Jun 19 2014
By: YOUNG_x_FLYKID First Son 11 posts

Sony, advertise your games.

[ Edited ]
34 replies 329 views Edited Jun 19, 2014

PlayStation/Sony you guys are starting to **bleep** me off and here's why. Advertise your freaking games. You guys have so many underground games and they sale like crap like for example Starhawk. I love that game to the brim but not many people know's about the game's. I know that advertisement's are expensive but if people know about the game's then you will profit from that. Also for another example Mario kart 8 . No one will notice that game but the Nintendo community but guess what..... Nintendo advertise that game to have the amount of sale's that it has now. Sony/PlayStation I have hope in you guys I really do. 

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl

Message 1 of 35 (329 Views)
VP of Gaming
28970 posts

Re: Sony, advertise your games.

Jun 19, 2014

How long have we heard this same old story?

"Sony doesn't advertise. They do? Well I haven't seen it. They advertise on South Park, The Daily Show, Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, the NFL, NBA, Major League Baseball, the NHL, ESPN, The Colbert Report, and Tosh .O? I'm a gamer, I don't watch sports. I don't laugh because  I have to be serious ALL: the time, and I think Family Guy is unrealistic.. The dog TALKS! So because I don't watch any of the programming that the majority of 18-49 year old sports watching beer drinking males watch, Sony doesn't adverstise". 

Message 2 of 35 (310 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1413 posts

Jun 19, 2014

They advertise a little, but not nearly as much as I believe they should. Microsoft has toned down as well, but still a lot more than Sony.

Gaming died with the PS2
Gaming in 2016 is a casual scrub's dream
Thank you for ruining a once great hobby
Message 3 of 35 (303 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 19, 2014

I didn't even know what starhawk and warhawk was until I started coming here

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 4 of 35 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jun 19, 2014

It's even worse when it comes to vita and vita games. Unless it's a shooter Sony doesn't advertise much. Killzone and uncharted they advertise a ton, but anything else gets next to nothing. Even the vita killzone got next to nothing.

Message 5 of 35 (286 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3905 posts

Jun 19, 2014

Dont really matter a lot of people learn about games from the store shelf or internet gaming sites. I watch tv once in a blue moon now.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 6 of 35 (256 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28970 posts

Jun 19, 2014

stalemate666 wrote:

It's even worse when it comes to vita and vita games. Unless it's a shooter Sony doesn't advertise much. Killzone and uncharted they advertise a ton, but anything else gets next to nothing. Even the vita killzone got next to nothing.

Sony only make a FRACTION of the total games on the market. What you think is Sony "advertising" is just what ever console tag is at the end. Games like Watch Dogs and Destiny, they will tout the sharing feature. 

I'd lay even money that there are those who are going to look at these two ads, which ran on PRIME TIME TELEVISION, and say "I've never seen these", and then turn around and say "I don't watch television".Well you know what? Television is still the way the majority of advertisers reach the most amount of people for their dollars. If you don't watch television then really you have no business saying "Sony doesn't advertise". And I've always contended that "gamers" have the same viewing habits as senior citizens. You're not going to see these ads on Law and Order. But you might see them on something like Colbert or The Daily Show. 

If you've bought the game, then the ads aren't made for you. You've already bought it, there's no need to reach you. They are making the ads for people who HAVE NOT bought the game. And the marketing demographics that they pay good money to research, say that programming 18-49 year old sports watching, beer drinking, fast food buying males watch is the audience they're trying to reach. 

Message 7 of 35 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

Jun 19, 2014

If it's a product people want chances are they already know about it and don't need to see advertisements. Just look at the PS4 console itself. Sony really never had ads on TV for it aside for the Taco Bell commercials and it's still selling nonstop. Less is more. Why spend millions of dollars on stupid gimmicks and events like some other companies do only to have nothing to show for it. I for one don't think Sony is giving in to various sites and dumping money on them to praise their stuff or promote it. Which is smart because they're saving money and as you can see it seems to be paying off.

Message 8 of 35 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4846 posts

Jun 19, 2014

Over here on the UK media, it all seems to be X-Box. Apart from a sudden spate of 'For the Player'-type stuff and a recent couple of pushes for Watchdogs, they are few and far between.

Now, we don't want a spam-fest of advertising like MS, but a bit would be comforting.

Message 9 of 35 (210 Views)
VP of Gaming
28970 posts

Jun 19, 2014

Given the lead that Sony has over Microsoft at the moment, they're going to spend more money on advertising. It's also Summer. People are going to be out enjoying the sunshine. The traditonal big advertising season are the Christmas holidays. 

Message 10 of 35 (204 Views)
0 Likes