Mar 27 2014
By: XNightWarriorX Fender Bender 3134 posts

Sony Worldwide Studios

[ Edited ]
14 replies 236 views Edited Mar 27, 2014

This is a interesting story from ign.

Extracted from source: "PlayStation 4 may still be selling in droves, but unfortunately for Sony, the PlayStation family’s biggest trump card isn’t its hardware. That distinction belongs to Sony Worldwide Studios, the biggest and most esteemed collection of exclusive first party developers in the gaming industry."

Mod Edit: Updated label, subject title & extracted main idea from source. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 15 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Sony Worldwide Studios

Mar 27, 2014

I would like to know what is going on, is Sony going to come out and tell us what and why all thoses job cuts or are we just going not to hear anything

Message 2 of 15 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2086 posts

Mar 27, 2014
?
Message 3 of 15 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Mar 27, 2014

WuTthEStetevE wrote:

I would like to know what is going on, is Sony going to come out and tell us what and why all thoses job cuts or are we just going not to hear anything

I wish you'd bother to do the homework yourself.

Sony is in a transitional period with its restructuring and the way things are looking, it will be done by the end of the year.

All of the employees leaving are NOT from Sony themselves firing people. Get it through your head that there is NO CONSPIRACY going on.

The majority of the lay-off are from people who are simply because a project is either cancelled or 'going gold' where most employees are just contractors, some are going to bigger and better things, some are retiring.

IT IS NOT OUR BUSINESS to know why these people are leaving. So just let it be.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 15 (188 Views)
VP of Gaming
28676 posts

Mar 27, 2014

WuTthEStetevE wrote:

Look up the term "non-disclosure agreement'.

Message 5 of 15 (177 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 28, 2014

I just find it odd that they close down studios, lay off workerts and now 2 directors from ND just left

Message 6 of 15 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3096 posts

Mar 28, 2014

WuTthEStetevE wrote:

SONY doesnt owe you any explanations... These are internal business decisions...

Message 7 of 15 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
3702 posts

Mar 28, 2014

We are not seeing Studios close workers come and go. Sony may have other people in mind we don't know. Projects end so does the need for staff.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 8 of 15 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Mar 28, 2014

WuTthEStetevE wrote:

I just find it odd that they close down studios, lay off workerts and now 2 directors from ND just left

Sony are firing everyone, don't believe most people who'll try and tell you otherwise, Sony wont tell anyone whats going on, but we all know Sony are in desperate times right now.

They decided the division to cut losses was the games and entertainment sector. So thats whats really happening.

Just people are being given the opportunity to leave quietly without actually having to mention to future employers that they were actually axed.

Happens all the time.

Message 9 of 15 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3134 posts

Mar 28, 2014

Thanks Super_Nova2k13 for the edit.

Message 10 of 15 (98 Views)
0 Likes