Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 30 2013
By: bloodshot_99 First Son 17 posts

Sony PULSE Elite Editon Headset?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 672 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

I want to buy the Pulse Elite headset because I feel that it is a huge step up from the earlier model headset that I have. I just don't want to spend my money on it if there will be a newer one coming out soon. It's kind of expensive to just have another come out in a couple months. Any info and/or recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (672 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Sony PULSE Elite Editon Headset?

Mar 30, 2013

Bought mine from Best Buy for $149.99 but I had a giftcard for $25 and $25 in Best Buy reward points so I got it for $100.00. I love mine so far. The only complaint that I have is that the top of the headset is a little uncomfortable so after awhile the top of your head starts to hurt. I fix that by just adjusting it every so often, taking it off then putting it right back on, not a big deal. I also love the fact that is has preset audio settings for different types of games like racing and shooters or stereo if you just want to listen to music.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Just ordered mine off of the great amazon, so that was 20 bucks cheaper plus no sales tax so I saved about $30 if not more!

Also they just launched a bioshock infinite bundle so get bioshock infinite and the Elite headset and you get $20 off.. I passed but not a bad deal also I never saw any mention of a new headset coming out but I had seen where this headset used to be over $200 so yeah.. they are still advertising it in the PlayStation Accessories spot so I would say fear not for at least a year!
Still have yet to get mine should be here April 2nd but from what I looked up it seems to be just what I wanted for the ps3
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9414 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Keep in mind though that while it might be a step up, its still not Dolby Digital Surround sound like what's encoded in our video games. This leaves the surround sound a bit lacking vs 7.1 Dolby Headphone Technology as used in Astro and Turtle Beach 7.1 headphones. The sound may be pleasing but for the cost, the surround sound is really lacking.

If you can't afford a pair of Astro A40's or A50's, you should look into the Turtle Beach DXP21's which offer 7.1 Dolby Surround. They are 150.00 headphones dedicated strictly to Audio instead of wireless eating up the cost and Amazon is selling them for 79.00. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0042Y2F76
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1677 posts

Mar 30, 2013
The Pulse Elite is a great headset, I cannot deal with wires. I doubt a new one is coming in the next few months.

The wireless audio works with PC and any other device that has a headphone jack as well, so you get more than the typical gaming headset.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2463 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

I got the pulse head set for christmas and I really like them. They have really great sound and I find them to be comfortable. You just have to correcty adjust them and I can play w/ them on for quite awhile. One thing to keep in mind is that in anyway do  not lose the USB dongle that comes with them. I keep mine in the USB port all the time and if you were to lose it they do not sell replacements and w/ out it your head set is useless.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Mar 30, 2013
I have a pair and think their great. Good value and due to the fact that the dongle has a 3.5mm jack there are many wireless applications they can be used for.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9414 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Depends on what you value though. Sound quality or Wireless. If sound is more important, there are much better options for the price. And since the surround sound is inaccurate, you are better off with stereo headphones and an inexpensive amplifier if you can't afford Dolby Surround.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (598 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 31, 2013

I love mine so far. I never play Dust 514 without it. :smileyvery-happy:

I definitely appreciate the lack of wires. The headset comes with an aux cable so I can use it with my phone or vita and the usb receiver works on computers too. I don't know much about turtle beach headsets, so I won't say anything against them. I've heard good things about them, though.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Yeah it does lack Dolby 7.1 surround sound but I don't even have 7.1 surround sound as it is and am not that big of a audiophile to care, and since I just have the regular tv speakers going on it should sound amazing compared to what I am used to plus the whole rumble pack thing reviewed pretty nicely so I think it will be an interesting feature to try out for myself.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (435 Views)
0 Likes