Jul 15 2014
By: Telekill I Only Post Everything 1177 posts

Sony -- In regards to PSV... You're doing it wrong.

[ Edited ]
20 replies 313 views Edited Jul 15, 2014

So according to Andrew House in one of his more recent interviews... the Vita is what...? It's a glorified PS4 accessory? Is that basically it? For those of us who spent either $250 or $300 on your handheld expecting great first party support and third party AAA games... you have turned this incredible handheld into a PS4 accessory and indie games machine right? Indie games that I can play on my pathetic smart phone?!

The best game I see coming to the PSV in the next year is The Walking Dead Season 2; a game that can be played on everything from a PS3 to a tablet to a smart phone. That's it. 

PSV is hands down the BIGGEST Playstation disappointment in the history of Playstation, and I've been with you guys since the first released in 1995. This isn't the fault of the hardware as you guys created a beast. The blame rest solely on your shoulders Sony for not supporting it. No AAA western content is why the PSV is dying here in N. America.

Here's the deal. Create some AAA content for the PSV that is more western oriented... I know you're capable of another Uncharted or an Infamous... or the PSV will be dead, not just to me but to most. Unless something changes, the PSV will be the LAST Playstation handheld I ever purchase.

Mod Edit: Removed Games & Platforms label and added Feedback & Ideas label. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 1 of 21 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Re: Sony -- In regards to PSV... You're doing it wrong.

Jul 15, 2014

Unless something changes, this will be the last PlayStation handheld ever released.

Be One With The Game.

Message 2 of 21 (292 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1029 posts

Jul 15, 2014

Um, it'll likely be the last PlayStation handheld anyone purchases period. Because it'll likely be the last they ever make.

Also, just chiming in here, but I can't help but think that Vita would been a lot better received without the smartphone revolution...

Message 3 of 21 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Jul 15, 2014

The-Sarge wrote:

Unless something changes, this will be the last PlayStation handheld ever released.

If this is how they want to manage their handhelds, then thats a good thing.

doc shady signature
Message 4 of 21 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Jul 15, 2014

I purchased the Vita because of the "free" games you can download from ps plus. All I needed was the memory card which was included in the starter pack I got. The fact that you can download decent-great games (muramasa, street fighter x tekken, uncharted, destiny of spirits etc) while having ps plus on your PS3 AND PS4 already is just a great supplement. I purchased Batman Blackgate as my first game and I haven't finished it yet because I've going back and forth through the OTHER games on the vita. It seems like you dont like to try games outside your comfort zone because there are many games (one piece, sly cooper, ragnarok ace etc) for the vita. Besides the amazing fact that it can use remote play which works super well, its more than a decent stand alone and not just an accessory. Try some games you wouldn't normally try and you may be surprised at the games out there. I agree that games such as infamous would be great on it but, I guess Sony is focusing on PS4 right now. 

Message 5 of 21 (265 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jul 15, 2014

Terror_90 wrote:

Besides the amazing fact that it can use remote play which works super well

And this is where I would totally disagree.  It doesn't work well at all.  You need a crazy good connection to remote play with no lag and even if the connection is good the button mapping is usually terrible involving that awful rear touch pad.

Message 6 of 21 (249 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1177 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2014

@Terror_90 : I agree that the PSV does well at remote play with my PS4. Heck, it's one of the big reasons I bought Tomb Raider DE when I already had the PS3 version. The problem isn't what it can do. We all know that the PSV is a system capable of full console games. The problem is that Sony and third parties refuse to create AAA games for the handheld which it desperately needs.

And me playing games outside my comfort zone? No, that's not the problem either. I've been gaming for 28 years. I have played more types of games than I'm willing to bet most here on the forums have attempted. It's plain and simple... after playing so many variations of games, I know what I like and the PSV isn't really getting anything within that realm. It makes me feel like I wasted $300 two years ago. Heck... my Sega Game Gear has more AAA games on it than what PSV does and that system was out before the term AAA existed.

Message 7 of 21 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2014

Message 8 of 21 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jul 15, 2014

The games on the vita are not the problem anymore, they are slowly begining to release better games. The real problem is the publicity that they are giving it. 

Message 9 of 21 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1177 posts

Jul 16, 2014
I agree that there has been zero publicity for the system. I'll take mine on a trip and my kids will be watching a movie on it and I'm asked often what the device is.

But yes, the lack of AAA games is a massive problem.
Message 10 of 21 (175 Views)
0 Likes