Aug 28 2013
By: glasscut Uncharted Territory 1573 posts

Sony PS4 and Online Multiplayer Cheaters.

[ Edited ]
19 replies 4251 views Edited Jun 21, 2014

I have a great concern about Sony's ability to handle and deal with cheaters on the PSN.. So far since i've been a PlayStation gamer. it feels as if Sony does absolutely nothing about cheaters.. Except on some occasions when i was playing Metal Gear Online.. 

So since with the PS4 they are giving us the ability to record all gameplay.. That would mean that more and more gamers will be reporting online multiplayer cheaters via their console and posting video's of these cheaters in the act more frequently.. 

So my question and concern is how is Sony going to address this issue ??.. So far there is no clear and concise information about how to report cheaters on the playstation network.. I am in no way a microsoft fan nor do i even like their products i am Sony all the way, but microsoft SWIFTLY deals with cheaters from the talk i've had with some XBL gamers 

Another reason this is a big concern to me is amount of time they took to oust the "Greatness Awaits cheater". I can only imagine that there will be more and more reports of cheaters on the PS4 platform with video of them in the act being posted.. I like Sony but if they are slow on a non multiplayer event like the greatness awaits cheater how quickly can they respond and take action against cheaters being reported frequently and what is their exact plan.... ????

added labels -FluffyKitty_0256

Message 1 of 20 (4,251 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Re: Sony PS4 and Online Multiplayer Cheaters.

Aug 28, 2013

Red handed should be permabans

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 2 of 20 (4,243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 28, 2013

glasscut wrote:
I am in no way a microsoft fan nor do i even like their products i am Sony all the way, but microsoft SWIFTLY deals with cheaters from the talk i've had with some XBL gamers 

Although I find your concerns valid, don't kid yourself with that last point.  I used XBL for over eight years - there are cheaters all over that network, too, no matter how "swiftly" they are dealt with.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 3 of 20 (4,241 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

glasscut wrote:
I am in no way a microsoft fan nor do i even like their products i am Sony all the way, but microsoft SWIFTLY deals with cheaters from the talk i've had with some XBL gamers 

Although I find your concerns valid, don't kid yourself with that last point.  I used XBL for over eight years - there are cheaters all over that network, too, no matter how "swiftly" they are dealt with.

But thats the point they are dealt with swiftly and more frequently than Sony.. Cheaters take the fun out of a game.. This is main reason a lot of gamers hate multiplayer and online trophies.. Cheaters ruin it.. 

Message 4 of 20 (4,234 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1193 posts

Aug 28, 2013

From what my friends that have 360 have told me, Microsoft deals with cheaters... after they have been reported multiple times from various sources. There is no swiftness about it. Frankly, there shouldn't be a swiftness about it as there are jerks that will report you for the sake of reporting you.

That said, there should be some way to report cheaters. There are cheaters or glitchers on the Uncharted multiplayer modes and a way to report them, but it just seems like it gets over looked. That's mostly because we don't know if the person was even sent an email or banned or anything. I know we'd all like immediate justice for these jerks, but it's not like they stole your cell phone, you report it to the police, the police go find your phone, arrest the jerk and then give you your phone back. They have to actually do research to see if these jerks are actually doing what's being acused. Sometimes there is no way to tell.

Also, it was only until Uncharted 2 for most gamers where you could watch replays from anyone's view point that you could see exactly what they were doing and then take screen shots and post them on the Naughty Dog forums. These help speed the process along quite a bit and I believe there actually have been users from being banned in the Uncharted games because of their glitching ways.

photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 5 of 20 (4,228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 28, 2013

glasscut wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

glasscut wrote:

But thats the point they are dealt with swiftly and more frequently than Sony.. Cheaters take the fun out of a game.. This is main reason a lot of gamers hate multiplayer and online trophies.. Cheaters ruin it.. 

Based on my experience, I do not beleive this is true - at all.  Yes, the reporting system may be more intuative, but, I see no evidence whatsoever that their system is any more effective at dealing with those reports in any way.  Again, this is after eight years of using XBL. 

Im not saying that there is no room for improvement - there is a ton.  What I am saying is that Microsoft sucks at it, too - in my experience.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 6 of 20 (4,208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

glasscut wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

glasscut wrote:

Based on my experience, I do not beleive this is true - at all.  Yes, the reporting system may be more intuative, but, I see no evidence whatsoever that their system is any more effective at dealing with those reports in any way.  Again, this is after eight years of using XBL. 

Im not saying that there is no room for improvement - there is a ton.  What I am saying is that Microsoft sucks at it, too - in my experience.

Well that doesn't give Sony the right to be down right awful at dealing with multiplayer cheaters.. The players met grief report solution is nonsense and goes nowhere... With the PS4.. Sony will be receiving frequent videos of cheaters i can imagine.. This is the perfect time for them to either hire a team that deal with these reports.. This is what i think they should do.. 

1.  First offense with a video report - 2 Week Ban from the PSN 
  2. Second offense with a video report -  1 month Ban from the PSN ( Mac address ban from the PSN ) 
  3. Third offense with a video report - Permanent Ban, Mac address Ban.. ( more money for Sony as the cheater has to buy a new PS4 and create a new PSN account )

Since all reports with be on video mostly.. 

Message 7 of 20 (4,196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 28, 2013

glasscut wrote:

Well that doesn't give Sony the right to be down right awful at dealing with multiplayer cheaters.. The players met grief report solution is nonsense and goes nowhere... With the PS4.. Sony will be receiving frequent videos of cheaters i can imagine.. This is the perfect time for them to either hire a team that deal with these reports.. This is what i think they should do.. 

2. Second offense with a video report -  1 month Ban from the PSN ( Mac address ban from the PSN ) 
  3. Third offense with a video report - Permanent Ban, Mac address Ban.. ( more money for Sony as the cheater has to buy a new PS4 and create a new PSN account )

I see where you are going with this, but you make an assumption that reports will be done via video sharing, which, I suppose many will.  Because of the very nature of the new UI and social features that Sony is touting, I am reasonably certain that a new reporting system will be rolled out.  Time will tell.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 8 of 20 (4,191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

glasscut wrote:

I see where you are going with this, but you make an assumption that reports will be done via video sharing, which, I suppose many will.  Because of the very nature of the new UI and social features that Sony is touting, I am reasonably certain that a new reporting system will be rolled out.  Time will tell.

This has been a big problem for awhile.. It should be more like Sony is out of time on this and should give gamers a clear cut solution on the support page on how cheaters are dealt with.. Their TOS is not a solution its just a TOS.. 

Message 9 of 20 (4,186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 28, 2013

glasscut wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
This has been a big problem for awhile.. It should be more like Sony is out of time on this and should give gamers a clear cut solution on the support page on how cheaters are dealt with.. Their TOS is not a solution its just a TOS.. 

Okay. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 20 (4,183 Views)
0 Likes