Mar 03 2013
By: KemetMan72-_ Sackboy 587 posts

Sony Store Prices

2 replies 68 views Edited Mar 3, 2013

Why is Motostorm Apocalpse still $59.99? I wanted to get Dragon Age Origins, but I added up the expansion list and it was in excess of $90.00. I bought a used copy of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for $25.00. Also there are games from 2006 such as callin'n all cars that still retail for $9.99. Does Sony even check their own prices anymore? 

And why did they pull Folklore from the store? I read past archives and indeed it was on there at one time. Sony is severely lacking digital dowload RPGS. Anyone have any ideas on this? :smileyhappy:

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23798 posts

Re: Sony Store Prices

Mar 3, 2013

You're paying for the game, you're not paying for the format. Just because it's a digital format game does not mean it was suddenly easier to make. Also with no competition from retail outlets who want to give you the best price, there's no reason to give you a break on price of a game.

This idea that digtal games were going to benefit to the consumer, because of the lack of a physical product, is a fallacy. The industry has been pushing digital games for the very reason you stated, because there is not "used market". Downsize the product, and upsize the profits.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (58 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13879 posts

Re: Sony Store Prices

Mar 3, 2013

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare stayed at $60 longer than most games i'm aware of. If people pay it, they keep the price-point.

To answer your other question, if they are removing and changing their store, im pretty confident they are aware of what things cost.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)
0 Likes