superior ports like Rayman Origins and PS1 classics when I am not home. The thing they did a month before Vita arrived at my door is unacceptable. I am happy for people that got the games on Vita buy I didn't sadly Smiley Sad

I will give money to Sony only for thigs I like and not for everything.

Why am I complaining? Because today I also discovered that Crash and Spyro are the ONLY two games that cannot be downloaded or transfered to Vita. I downloaded Pandemonium on PS3 (it is listed on website to be for Vita and on Store it says it isn't):

http://us.playstation.com/games/pandemonium-ps3-psp.html

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/pandemonium-(ps3-psp)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ00232...

Crash 2 is listed same:

http://us.playstation.com/games/crash-bandicoot-2-ps3-psp.html

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/crash-bandicoot-2-(ps3-psp)/cid=UP9000-NPU...

When I connected PS Vita with PS3, Pandemonium showed and I could transfer it, yet Crash 2 was not visible on Vita. I will soon even upload video on YouTube as a proof.

This lets me believe that all PS1 Classics CAN be transfered on Vita except for Crash and Spyro. Crash and Spyro are proven to work on Vita (glitched April sale and EU and JP Stores) so why are they ignoring it? Crash is a very successful franchise and would sell millions on Vita.

Message 135 of 137 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2033 posts

May 24, 2014

I agree with with you they are very confusing about a lot of ps1 psp and psp demos on the store. Also I was not talking about you specifically I was talking about most gamers in general.  i have been around sence the first home console was sold and I have seen it go from people using this to make things happen to what it is now.

Everybody buying as is and complaining. 

But yes. I was talking about this incident and gamers in general.

Message 136 of 137 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
29 posts

May 24, 2014

Ah, I understand now.

Well, at this point all we can do is hope for best.

Message 137 of 137 (315 Views)
0 Likes